Anyone install a Vargas GC or GC+ Turbo ?

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I saw those too but apparently for the B58 units they have upped the quality.
Could be a better product.. but at the end of the day it's the same guy who has a reputation for not standing behind his own Chinese sourced product.
Like I said, some of the items I've picked up haven't had any issues with but the guy's shady business practices is enough to keep me from going back.
If you do pick one up I'd still like to see what kind of numbers you put down.
Sponsored

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Could be a better product.. but at the end of the day it's the same guy who has a reputation for not standing behind his own Chinese sourced product.
Like I said, some of the items I've picked up haven't had any issues with but the guy's shady business practices is enough to keep me from going back.
If you do pick one up I'd still like to see what kind of numbers you put down.
I am still waiting for the CTS stock location turbo to release. Should be similar in price range but CTS has better reputation. Titan did 900whp during testing.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Bump for this
Also interested. I like that GC doesnā€™t have a core charge. I do wonder about the big price delta between Pure and everyone else. Would be good to see some competition in the market and options besides Pure.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Also interested. I like that GC doesnā€™t have a core charge. I do wonder about the big price delta between Pure and everyone else. Would be good to see some competition in the market and options besides Pure.
It's because you only get the cold side of the turbo. Almost exactly like the Pure "Stage 1" was. I've heard pretty negative things about this particular setup. Unless someone has used one recently and had good, long-term results, I'd stay far away.

Pay to play, get what you pay for, etc. etc.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
It's because you only get the cold side of the turbo. Almost exactly like the Pure "Stage 1" was. I've heard pretty negative things about this particular setup. Unless someone has used one recently and had good, long-term results, I'd stay far away.

Pay to play, get what you pay for, etc. etc.
100% appreciate this and thank you but hoping for some fact-based discussion. I can work with information about what part of the turbo is actually modified. If itā€™s just the cold side, then that is very useful. The ā€œIā€™ve heardā€ and ā€œyou get what you pay forā€ is a little less useful to those of us weighing our options. I just havenā€™t seen anything one way or another on anything other than the Pure setup. Iā€™m not looking for a pretext to try GC or Drift Motionā€”just want to see what othersā€™ experiences have been.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
100% appreciate this and thank you but hoping for some fact-based discussion. I can work with information about what part of the turbo is actually modified. If itā€™s just the cold side, then that is very useful. The ā€œIā€™ve heardā€ and ā€œyou get what you pay forā€ is a little less useful to those of us weighing our options. I just havenā€™t seen anything one way or another on anything other than the Pure setup. Iā€™m not looking for a pretext to try GC or Drift Motionā€”just want to see what othersā€™ experiences have been.
Fair. The fact: GC is the cold side of the turbo only. Hence the price and no core deposit.

As far as options go, there are several. Are you hell-bent on factory frame turbos, or are you looking for all options?

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Not sure why people are trying to revive the dead.. As far as I've seen, he's not sold the first one, for our cars, and they've been on backorder for over a year..

Go on the bmw forms if you wanna research this guy and his product.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Fair. The fact: GC is the cold side of the turbo only. Hence the price and no core deposit.

As far as options go, there are several. Are you hell-bent on factory frame turbos, or are you looking for all options?
Honestly, Iā€™m not committed one way or another yet. Iā€™m probably leaning more factory frame just because I am not chasing big whp figures. There is no magic number but Iā€™d be more than satisfied with 500-550 whp; my main concern is how the motor performs between 3-5k RPMs. I may yet go with Pure if only because it has the most robust track record on the B58. But itā€™s good to see if there are different approaches out there.
Sponsored