Anyone coming from a German Sports Sedan?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Oh I can certainly see why people would think that, it's subjective and yeah, it's a really small car. I'm 5'8" in the biggest shoes I own, and like 180lbs. It's really comfortable for me! It feels somewhat claustrophobic even for me though, and like I said, I'm not very big. I've got a buddy who I've been meaning to try and fit in the car - he's 6'6". I'll ask him how comfortable it is when he finally gets a chance to get in. :)
Shorter height for the win. I love the size of the car. Drove 10 hours straight in it and was totally fine. It's my DD in the summer. To low for the winter though. Coming from a BMW I rarely used the back seat anyways. Usually for a bag or two that's it.
Sponsored

GhostLE

First Name
Mansoor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, G63
Used to have a CLS550, CL63 and a M6. All of which in my opinion are great cars. I like my Supra more. Would recommend minor bolt ons. A tune down pipe and meth to bring out it’s true power without breaking the bank. Suspension could be better. At a minimum I would go with hks lowering springs and a Cusco rear power brace to improve driving over 100mph if you ever decide to go that fast.

OP
OP

CaptSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
B8.5 Audi S4
If you have an extra car for hauling as mentioned and no intentions for kids, I'd highly recommend the Supra.

I've had an ISF, BMW F80 M3, and BMW M2 as my most recent cars and love the Supra. Ride quality is very compliant as a daily driver. No regrets so far nonetheless.
Coming from a new M3, that's high praise! Feeling more confident into jumping into it

OP
OP

CaptSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
B8.5 Audi S4
Used to have a CLS550, CL63 and a M6. All of which in my opinion are great cars. I like my Supra more. Would recommend minor bolt ons. A tune down pipe and meth to bring out it’s true power without breaking the bank. Suspension could be better. At a minimum I would go with hks lowering springs and a Cusco rear power brace to improve driving over 100mph if you ever decide to go that fast.
Waiting for the 2021 hopefully improved suspension fixes the concerns

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I sold my W204 C63 AMG to fund the A90. No regrets. I love the C63. Brutal, analogue, sounds absurd. Love it.

The A90 is just as fun - in a different way - but no regrets. Would own another C63 in a heartbeat if I could afford it and had the room.

GR1109LE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR SUPRA LE #1109, 2018 AUDI S6
Came from, still have my 2018 Audi S6. Two different animals. I'm must admit Supra is much more fun to drive. All wheel drive V8TT in the audi is a blast but Supra has a different feel.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I came from a 2015 Porsche Macan S and it's weird, but in a good way. I got use to the large, go over anything (e.g. speed bumps) that I forgot that I have to do the sports car crawl every time there is anything but a smooth road.

The power and nimbleness makes up for it in spades.

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Haven't made the move to the Supra yet, but my current ride is my 1991 Porsche 911 964. In the past I've had a Spec944 for track use, and my ex wife and I had a Boxster for a weekend car.

Sadfhorde

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Evo X MR, 2010 BMW M3, 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63S
Supra is still top of my list for my next car. When that happens, I'll be trading in either the M3 or C63s for it. As always, the Cayman is fantastic but I don't feel the value is quite there for me personally.
Sponsored