Anyone mess around with 60-130 times?

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
7.46 is insanely quick for this car. I know you're Botti tuned, but that tune must be aggressive as hell!
I believe it made 490 whp and 620 wtq, something like that

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
So I finalized my tune with my tuner, it never hit as hard as when I got the car. So I went to the old tuner got the last revised tune. Did a couple pulls with both tuners. Found out using the paddles around 6k is easy .5 second faster then running it to 7k in auto. Best with finalized current tuner Was 8.6 downhill by 2%. Best with old tuner was 8.86 with a .65% downhill grade making it valid. It does hit harder that’s for sure, but the current tune is smoother and all the current ecutek options. I believe we are going to have the current tuner come down and rent a dyno for the day, I’ll have my old map do some pulls then expect him to at least match that old tune. DA was still 4k so maybe at sea level in good air it would be a low 8.

Attachments

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
One might hope that's obvious on the stock turbo, given its powerband.
Might be obvious to some, wasn't to me. I see so many race videos or drag strip videos where they start in manual mode then slap it over to auto. Frank from babayaga was the one who told me to manually shift at 6-6.3k.

To be honest I always scoffed at those posts on how do I race my auto.. It's a auto what do you need help with. That's coming from someone that's always had a manual my whole life. It was a 1 month learning curve.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Might be obvious to some, wasn't to me. I see so many race videos or drag strip videos where they start in manual mode then slap it over to auto. Frank from babayaga was the one who told me to manually shift at 6-6.3k.

To be honest I always scoffed at those posts on how do I race my auto.. It's a auto what do you need help with. That's coming from someone that's always had a manual my whole life. It was a 1 month learning curve.
Yeah - it's a little bonkers. But the power on the stock turbo is over at 5800-6k. Shifting in auto mode is going to take a ton of time off your slip. I've been experimenting with 5800-5900 and all sorta things in between. There's definitely a delay on hitting the paddle, and some cognitive delays there as well. So you actually need to slap it a couple of hundred milliseconds before you think you need to slap it.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah - it's a little bonkers. But the power on the stock turbo is over at 5800-6k. Shifting in auto mode is going to take a ton of time off your slip. I've been experimenting with 5800-5900 and all sorta things in between. There's definitely a delay on hitting the paddle, and some cognitive delays there as well. So you actually need to slap it a couple of hundred milliseconds before you think you need to slap it.
Just north of Vegas is "Mexico" where they have already prepped the street. I plan on riding out the next Monday as I'm off for the week and doing some dragy testing. I play more with it then, ill take your advice and try a shift a little earlier then I want it to. Weather should be good, idk how flat the area is, but that's where the "fast" guys go and its away from town on a private road. I do plan on hitting the final "midnight mayhem" on Dec 10th to get official times, but LVMS doesn't put any prep or anything down. most guys go faster at the "Mexico" spot

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Very low boost on the Pure800.

1637466247108.png
I'm very excited to see where you land at the end of this journey. These screenshots are some of my best 40-100s on E40, obviously stock turbo and conservative MHD tune.
Screenshot_20211120-225944_dragy.jpg

Screenshot_20211120-225928_dragy.jpg
Sponsored