Analysis, Comments & Reactions from the Web about the new Supra

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I don't understand how someone can be that unhappy with the Supra lol, its so good!
Some of his complaints were legit, and some were silly. Complaining about seat bolstering when you are clearly overweight and don't fit in the car very well is not the seats fault. Most sports cars have seats that suck you in otherwise you slide around everywhere. It's nearly impossible to build one seat that fits every body type. I am 189 lbs and lift a lot of weights and fit fine. I honestly would not want the seats wider.

I think some of it is price too, as a Porsche there is likely closer in price to a Supra whereas here in the US there is a big price gap between a comparatively configured Supra and Cayman.

Complaining that the interior is nice "but not Toyota" is the one that gets me. I see these complaints all the time and I don't really want a Toyota interior over a BMW interior too be honest. The Supra interior is far superior to any of my previous American sportscars (GT350, SS1LE, C7 Corvette).

The car not "being low enough" is one of those things. You can clearly put lowering springs or coilovers on it if you want it lower, but most "budget" sports cars are not that low as they have to meet safety standards, and if Toyota lowered the car too much then other reviewers would complain about scraping and the car being too hard to get in and out of because it's too low.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Some of his complaints were legit, and some were silly. Complaining about seat bolstering when you are clearly overweight and don't fit in the car very well is not the seats fault. Most sports cars have seats that suck you in otherwise you slide around everywhere. It's nearly impossible to build one seat that fits every body type. I am 189 lbs and lift a lot of weights and fit fine. I honestly would not want the seats wider.

I think some of it is price too, as a Porsche there is likely closer in price to a Supra whereas here in the US there is a big price gap between a comparatively configured Supra and Cayman.

Complaining that the interior is nice "but not Toyota" is the one that gets me. I see these complaints all the time and I don't really want a Toyota interior over a BMW interior too be honest. The Supra interior is far superior to any of my previous American sportscars (GT350, SS1LE, C7 Corvette).

The car not "being low enough" is one of those things. You can clearly put lowering springs or coilovers on it if you want it lower, but most "budget" sports cars are not that low as they have to meet safety standards, and if Toyota lowered the car too much then other reviewers would complain about scraping and the car being too hard to get in and out of because it's too low.
Agreed, dude is super overweight but complaining about a "small car" seems misplaced. BMW interiors are nicer so I don't see the problem there either

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
OMG this is funny, cause thats me.... I want a rerun with that guy now that my car is no longer stock.
What car was it that was trying to race you? What year is your supra?

I had some instagram zoomer run up on me like that in traffic and downshift and then goose it, then he started honking like it was some BabaYaga YouTube video and I just smiled and waved and didn't do a thing while the goober took off like he was late for his cell phone store job. Its annoying.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
What car was it that was trying to race you? What year is your supra?

I had some instagram zoomer run up on me like that in traffic and downshift and then goose it, then he started honking like it was some BabaYaga YouTube video and I just smiled and waved and didn't do a thing while the goober took off like he was late for his cell phone store job. Its annoying.
I think it was a Q50. Definitely not stock as it was on a ricer gunshot tune. Mine is a 21 and bone stock in that video.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Got some info from that guy in the video. Was a q50. Full bolt ons with an e30 tune. This is what we can expect out of the Z when it comes out and people mod them. Not that impressive.....

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Got some info from that guy in the video. Was a q50. Full bolt ons with an e30 tune. This is what we can expect out of the Z when it comes out and people mod them. Not that impressive.....
Same stage the Supra will be faster most definitely. A z boy will have to catch a Supra one stage behind them to win any races
Sponsored