Austin Supras?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0
Hey Austin Supras, new 2023 Premium AT owner here. Purchased in early November from a dealer outside San Diego after the local dealer where I had a deposit told me up to a year (after saying 4-6 months originally).

I purchased the ZL1 rock guards and am having a hard time installing. I canā€™t seem to get past installing the fronts (reinstalling the pins after setting the guards behind the liner). Does anyone here have experience installing and have any pointers? I know it shouldnā€™t be that hard but the pins just wonā€™t reinsert after the guard is installed behind the liner. I have read forum posts on this and watched a video on YouTube and Iā€™m not having any luck.

Thanks in advance!

60C23FF9-F8A9-4D4A-A3D2-8774E31B6583.jpeg

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
Did you try using a small plastic hammer to hit them? I didn't had any issues installing mine, but I don't know if they've changed the hardware they send since I installed mine 2 years ago

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0
Did you try using a small plastic hammer to hit them? I didn't had any issues installing mine, but I don't know if they've changed the hardware they send since I installed mine 2 years ago
Yes, I tried a plastic mallet hammer. That was effective when I gave up and put the liner back. I ended up having to order a couple of packages of the BMW pins from Amazon to reinstall the liner after giving up. But getting the pins to push through the liner and the guard inserted behind it seems to be more than my non-mechanical abilities can handle.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Does anyone know what happened to PPE in Georgetown?
Owners closed the business. Was lots of fighting but Iā€™m not at liberty to share information.

Looking forward to seeing the new shop open up and continue serving the Austin Supra community.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Who is running the new shop and where is it going to be?
Curtis is running and funding the shop on his own this time. From what I have heard it should be in a similar area north Austin.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0
can anyone recommend a shop in ATX that might be able to install the ZL1 rock guards? I got the rears installed but getting the pins to push through the fender for the fronts appears to be above my (low) skill level. Thanks in advance!

oreobbq

First Name
oreo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue
Are there any cars and coffee in the Austin area?

Also if any local owners are interested in an Fi exhaust let me know! I have one posted in the for sale section.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Are there any cars and coffee in the Austin area?

Also if any local owners are interested in an Fi exhaust let me know! I have one posted in the for sale section.
No cars & coffee currently scheduled in Austin, but San Antonioā€™s will return in March.

How did the Fi exhaust sound? Iā€™ve seen several Boost Logic exhausts around town but never an Fi exhaust.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
When is the SA cars and coffee?
Next SA Cars & Coffee is March 11 @ 7a-9a in the Fiesta Texas parking lot.

Theyā€™re always held the second Saturday of the month except for December and January.

When I make the trip, I arrive just before 7a and leave a little early since the entry & exit lines can get long.