Analysis, Comments & Reactions from the Web about the new Supra

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
hey Z8AKU :) I'm in Mesa...since you're not busy driving your LC or Supra and would rather fight over something dumb on the interwebz, can I come over and borrow either one for a few hours? I promise I will be enjoying them to the fullest!
Sponsored

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Takes a coward to insult a man's struggle with addictions from behind anonymity on a forum no less. You've been reported!
Congrats on your sobriety. If you don't mind me asking, what were your struggles and addition? I have a close friend that went downhill fast from meth back in the late 90's. He's normal now but man those were some dark times.

Anyways, here are some threads about that and a cool nostalgic video of GTE blocks being manufactured.

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/help-with-2jz-history-origin.641663/

http://www.supramania.com/forum/threads/2jz-gte.98345/

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on your sobriety. If you don't mind me asking, what were your struggles and addition? I have a close friend that went downhill fast from meth back in the late 90's. He's normal now but man those were some dark times.
I need to write a book seriously. I was strung out on cocaine at the age of 17 and was using intravenously at that time in the mid 80's. Lots of Marijuana and the occasional hallucinogens with alcohol being a normal part of my daily routine (mostly beer). I never used Methamphetamine nor did I ever touch Heroin thankfully. I watched friends go from happy healthy lives to being in the worst forms of purgatory any human can imagine, all because they simply wanted to let loose and party a little on the weekends. Those little benders we did as kids eventually become almost ritualistic later in our adult lives. Some moved away from it while a few like myself continued the insanity. It was the 80's and that's what us kids did back then partied like rock stars.

I had been homeless on a few occasions during those dark times, I was in and out of county jails for frivolous and petty crimes while wandering around chasing my ambitions of playing music in a successful band not realizing I had a real problem with alcohol. I was able to successfully kick all drugs by the time I was 25 however, the alcohol was a motherfucker. I wasn't a raging alcoholic, but I was a binge drinker. I would stop intermittently and then out of nowhere go on an all night bender with friends, and sometimes that bender would last a few days or a week and then I would stop for a few weeks or even a month before starting back. I tried to regulate my patterns to ensure myself I wasn't an addict and I could just quit anytime I wanted.

It was in my late 30's though when I had been drinking pretty heavy that weekend and woke up not feeling quite right. My heart was skipping beats and I felt like I was going to die. I shrugged it off as just part of being hungover and went to work like I always did. Few days had passed and I went to the ER as I wasn't recovering from the feeling I had. Found out after a quick EKG that I had a blocked sinus node on my heart. It wasn't clear how the blockage occurred but it was stated to me by the doctor that some live long healthy lives, while some have sudden strokes and heart attacks as a result from these types of blockage. That alone triggered alarm bells deep in my mind and scared the living shit out of me. My grandfather died from alcoholism at the age of 56 and I thought if I didn't put the drinking behind me right then and there I would end up like him and maybe before I hit 56 at the rate I was going.

I had been to all sorts of AA, CA and NA groups/meetings years prior but they never did anything but introduce me to other addicts who were just as fucked as I was, and whom some later relapsed and fell further into their addictions. I quit alcohol on October 24, 2009 and haven't had a drop since then. I don't attend meetings or groups and I'm never tempted to drink or get high. The thought of reliving those dark, miserable days at my age now is something I cannot fathom. I won't ever relapse because knowing I have a minor heart problem is more than enough to scare me into remaining sober. More importantly, I have my life back and feel amazing. I have helped many kids and adults who have struggled with these types of addictions acting as mentors to some and showing them that they have hope and that by becoming sober they can become the best they can.

It's really disheartening that someone here would carelessly and recklessly use content of someone's IG account for the purposes of defamation and ridicule someone's sobriety publicly like it's some fucking joke.

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyways, here are some threads about that and a cool nostalgic video of GTE blocks being manufactured.

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/help-with-2jz-history-origin.641663/
https://www.thyssenkrupp-steel.com/en/newsroom/highlights/trial-period-successfully-completed.html
"thyssenkrupp has had a very close relationship with the Japanese car manufacturer for many years in its role as a supplier."

Well boys and girls here it is right from the horse's mouth. Thyssenkrupp AG here stating on their official site they have had on ongoing relationship with Toyota for many years sourcing parts and materials to them. We know from factual data from this company that they did in fact acquire the former Johann Krause GmbH firm in 2006 so this further leads me to believe that those articles about the 2JZ-GTE having been co-developed and engineered by Johan Krause back in 1991 to be factual and not some falsified or misinterpreted rumor stuck in the mill of the virtual world here.

;)

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Z8AKU That’s some crazy shit and the most important thing is that you’re alive, sober and strong enough to kick the bad habits. I commend you! Don’t let Matt’s post get to you.

A crazy memory of my buddy was that he was missing for weeks. His mom called me to help her look for him. He was living up in the Bay Area so I flew up there with our other buddies to go find him.

We tracked down his gf at the time to a house in Oakland. My buddies didn’t want to knock on the door so I did. I knew this guy since kindergarten and we played football all through h/s. He was like my brother.

Someone let me in and says he’s in a room with a bunch of dudes smoking. I go in there and there are 8 people in a dark room all passing around the pizzo (glass pipe made out of those vile air fresheners that you buy at the liquor store desk).

I tell him, “Let’s go!” and he’s hesitant b/c he didn’t get a hit yet. Then one guy passes the pipe to me and I decline. He then stands up, pulls out a gun, points it at me and says, “how do I know you’re not a snitch” and cocks it. At that time, I’m shaking! My friend tells him to chill and then I say, “dude, I’m just here to get my friend, that’s all!”

I tell the dude, I’ll out and tell my friend, we’re all outside, handle your business and let’s go.

He didn’t come out until an hour later. I was pissed that they put me in that situation but glad he was found and went back with us it SD.

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Z8AKU That’s some crazy shit and the most important thing is that you’re alive, sober and strong enough to kick the bad habits. I commend you! Don’t let Matt’s post get to you.

A crazy memory of my buddy was that he was missing for weeks. His mom called me to help her look for him. He was living up in the Bay Area so I flew up there with our other buddies to go find him.

We tracked down his gf at the time to a house in Oakland. My buddies didn’t want to knock on the door so I did. I knew this guy since kindergarten and we played football all through h/s. He was like my brother.

Someone let me in and says he’s in a room with a bunch of dudes smoking. I go in there and there are 8 people in a dark room all passing around the pizzo (glass pipe made out of those vile air fresheners that you buy at the liquor store desk).

I tell him, “Let’s go!” and he’s hesitant b/c he didn’t get a hit yet. Then one guy passes the pipe to me and I decline. He then stands up, pulls out a gun, points it at me and says, “how do I know you’re not a snitch” and cocks it. At that time, I’m shaking! My friend tells him to chill and then I say, “dude, I’m just here to get my friend, that’s all!”

I tell the dude, I’ll out and tell my friend, we’re all outside, handle your business and let’s go.

He didn’t come out until an hour later. I was pissed that they put me in that situation but glad he was found and went back with us it SD.
Thank you! Yes I have been in some life threatening situations. During my youth I had resided in Dallas, Texas for a brief period in my life and use to venture down into South Oak Cliff with this black friend at the time. We would go to these dime houses to score $10 bags of weed from the crazy Jamaicans that ran that part of town. I saw my fair share of street fights, shootings and stabbings in broad daylight as well as at night walking out of some of those areas after scoring. Those fools were crazy and feared nothing including the law. I was only around 18 or 19 at that time and those drug dealers back then carried automatic weapons and giant machetes. The worst one was a deal gone bad between a Cuban and a Jamaican at a 7 Eleven right off Harry Hines Blvd by Parkland Memorial Hospital, and the Jamaican just opened fire on this guys car as the Cuban was driving off. Rounds were flying glass was flying everywhere. To this day I don't know if that Cuban guy was killed or not. I ran down an alley way fearing I would be shot for witnessing the shooting. Luckily I got the hell out of there and hoped a few neighborhood fences and made my get away.

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How did we go from arguing the 2JZ's origins to addiction? like what
What we meant to say was crank, not crack and meth injection, not methamphetamine.

No pun intended using the Robert Downey Jr meme too.:spaz: :rofl:

upload_2020-2-26_20-26-7.jpeg

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
Infowars? Matt Calderone were you fed paint chips as a child? This debate has been ongoing, yet there has never been a legitimate and final answer has there? Most people are just so stupid and ignorant they will accept any answer and not take the time or do their due diligence about fact checking multiple sources and checking again. It's no surprise how the Government is able to dupe so many sheep year after year. I told myself never to get back on any automotive forums again. Now I remember why LMAO. You people are amusing.
Thanks for specifically spelling out my last name. I appreciate you caring so much. You narcissism hardly shows as you place yourself above "people on automotive forums" when the fact is your low IQ is what truly comes through.
You and PerformanceSound must be great friends.

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
Maybe you can ask Matt how it happened? ;)
Yes it's my fault when your looney toon ass started copy pasting here from google.

Dude looks like you must like making friends with people on the internet. One of your fans has a youtube channel about you that sounds like you made friends with them as well. Lokki Saints, I dont know who the fuck you are but a quick YouTube search reveals roughly who I pictured you being. Sorry you struggled with addiction, homelessness, and a failed music career but my only problem with you is you are copy pasting a story about a cars engine that has little to no evidence of being accurate. As much you want to believe it, that doesnt make it true. If you want to take this further I'm not interested, I dont fuck with people that look they have a vanilla ice cover band. Strict policy.

Last edited:

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Maybe you can ask Matt how it happened? ;)
Many websites will ban users outright for doxing people like you did. Luckily for you the mods here don’t seem to care about that.
Edit:
Honestly both of y’all need to let this go and quit antagonizing each other. Agree to disagree, be the better men that you both are.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
^^^

Sorry, some of us are working 50 hrs a week, caring for elderly grandparents, special needs animals, and worrying about issues around the house. But you're right, playing referee between grown ass men is most definitely a higher priority. :rolleyes1:

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...-new-toyota-supra-it-really-sucks-143025.html

Famous Japanese Tuner and Racer Roasts New Toyota Supra, “It Really Sucks”

Shinichi Kobayashi may not sound familiar to you, but in Japan, he’s pretty well known by the aftermarket and motorsport communities. Kobayashi-san founded Matchless Crowd Racing in 1994, a company from Saitama that’s specialized in extreme machines.

The MCR R34 GT-R was crowned Touge Monster by drift king Keiichi Tsuchiya a few years ago, cementing Kobayashi as the go-to person for hot Nissans in the Land of the Rising Sun. Matchless Crowd Racing can also spruce up the R35 as well as the 370Z, but we won’t talk about these cars today.

Instead, we’ll talk about how a tuner and racer is roasting Toyota for rebadging the BMW Z4 as the GR Supra when the car clearly isn't a Supra.

I admit I came across this video three months late, courtesy of an r/cars thread titled “How Do Japanese People Feel About the GR Supra?” The reply that captured my attention by the scruff of the neck is Kobayashi-san’s interview with Tuned Japan, uploaded on YouTube on January 15th.

“Why does it seem like everybody – including Smokey Nagata and all the other famous tuners – hates the new Supra?”

To that question, Kobayashi replied that “it’s so slow” and “I can’t battle using that thing at all. That car can’t drive at all. It’s a BMW inside anyways” and “a complete waste of money.” As far as roastings go, this one is smoking hot.

The man you will either hate or love for his stance on the front-engine, rear-wheel-drive sports car then explains how he benchmarked the 3.0-liter model against the Audi RS 3 Sportback at Fuji, hitting 248 clicks instead of 255 kilometers per hour for the German hot hatchback. “I think the A 45 is faster than the Supra," added Kobayashi-san.

On that note, the interview’s ending summarizes how little this man thinks of the all-new model that features a BMW engine, BMW platform, and torque-converter automatic from ZF Friedrichshafen even though Toyota owns transmission manufacturer Aisin Seiki.

“It really sucks. The new Supra really isn’t made well at all.”
Sponsored