Auto Trunk Support Lifts

Supramann15

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I ordered a pair, not for the auto opening function, while I get that's convenient, I don't really care about it personally. I bought them because the street hunter wing is heavy enough that if a breeze is out or its not fully fully open it comes crashing down. so, hoping this will help keep it open
I have the Seibon wing and on a slightly windy day the trunk slammed shut almost jamming my fingers.

Installed the struts from Lift Support Depot today and they work great. However it takes both hands to close the trunk and I think itā€™s a bit much. So I only installed one of them and kept the other side stock. It works great and I can close the trunk with one hand (guess I have a spare in case one of them goes out). Didnā€™t notice any gap changes on the trunk when closed in both configurations and happy with the results.
Ordered the springs from Amazon and will see if the trunk auto opens with just one strut.
Sponsored

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Update for yā€™all. Here are specs of my final solution. The shaking at the end isn't as rough as the video shows. It will pretty much go away once the struts and springs settle in. Specs below:

Struts:
  • Extended Length A [in]: 17.00
  • Stroke C [in]: 6.80
  • Compressed Length B [in]: 10.25
  • Force (Lbs): 120
  • Force Newtons: 534
  • Shaft Connection: Quick Release (Nylon) =10mm=3/8"=.39"
  • Body Connection: Quick Release (Nylon) =10mm=3/8"=.39"
  • Rod Diameter (MM): 8
  • Cylinder Diameter (MM): 18

Spring (Qty. 2):
1657404828679.png

Spring (Qty. 4):
  • Length 50mm
  • Inner Diameter 8mm
  • Outer Diameter 16mm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_5557.JPG

This setup with the alternate springs works. When using the alternate smaller springs you'll have to use 4 of them, I tried 2 and it's not enough. The trunk is now hard to close, and you can't use the internal handles, so I'm now using the top of the trunk to close it, not ideal, but worth it. I still have the longer springs on order and I'll swap them out most likely to compare.

Yabai

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 premium - Phantom
Can someone post in the DIY section with step by step instructions? That would be greatly appreciated.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Can someone post in the DIY section with step by step instructions? That would be greatly appreciated.
Get a helper to hold the trunk up (and jiggle a bit when installing / removing)
Flathead screwdriver to the existing clips backside to pull them off
Unscrew new lifts and install springs
Use ez lock lever to install new lifts with springs, this is where having the helper jiggle is important

If I end up messing with mine again I'll try to grab some pics for something more formal

dhcooper

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0
I recently performed this mod. I ordered the 2 blue springs and of course they told me that one was on backorder and would not arrive until late August. So I ordered the two short ones and the one long one. It worked just fine and now that the springs have broken in a bit, the trunk opens much smoother.

Yabai

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 premium - Phantom
Just installed the 2 blue springs, its are pretty strong. Maybe after awhile it will be better.

Bishop

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Normally I just lurk on forums without any posts. I just had to post here to thank you for making my life so much easier. My trunk is heavy with my spoiler. Blew me away after I installed it, didn't expect it to do that. No more manually lifting it and holding it up. Closing it wasn't that difficult

The only thing I changed that Vuuduu suggested was the spring, from 100mm blue to 90mm red springs (stiffer).

Forgot to grab some m8 washers (necessary?).

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Normally I just lurk on forums without any posts. I just had to post here to thank you for making my life so much easier. My trunk is heavy with my spoiler. Blew me away after I installed it, didn't expect it to do that. No more manually lifting it and holding it up. Closing it wasn't that difficult

The only thing I changed that Vuuduu suggested was the spring, from 100mm blue to 90mm red springs (stiffer).

Very well dialed in!

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
I managed to see somebodies car with the auto lift mod, and it was quite unsettling when you see it in real life. The hatch shoots up and quite literally shakes the entire back end of the car like you violently threw the hatch open.

Is there a spring that will help soften the violence, because I'm definitely interested in this mod...

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I managed to see somebodies car with the auto lift mod, and it was quite unsettling when you see it in real life. The hatch shoots up and quite literally shakes the entire back end of the car like you violently threw the hatch open.

Is there a spring that will help soften the violence, because I'm definitely interested in this mod...
That isn't how they all are. The exact springs and strut power will affect if it shakes afterwards, you should see my stock car post somewhere in this thread with a good combo of springs and I get basically no rattle. Some people went with stronger setups because of wings, so if someone did the wing strength but with stock hatch, you'd get what you describe. It's also possible the exact springs are different, mine are random 3d printer springs

imsuperjp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV

Do you have a link to the 90mm red springs?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
That's pretty impressive you got it to open it with the Verus wing. I almost took out my head and arm the first time I opened my trunk after the Verus install.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

DO you feel someone with say the seibon MB wing would still want the 100mm blue? It's not as heavy as the verus
Sponsored