Any Options for Non-Fake Vent Door Garnishes?

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Well, this was confirmed with the Toyota factory Supra lifecycle guy at SIV last year so....
I mean the FT1 was created in 2014. He can say what he wants. Those fake vents are there because of the concept. They were supposed to be functional... but are now just a horrible reminder of what this car could have been.

Then you had Tetsuya Tada assuring people the fake vents could be made functional after the backlash from people realizing they were closed.

Don't know what to tell you.

Toyota-FT-1-vs-Supra-lateral.jpg

https://espirituracer.com/reportajes/toyota-gr-supra-ft-1-concept-comparativa-visual/#

At one point during the engineering of this car, it was supposed to have all its vents functional.
Sponsored

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
What kind of decisions are made which moved Toyota from the FT1 to the MKV end product? I love my Supra. But, if it was the FT1, probably the last car I would ever buy.

NINaudio

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
What kind of decisions are made which moved Toyota from the FT1 to the MKV end product? I love my Supra. But, if it was the FT1, probably the last car I would ever buy.
They were limited to using the hardpoints on the chassis provided them by BMW.

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
all the vents remaining can be made functional...

Except the door ventnards

I mean the FT1 was created in 2014. He can say what he wants. Those fake vents are there because of the concept. They were supposed to be functional... but are now just a horrible reminder of what this car could have been.

Then you had Tetsuya Tada assuring people the fake vents could be made functional after the backlash from people realizing they were closed.

Don't know what to tell you.

Toyota-FT-1-vs-Supra-lateral.jpg

https://espirituracer.com/reportajes/toyota-gr-supra-ft-1-concept-comparativa-visual/#

At one point during the engineering of this car, it was supposed to have all its vents functional.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Excuse the thread resurrection...

Is anyone aware of any other options yet for the fake door vents?

I can live with them 99% of the time, the other 1% is a PITA when the car is being washed/dried!

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT

I can live with them 99% of the time, the other 1% is a PITA when the car is being washed/dried!
Mate, get a pet drier, 50-60 quid off amazon, job done! Trust me it's a life changer for all the vents, real and fake, blows all the water out.

1000022355.png

All you have to contend with is the neighbours giving you the look 🤣

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

There is an option I think in the works but it's literally opening holes to no where and regardless is going to accumulate water.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Mate, get a pet drier, 50-60 quid off amazon, job done! Trust me it's a life changer for all the vents, real and fake, blows all the water out.

1000022355.png

All you have to contend with is the neighbours giving you the look 🤣
I've been using this one for the last 20 years now. I remember people poking fun at it when I purchased it...then asking to borrow it after seeing how awesome it is

d_701.jpg

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
There is an option I think in the works but it's literally opening holes to no where and regardless is going to accumulate water.
I just want something that has no inlet whatsoever like the TRD based garnishes. Just looking for something that maintains the same body lines as the car.

The TRD garnish look so out of place.

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
I just want something that has no inlet whatsoever like the TRD based garnishes. Just looking for something that maintains the same body lines as the car.

The TRD garnish look so out of place.
I've been contemplating designing a garnish that fills that fake vent area but instead of the creases you see on the Rexpeed version, keeping the garnish smooth. Not sure if this is something you're looking for?

I have like 5 other 3d printing projects going on currently but if you'd want to test a set I'd love to try my hand at designing some!
Sponsored