Arizona Supra Club

James1995lin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
Hey guys, I recently relocated to Pheonix (Glendale) and I'm having trouble finding a dealership that has parts that can service/maintenance my car. I called 4 different dealerships today and they all say the parts for maintenance are in back order and they have no clue when they're going to have stock. Do anyone of you guys know a dealership that has the parts ready for servicing?
Sponsored

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
Wha
Hey guys, I recently relocated to Pheonix (Glendale) and I'm having trouble finding a dealership that has parts that can service/maintenance my car. I called 4 different dealerships today and they all say the parts for maintenance are in back order and they have no clue when they're going to have stock. Do anyone of you guys know a dealership that has the parts ready for servicing?
What servicing parts are you looking for?

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
I didn't ask specifically, but I'm sure it's just the basic stuff like oil filter and oil change stuff :(
No problem at Findlay Toyota in Presott. When I was there last week for safety recall, there was another supra there for oil change. Usually call to make sure they have oil and filter on hand. I've been told by parts guy and service manager they get them in a couple days if out of stock.

James1995lin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
No problem at Findlay Toyota in Presott. When I was there last week for safety recall, there was another supra there for oil change. Usually call to make sure they have oil and filter on hand. I've been told by parts guy and service manager they get them in a couple days if out of stock.
Thank you so much for your help! I'll def give them a call and make sure! :D

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys!

I finally got my first service / oil change (@9800 miles) and had the latest recall done today at Precision Toyota here in Tucson...They actually had 2 Supra certified techs on site there that were very familiar with doing the current recall which made me feel a bit better...I hate taking my cars in to get serviced...Overall, I was very pleased with the experience...

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Hey Guys!

I finally got my first service / oil change (@9800 miles) and had the latest recall done today at Precision Toyota here in Tucson...They actually had 2 Supra certified techs on site there that were very familiar with doing the current recall which made me feel a bit better...I hate taking my cars in to get serviced...Overall, I was very pleased with the experience...
I'm going to be setting up an appt. with Desert Toyota soon due to the recall. Frankly, I hope they DO reset all my bimmercodes to factory...I lost track of which was which.

A91Refraction

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Been a long time since Iā€™ve been on this thread so HELLO to everyone new and old.
I actually have my free HPDE at Bondurant this weekend, is anyone else here going to it? Purchased mine a year ago and think this was the first time slot they had available.

d0xic

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra A91-CF Nitro Yellow
Been a long time since Iā€™ve been on this thread so HELLO to everyone new and old.
I actually have my free HPDE at Bondurant this weekend, is anyone else here going to it? Purchased mine a year ago and think this was the first time slot they had available.
Hihi~~

I hope you enjoy your day! Can't wait to hear/see your experience.

I am curious about the free lesson/day when I purchased the car too. Curious how to go about "redeeming" it.

A91Refraction

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Hihi~~

I hope you enjoy your day! Can't wait to hear/see your experience.

I am curious about the free lesson/day when I purchased the car too. Curious how to go about "redeeming" it.
It was about a year ago so I don't remember the specifics but pretty sure it started with an email from Toyota with a link to sign up for the 1 year NASA membership. That seemed to be about a month after I actually purchased the Supra (10/2020). After enrolling, the next email came from NASA with a chance to pick the venue and date. I was glad that the first date available was so far out to give me time to get used to the car and break it in properly. As that date got closer, more direct emails confirming my commitment date and option to pay for the 2nd day.
Put my number on the other day so I think I am ready. I'll let you know how it goes! :drive:

Attachments

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
It was about a year ago so I don't remember the specifics but pretty sure it started with an email from Toyota with a link to sign up for the 1 year NASA membership. That seemed to be about a month after I actually purchased the Supra (10/2020). After enrolling, the next email came from NASA with a chance to pick the venue and date. I was glad that the first date available was so far out to give me time to get used to the car and break it in properly. As that date got closer, more direct emails confirming my commitment date and option to pay for the 2nd day.
I did my HPDE at Bondurant Wild Horse track in June of this year (2021). It was educational and made me a better driver. I never had any desires to road race on the street, and after going through this course, I feel road racing on the street is the dumbest thing. Go to a real track and it will quickly reveal what skills (or lack thereof) you possess.
I also wanted to share my experience here - most of the cars on te track are Miatas or highly modified track-only vehicles (at least on the day I was there). There were 2 Supras (MKV) and one expensive Maserati. I was really concerned that road debris picked up from the car in front of me would ruin my paint job. And the Wild Horse track is in bad shape with plenty of debris. The track is also small and highly technical. The fastest I was able to do was 75 mph and had to slow down and prepare for the next turn. Yes, I learned some skills but was hoping for a sweeping type of course where one can get up to about 100 mph, not the case at Wild Horse.

I would say the best experience was being in the passenger seat while my instructor made the Supra dance like Fred Adstaire on asphalt. When he handed back to me, I made the Supra look like a klutz .... a drunk one at that.

Oh ... and I gained a new level of respect for Miatas. Agility rules on small course like Wild Horse - not HP.

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
I did my HPDE at Bondurant Wild Horse track in June of this year (2021). It was educational and made me a better driver. I never had any desires to road race on the street, and after going through this course, I feel road racing on the street is the dumbest thing. Go to a real track and it will quickly reveal what skills (or lack thereof) you possess.
I also wanted to share my experience here - most of the cars on te track are Miatas or highly modified track-only vehicles (at least on the day I was there). There were 2 Supras (MKV) and one expensive Maserati. I was really concerned that road debris picked up from the car in front of me would ruin my paint job. And the Wild Horse track is in bad shape with plenty of debris. The track is also small and highly technical. The fastest I was able to do was 75 mph and had to slow down and prepare for the next turn. Yes, I learned some skills but was hoping for a sweeping type of course where one can get up to about 100 mph, not the case at Wild Horse.

I would say the best experience was being in the passenger seat while my instructor made the Supra dance like Fred Adstaire on asphalt. When he handed back to me, I made the Supra look like a klutz .... a drunk one at that.

Oh ... and I gained a new level of respect for Miatas. Agility rules on small course like Wild Horse - not HP.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Iā€™m scheduled at Wild Horse in January. Two questions:

1.Was the track in such disrepair with debris that it damaged your car?

2. Would you do it again?

Thanks!

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
Thanks for sharing your experience. Iā€™m scheduled at Wild Horse in January. Two questions:

1.Was the track in such disrepair with debris that it damaged your car?

2. Would you do it again?

Thanks!
It had been a heavy raining season so I can't tell you what Wild Horse track would be like now. On my track day, I parked next to some regulars there and they told me to tape up the front hood to protect it from rocks (seeing that mine is a shiny Supra). So I did. Turned out I had to clean all the glue from the tape the next day and it was a lot of elbow grease to get it off. Overall, did not get any debris kicking up to my hood mainly because I did not tail people. Like I said, you will be out there with people with beat up, track specific cars and they don't care if something happens to their cars. It's a track, not a beauty pageant, they would tell you.

When my instructor drove his Miata, it was all out war. He would tail people so close it made me nervous but he was not trying to be an ass, it's a track (remember). One time, he made the guy in front of him so nervous and that guy spun out in to the dirt. He should 've waved my instructor by.

The worst thing is that I was a noob and I wish I had time to learn the track at my own pace before having other people out there at the same time (even though we were all novice class). My best advice to you is go your own pace and wave people by if they want to be faster than you (on the straight away). If your lines are good, you'll be on their ass in the next corner and they'd wish they didn't pass you ;) Taking the curves with the best line is the goal, not how fast. Having the best line will allow you to be faster (more efficient) than others. At every corner, my instructor could blow by anyone in front of him because his lines were prefect. And when you're on the best line, others are swinging too far to the outside lane and losing time. I knew this but got wrapped up in going fast and ended up between picking good line and going fast (not the best outcome). DON'T follow the guy in front of you unless he's an instructor. A noob will pick the worst line and if you follow them .... you'll end up not learning anything. Get to fully understand what early apex is and try to do it every time.

Will I do it again? Maybe. I appreciate the lesson, but not so much the track time. I forfeited my last round. But that's me! Let me know your experience when you're done.

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
Thanks for the great info and advice! Very helpful. Two more questions:

1. What made you decide to forfeit the last round?

2. Why are people with dedicated track weapons going out on a HPDE level 1 one day? It sounds like you were with some "regulars" who were not true novices (i.e., their first time on a track and giving advice).

Thanks @Kato!
Sponsored

Last edited: