Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
I've coded for Sport+ and have JB+ installed so I'm a little leery of going to the dealer about this. I may just let it be.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I've coded for Sport+ and have JB+ installed so I'm a little leery of going to the dealer about this. I may just let it be.
Auto off won’t work in sport+, you mean it won’t work in comfort mode right?

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
It’s usually battery isn’t charged enough, I keep a battery tender on the supra, auto start stop usually always works then. Only use it when cops pull up Next to me lol

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Who tf wants auto start stop on in the first place??? Such a stupid idea and to put it in the supra of all cars🤦🏽‍♂️

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Who tf wants auto start stop on in the first place??? Such a stupid idea and to put it in the supra of all cars🤦🏽‍♂️
first Time my auto off came on, I thought my Supra broke down at a red light. I was like wtf

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Ok, I'm gonna ask a dumb question. But OP didn't state and no one asked. You didn't accidently hit the A off button by sport button? It's close to the shifter and the sport button so it's easy to hit by mistake.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok, I'm gonna ask a dumb question. But OP didn't state and no one asked. You didn't accidently hit the A off button by sport button? It's close to the shifter and the sport button so it's easy to hit by mistake.
Nope, didn't hit the Off button.

A while back I got a message my car entered low power mode after not driving it for 2 weeks. It started fine. But I'm wondering if there wasn't some damage done to the battery. I have a CTEK charger but is doesn't say AGM. Is this safe to use?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Nope, didn't hit the Off button.

A while back I got a message my car entered low power mode after not driving it for 2 weeks. It started fine. But I'm wondering if there wasn't some damage done to the battery. I have a CTEK charger but is doesn't say AGM. Is this safe to use?
Sounds like a batter problem them. Make sure your battery is fully charged. I'd unplug it and reconnect everything too.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds like a batter problem them. Make sure your battery is fully charged. I'd unplug it and reconnect everything too.
Thanks. But like I asked is it ok to use a non AGM charger?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX

GR_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, '90 NA Miata, '05 Saab 92x
From what it sounds like, I agree that it's probably due to the battery charge state.

I also noticed that our car automatically will switch on the AC to defog the windshield if it detects any condensation, even when the AC button is off (light not on) and I never pressed the defog button. When the AC compressor is running, then auto start/stop will definitely be disabled. The only way to make sure the AC doesn't run is to switch the fan speed to be completely OFF. Heated seats might also draw enough power to disable auto start/stop.

I have some some loooong red lights where I live and I appreciate the auto start/stop in those situations. But I hate it when the car in front of me pulls up a few feet while the light is still red and the radar sensors triggers an engine restart and I'm sitting at the intersection burning gas for another two minutes.
Sponsored