Armaspeed Temp Sensor issue

YOTA_IL

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Put a glove on each end and the sensor mounted and suck on the pcv tube, its hard to see light unless its a really bright flashlight.

I got mine from speed industry and they checked the others they had instock and they were the same. no seal.

When i mounted the temp sensor to my HKS the stock oring compressed as the sensor was tightened down. Night and day vs the Armaspeed.
I used a stream light flashlight with 1000 lumens no light for me on mine. Tested before install.

only light I saw was here and there it being so bright it would shine through the carbon fiber weave if it wasnā€™t tight or thick in that area is my guess.
Sponsored

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
Put a glove on each end and the sensor mounted and suck on the pcv tube, its hard to see light unless its a really bright flashlight.

I got mine from speed industry and they checked the others they had instock and they were the same. no seal.

When i mounted the temp sensor to my HKS the stock oring compressed as the sensor was tightened down. Night and day vs the Armaspeed.
Precisely why I bought HKS from the beginning. Proven parts for a very long time.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I got mine from A90 Shop, shined a really bright lamp through, but couldn't see it. I then attached gloves to the ends, tightened the sensor down and blew into the vacuum line. I was able to confirm for sure it leaked out air at the sensor area.

51766161206_13524dd0d3_k.jpg

I had some gasket maker paste laying around from a Maintenace job I did on another car. I spread it on Wax cooking paper and tried to flatten it to 0.055", but after 24 hour drying time it came to 1/16. No matter, even at that thickness, I was easily able to stencil it out, put it on the sensor and tighten it down. I performed the glove test again, blew into the vacuum line; no more leaks and happy with the results.

51765332567_36a6c898ff_k.jpg

51765332552_ddad0448cf_k.jpg

I had purchased a rubber washer gasket maker from Lowes for under $3 as a backup plan ( Keeney 6-in Rubber Washer at Lowes -- it's hard to locate it in stores, look for it in the faucet\toilet repair area), but since my method above worked, I didn't end up using it. Figured I'd mention it for others looking for a quick and easy solution.

51766405633_d0a5805f52_k.jpg

I did a test run and happy to report error free operation. To be honest, I probably would have never noticed\tested the sensor gap and may have been okay running like that as well, but the $3+ gasket mod puts my mind at ease.

Anyways wanted to thank Baldmonkey22 for reporting this and hope ARMASPEED can fix this as I don't think this is acceptable for quite an expensive intake.

51767038730_0e20b1e130_k.jpg

thtsupra

First Name
CM
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Im in the market for an intake and I really wanted a armaspeed one for the loud spools...Now this thread is making me reconsider, I dont wanna do no modifications like you guys did to make it seal LOL

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Im in the market for an intake and I really wanted a armaspeed one for the loud spools...Now this thread is making me reconsider, I dont wanna do no modifications like you guys did to make it seal LOL
Honestly I wouldnā€™t worry. If youā€™re very concerned about it itā€™s easy to fix at least

OP
OP
Baldmonkey22

Baldmonkey22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Honestly I wouldnā€™t worry. If youā€™re very concerned about it itā€™s easy to fix at least
Right but for 500-750 bucks this shouldnt be an issue we have to deal with. i wasnt happy with the rough finish and loose resin boogers inside the tube either. why risk a 15k engine for a 500 dollar part thats questionable quality for some better sound?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Right but for 500-750 bucks this shouldnt be an issue we have to deal with.
Iā€™ve seen countless countless boosted cars without even a filter. Iā€™m not worried about a microscopic rock entering my engine bay and getting sucked up the 1mm gap. But thatā€™s just me

OP
OP
Baldmonkey22

Baldmonkey22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Iā€™ve seen countless countless boosted cars without even a filter. Iā€™m not worried about a microscopic rock entering my engine bay and getting sucked up the 1mm gap. But thatā€™s just me
Its not instant, it will do damage over time.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yup. Not concerned about it either.
Sponsored