Anyone Tried Coding the Supra Yet?

Brian04

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
^^^ Thanks strange I can’t access that ECU using BimmerCode. Is that what you are using? When was your car built?
Yes I’m using BimmerCode. 6/19 is the date on the door. Are you using OBD link MX adapter?

Brian04

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That very well could be your issue on why you can’t see some modules. I bought one obd adapter and tried it and it didn’t display all and after researching more I found out the OBD link MX will read more ecus.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
That very well could be your issue on why you can’t see some modules. I bought one obd adapter and tried it and it didn’t display all and after researching more I found out the OBD link MX will read more ecus.
Wow thanks!

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, when I contacted bimmercode on Monday they stated that they are not currently working on codes for the Supra, they do not have a timeline for new codes, and most importantly, they do not have access to a Supra at this time.

I guess I should have asked how they set up the auto-start/stop without a car, but I just ended the conversation depressed. ;(

I did it for you and this was their answer:

the engine control unit used in the Supra is the same that is used in the Z4 and many other BMWs and therefore the ASS just works exactly the same way it does in those cars. This has been tested by multiple users with a Supra and since this is one of the most demanded options, it has been added to the current version of the app. Many other options that work for the Z4 may work for the Supra too, but without testing it would be very risky to just add those and let people play around with them. They may work, but they may cause serious problems and I just do not want to be responsible in case of problems.

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone tried coding the speed limit warning out?

Every time I go over 120 kph, I get the red speed warning and its really annoying. Tried to stop it from vehicle settings - speed limit warning - uncheck the speed warning
Also tried to raise the speed limit warning to 260 kph.

Nothing works unfortunately.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone tried coding the speed limit warning out?

Every time I go over 120 kph, I get the red speed warning and its really annoying. Tried to stop it from vehicle settings - speed limit warning - uncheck the speed warning
Also tried to raise the speed limit warning to 260 kph.

Nothing works unfortunately.
Strange, that sounds like a software issue for the dealer. Mine has never got off, unless I had it activated...

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
I had always previously used e-sys with Launcher Pro, activated by TokenMaster (use google if you don't follow that) to code various pure BMWs.

Given BimmerCode is relatively cheap, I already had Enet and Lightning to RJ45 cables, it made sense to try it.

Very easy to use, push and play. I have coded the brightness bug for the Idrive screen, various display warnings and beep on lock checkbox on a UK Supra with no noticeable ill effects, all using a Z4 G29 as the target.

The I-level is now shown in Bimercode (3.3) and mine is running version 19-3-546. That's already out of date for pure BMW cars.

The Toyota dealer did not know what an I-level was but would be happy to update it, as and when, if they could. Currently they don't have the BMW approved UPS for module flashing so wouldn't want to try.

Has anyone tried disabling the exhaust sound faker using the G29?

spike89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1966 Mustang 1989 Supra 2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra
What is a-level? I have never had BMWs before the Z4 Supra.

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
It’s basically the software version of your car.
From Google:
The ECU's in a BMW are not meant to be updated individually, rather as a collection which BMW has tested and knows all work fine together.

The collective version number of all programmed ECU's is called the I-level, or Integration level.

The I-level is a set of numbers that looks like E89X-11-09-410. The first part is the chassis group, which is followed by the year and month of the release and a build number for that release. So, E89X-11-09-410 would mean a E80/E90, 2011, September, version 410.
The Supra chassis group is S18T. So S18T-19-3-546 means Supra, 2019, March, version 546.

ISTA (BMW’s dealer level software) already has a later integration level available to pure BMWs. Whether BMW is obliged to share that, and keep it updated, with Toyota who knows. I would hope as part of the JV ongoing software updates as part of warranty support were included. If Toyota didn’t get that into their JV agreement, that’s rather silly.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
I have two dealerships looking into getting I-drive access right now. Both have no idea where to start and have put in request to Toyota on this due to low screen brightness being a safety issue. If I hear they get access, I will let you all know.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I have two dealerships looking into getting I-drive access right now. Both have no idea where to start and have put in request to Toyota on this due to low screen brightness being a safety issue. If I hear they get access, I will let you all know.
This should fix the dim screen issue. . I personally havent not tried but will most likely give it a shot sometime next week as i need to go borrow my buddies OBD tool.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
That is likely the route I will take. At the same time, Toyota needs to get it together as it seems they are unprepared to service this car. I mainly made the complaint to the dealerships to see what they were capable of. I have been to three dealerships total and none had so much as the oil filter in stock.