Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
Z fanbois are gonna have a field day with this one šŸ’€
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Can someone explain the hate boner Supra owners have for the new Z?
Probably something along the lines of it being a "Supra killer" and then it actually being a complete dog sh*t performance wise. :dunno:

Also, someone put a straight up rectangle on the front and I can't unsee it. Someone actually sat in a conf. room and proposed it and then bunch of other people approved that fugliness.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Can someone explain the hate boner Supra owners have for the new Z?
Despite being ugly as sin with poor performance? It's somehow claimed to be a "Supra Killer" but it slugs it out with 86s. From every aspect, the Z is at least one tier below the A90.

And the mods putting a NISSAN Z button on the top bar and calling it "The Competition" aren't really helping its cause. šŸ˜…

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Supra competition is the M2, Cayman, not this Z.
This Z is more of a muscle car competitor than a sports coupe. Against the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger itā€™s decently competitive.

It should not be reviewed and compared against the BRZ/GR86 because those are a price bracket below.

When the reviewer said the autos were used do to being superior he lost all credibility.

tucker90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium AT Absolute Zero
Despite being ugly as sin with poor performance? It's somehow claimed to be a "Supra Killer" but it slugs it out with 86s. From every aspect, the Z is at least one tier below the A90.

And the mods putting a NISSAN Z button on the top bar and calling it "The Competition" aren't really helping its cause. šŸ˜…
I get all that agree, but I just pretty much just ignore the Z because it was never a car I considered or cross shopped with the Supra. Definitely seems like a car for a different audience. I guess I never really saw the ā€œSupra killerā€ stuff. Cars are so subjective, even if on paper the Supra is better in most ways if the Z speaks to an individual in a certain way then I donā€™t see the problem with choosing one over a Supra.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I get all that agree, but I just pretty much just ignore the Z because it was never a car I considered or cross shopped with the Supra. Definitely seems like a car for a different audience. I guess I never really saw the ā€œSupra killerā€ stuff. Cars are so subjective, even if on paper the Supra is better in most ways if the Z speaks to an individual in a certain way then I donā€™t see the problem with choosing one over a Supra.
Yeah.. I couldn't care less to be honest. It's just a bit of fun, really. We drive what we drive for reasons that are personal to us; be they financial, sentimental, or in the case of the Z, stupid.

See what I did there? šŸ˜‚

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Supra competition is the M2, Cayman, not this Z.
This Z is more of a muscle car competitor than a sports coupe. Against the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger itā€™s decently competitive.

It should not be reviewed and compared against the BRZ/GR86 because those are a price bracket below.

When the reviewer said the autos were used do to being superior he lost all credibility.
This ā˜

Problem was when it was released, they chose to compare to the Supra. Stupidly, I was thinking same price range, why notā€¦. Some even had their hand on the scale (as expected $$$) and said Nissan won vs Supra. Whateverā€¦ At least this review mag, tried to put it up against something it could stack up against. If not comparing priceā€¦.

True. You could throw money into anything. Question is, how many Toyotas do you (personally) see on track compared to Nissan? Toyota did a great job making a product where independent owners are getting our cars out there :) And Iā€˜ll be damned bro, theyā€˜re holding up!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
This ā˜

Problem was when it was released, they chose to compare to the Supra. Stupidly, I was thinking same price range, why notā€¦. Some even had their hand on the scale (as expected $$$) and said Nissan won vs Supra. Whateverā€¦ At least this review mag, tried to put it up against something it could stack up against. If not comparing priceā€¦.

True. You could throw money into anything. Question is, how many Toyotas do you (personally) see on track compared to Nissan? Toyota did a great job making a product where independent owners are getting our cars out there :) And Iā€˜ll be damned bro, theyā€˜re holding up!
I currently see more 350 and 370zā€™s on track than Supras on any given track day for sure.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
It's a lot more attainable to track a $7000 350z on ebay coilovers, nankang tires and rota wheels
Thatā€™s about the only Zs I see on track. And they are few and far between. Maybe itā€™s the heat down here šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I have yet to see a new Z on track. Lots of Supras howeverā€¦ and thankfully. Iā€™ve gotten a lot of great tracking info from our fellow Supra owners.

Itā€™s also nice having the BMW guys bragging to others that the Supra is BMW DNA šŸ˜‚ I can only speak for Miami/Homestead and Sebring. The layout at Homestead especially facilitates interaction with others. Being in a giant open garage. 4 cars per bay and open to the next bay. Itā€™s great! Add to the fact weā€™re putting down some really fast consistent times together, people talkā€¦

But glad to hear Brian sees more. I had a lot of hope for the Z many years ago. It just never facilitated down here for whatever reason. I will say the GTR would overheat fast. Iā€™ve seen more of those on track (and on the sidelines šŸ„µ) than I have the Z. And the two GTRs Iā€™m thinking of in particular added additional horsepower = heat.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Needs more work can't match the true competition.
Sponsored