Anyone running Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4?

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I had positive experiences with the Pilot Sport AS 3+ on my 370Z for cold weather driving, is anyone running the newer AS 4 version on their Supra? Would love to hear opinions. I daily my car so I'll be driving it in the colder winter weather in WA. No plans to try driving it in the snow though.

If you are using these tires, are you using stock width?

So far in the wet and colder weather we have been having, traction seems manageable with the stock tires, but not great.
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I put them on my M240i and like them. It’s x drive so not a very good comparison.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I have them on my 440i Xdrive. Superb tire for dry and wet weather/daily use. A Supra in non true winter conditions would probably do well on this tire. Should provide good wet traction and better grip in cooler conditions than the summer Michelin which are standard.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
I will soon have the Michelin Alpin PA4 winter tires on if anyone wants to know how they do once I get some miles on them in 2 weeks. Not the same as the 4s since that's a AS and this is a winter tire but I figured I would mention it.

Im_Bradical

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
For an all season performance tire, these are definitely the way to go. I owned a/s 3+'s as well. I work in the industry and driven the a/s 4's at different events (although I don't personally own a set). I continued to be impressed. They only make improvements on these, there's a ton of R&D going on.

I personally own the 4s for the supra. I have a camry that I drive daily.

Buy them from Costco, it makes it easier if you don't like em... you'll have a time frame to test em out. Just saying ;)

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I will soon have the Michelin Alpin PA4 winter tires on if anyone wants to know how they do once I get some miles on them in 2 weeks. Not the same as the 4s since that's a AS and this is a winter tire but I figured I would mention it.
My M2 was equipped with that tire in winter in Germany. Superb and performance oriented winter tire. Worth the expense.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
My M2 was equipped with that tire in winter in Germany. Superb and performance oriented winter tire. Worth the expense.
Glad to hear personal positive review. This will be my first time in the snow and with snow tires. I was contemplating getting the continental DSW06 PLUS for all season but I'm sure the Alpin are superior in the snow which is the biggest concern of mine.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Glad to hear personal positive review. This will be my first time in the snow and with snow tires. I was contemplating getting the continental DSW06 PLUS for all season but I'm sure the Alpin are superior in the snow which is the biggest concern of mine.
If you are in winter conditions, cold roads and moisture and below 7C please do not use all season. Braking action is better with winter tires in cold conditions as is grip. This is proven over and over, plus sound driving habits. Ice is bad for anything so it wont matter the tire of course.

OP
OP
nosavingthrow

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Thanks for all the replies, useful info.

For anyone running slightly wider tires (265 front, 285 rear) does this cause any issues with traction control or handling in any way? It sounds like you've got to go into the tire settings on the car and either have it re-learn or set to custom? What is the implications of doing that?

I'm considering going with slightly wider tires simply due to inventory issues, but want to make sure it is mostly hassle free.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
I switched over as I now have a set of track tires / wheels. All Season made more sense and they seem to work better in the rain and are working well in the cold dry (25 degrees F). Have a pickup that I drive with the snow.

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal B48, 2019 Blazer 2lt
I'm on my second set of rears now with my Michelin all season 4 tires. I like them, 275, 40z r18. Just the tread life is not the best, about 25k miles or so.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
These seem like a great year round option.

I plan on getting a used set of OEM 19’s and throwing on Michelin Crossclimates for winter use. Obviously not as good as a full winter, but I don’t plan on intentionally driving in snow.

Superooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
I have them on my Subaru Crosstrek, way too much tire for the suspension and engine. Grip for days in the dry and have taken the car to Tahoe during snow storms and they do great.
Sponsored