Arizona Supra Club

BMWB58

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Has anyone else had issues with their Supra with the heat the last few weeks? I have less than 400 miles on mine and went to lunch last Thursday when it was 117, when I came out car would not start and “drivetrain malfunction” warning was displayed. Toyota roadside sent two different tow trucks, both of which were not equipped to tow the Supra and finally around 11pm when the car cooled down a bit I got it started and back to garage. Taking it in this weekend for service but just wondering if any of you have had a similar issue out here or it may not be heat related whatsoever…
Sponsored

Import111

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
No issues here. 7 days straight with 110 to 115 degrees and nothing different from normal with the Supra.

Katniss2020

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR, 1961 C10 Apache, 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Wagon
None here either and I’m into my second year. It’s definitely concerning since we live in this climate; definitely let us know if the dealer finds an issue. Hopefully it was just a sensor error.

B58ftw

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gr supra
Has anyone else had issues with their Supra with the heat the last few weeks? I have less than 400 miles on mine and went to lunch last Thursday when it was 117, when I came out car would not start and “drivetrain malfunction” warning was displayed. Toyota roadside sent two different tow trucks, both of which were not equipped to tow the Supra and finally around 11pm when the car cooled down a bit I got it started and back to garage. Taking it in this weekend for service but just wondering if any of you have had a similar issue out here or it may not be heat related whatsoever…
No, I’m in Phoenix too and haven’t gotten any issues with heat. Definitely heat soak more though. It’s crazy how much better the car feels when I was in flagstaff over the weekend. Can’t wait til fall.

Katniss2020

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR, 1961 C10 Apache, 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Wagon
Agreed, heat soak is ridiculous in these cars. I was 2 full seconds slower at the track in the heat...it had a hugely noticeable power drop off. You’d think as high tech as cars are these days, they’d figure this stuff out. Add fans, add ducting.. do something; a cooler engine is always a healthier engine.

BMWB58

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Appreciate the responses! I can’t take it in till Monday because the dealer does not have anyone certified to work on the Supra till then. Fingers-crossed it’s simple fix, I’m excited to get back to driving it.

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
Toyota roadside sent two different tow trucks, both of which were not equipped to tow the Supra and finally around 11pm when the car cooled down a bit I got it started and back to garage. …
I had an issue with mine last summer when the battery went completely dead, and was diagnosed to an open cell. Don't think this is your isse though. But I agree that Toyota Roadside Assistance sucks (for a >50k car). My incident happened on Sunday afternoon and after a long wait until 7 pm with no tow truck in sight, I ended up using my friend's AAA. At least you finally could drive it home. Let us know what went wrong.

BMWB58

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
First "Supra Tech" said he didn't know what I wanted him to do since the error was not displaying. The check engine light was on and he was just going to leave it....eventually he ran the codes and said the car was fine. Problem happened again and I took it to different dealer who just called and confirmed it was a defective battery. I am going to try and recreate the issue to make sure by leaving it outside for a little bit and trying to start it. It was definitely heat related because the car would start again once it cooled down in the evening after sitting for 4 or so hours.

I apologize for changing the thread to more of a problem thread... On a brighter note, has anyone been to the Cars & Coffee put on by Highline Autos in Desert Ridge (first Saturday of the month)? I went this past Saturday and there were a few Supras and just overall cool event.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, what Toyota Dealership / Service Dept in the the Tucson area are you taking your Supra to get oil and filter changes done?

TIA

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Hey guys, what Toyota Dealership / Service Dept in the the Tucson area are you taking your Supra to get oil and filter changes done?

TIA
I use Desert Toyota. I think I was the first in Tucson to own a Supra (3/2020) and had to virtually train their service guy on what oil to stock and etc. With only 6K miles iIve already been given two free oil changed there.

im not fond of Precision Toyota.

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium

TIA
I prefer using Motul so I go through a local shop in Tucson to get all my oil done. If I was still stock though and cared about the warranty I would definitely go to Precision. Had a great experience there with purchasing my Supra and they seemed to be judgement free when I told them my plans with the car.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I use Desert Toyota. I think I was the first in Tucson to own a Supra (3/2020) and had to virtually train their service guy on what oil to stock and etc. With only 6K miles iIve already been given two free oil changed there.

im not fond of Precision Toyota.
Thanks!

That's good to know because I was considering Precision Toyota!

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer using Motul so I go through a local shop in Tucson to get all my oil done. If I was still stock though and cared about the warranty I would definitely go to Precision. Had a great experience there with purchasing my Supra and they seemed to be judgement free when I told them my plans with the car.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm still stock...I'm just looking for a local Toyota dealership that actually has done oil changes on the Supra and uses the proper GR supra oil kit...

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks! Yeah, I'm still stock...I'm just looking for a local Toyota dealership that actually has done oil changes on the Supra and uses the proper GR supra oil kit...
I got you man. Can’t say for sure if they do or not. I went the Motul route since people with 21’s were having oil consumption issues. Haven’t had the issue myself. Not sure if it’s related or I’m just lucky. ?‍♂ Good luck though with the service department at either one though. At least they can’t try to sell you into a higher model car ?

BMWB58

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Hey Guys, unfortunately I no longer have my Supra. I had ordered a custom carbon fiber/alcantara flat-bottom steering wheel from Vivid Racing that is brand new in box, however I no longer have a use for it if anyone is interested in purchasing. I had worked out a deal with Vivid Racing to do an install and may be able to facilitate same if anyone was interested. Please DM me if any interest. I have the wheel in hand (no pun intended) and ready to go ASAP, opposed to 3 month wait to order from VR.
Sponsored

Attachments