AWE Track Edition w/ Stock DP Impressions & Sound Clips Wanted

Supa_Smlz

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
It caused a weird boomy sound that you could still hear over the exhaust. I thought it was just the exhaust and that it would've completely drowned out the ASD but someone here had recommended shutting it off still and I was surprised how much difference it made.
Interesting! I am on the fence rn as well on the track vs. touring...I had the track on my 2015 STi and it was pretty loud in the cabin at highway. Not sure I want to deal with that again lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
sour

sour

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Have you installed the exhaust yet? I am literally having this same back and forth in my head right now....touring or track....resonated or non...too much drone with track...lol
Def interested to hear your thoughts!
Hey, so I've got the Track Edition in my possession but I'm going to be waiting a couple of weeks for the weather to warm up before installing it. For what it's worth, I recall seeing that the non-res doesn't have resonators in the axle tube (hence the name) whereas the track and resonated do. I think the main difference between non-res and res touring is the tone/raspiness of the sound, especially if you're on an aftermarket DP. However if someone has more accurate info on that please correct me.

That said, since I'm planning to stick with a stock DP and it isn't my daily driver, I figured I would test out the Track Edition because I could always buy the conversion kit later on if I decided I wanted mufflers to reduce the drone. If you're planning on an aftermarket DP, you probably want to go resonated touring based on what you've said. If you don't mind spending a bit more dough you can try the track and convert to res-touring if you decide it's too loud/drony and you can experience both setups.

The cabin is notoriously quiet on these cars especially if you remove the ASD so my initial hope is that I won't have too much/unbearable drone. I'll report back after my install and testing in case you haven't decided yet!

Last edited:

Koval

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0; 2019 F-150 3.5 KR; 2018 Honda GL
Interesting! I am on the fence rn as well on the track vs. touring...I had the track on my 2015 STi and it was pretty loud in the cabin at highway. Not sure I want to deal with that again lol
As others have said the cabin is pretty well insulated. I suppose as a daily it might get a bit loud? But I will say the exhaust I had on my truck which still actually had a muffler on it (but no resonator) felt significantly louder in the cabin vs the track exhaust on the Supra. Ended up removing that one to go back to stock because it was just way too much.

Mike_Honcho

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I've driven my car for about 4,000 miles with the Armytrix catless down pipe and AWE resonated track edition exhaust installed, and I don't think the interior noise is all that loud, you definitely notice it but its still possible to have conversations in the car while driving. When cruising at 80 mph in normal mode, there is some drone, but not enough to convince me to purchase the touring conversion kit. It's definitely not as loud as some people make it out to be at least not as loud as some 5.0 Mustangs :D

OP
OP
sour

sour

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Posting an update for any lurkers in the future, and for posterity :beer:

Got the AWE Track, it's amazing.
- Used it as a weekend car, MY20
- Stock DP, MST intake V2
- Turning off ASD is super noticeable, I would almost say absolutely necessary
- Make sure you add spacers to the K-brace under the car to prevent that rattling when installing the exhaust
- I don't like stupid loud cars, and I thought Track with stock DP was perfect for my use case
- The increased noise will cause more vibrations and rattling in your interior, notably on cold startup and under acceleration the rear stabilizer bar behind the seats seemed to be the source, the sound would last a second or two. I never got around to fixing it as I've since sold the car
- Sounds amazing under WOT
- Can still ride around town normally without sounding like a maniac
- There is no valve, but changing from normal to sport would remove or add pops/bangs respectively
- Pops/bangs are much louder

Summary: If I could go back and pick an exhaust again, I'd still pick the AWE Track with my stock DP setup

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Posting an update for any lurkers in the future, and for posterity :beer:

Got the AWE Track, it's amazing.
- Used it as a weekend car, MY20
- Stock DP, MST intake V2
- Turning off ASD is super noticeable, I would almost say absolutely necessary
- Make sure you add spacers to the K-brace under the car to prevent that rattling when installing the exhaust
- I don't like stupid loud cars, and I thought Track with stock DP was perfect for my use case
- The increased noise will cause more vibrations and rattling in your interior, notably on cold startup and under acceleration the rear stabilizer bar behind the seats seemed to be the source, the sound would last a second or two. I never got around to fixing it as I've since sold the car
- Sounds amazing under WOT
- Can still ride around town normally without sounding like a maniac
- There is no valve, but changing from normal to sport would remove or add pops/bangs respectively
- Pops/bangs are much louder

Summary: If I could go back and pick an exhaust again, I'd still pick the AWE Track with my stock DP setup
Sound clip please

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Iā€™m about to have the AWE track exhaust installed with an AA catted downpipe on Wednesday. I know this thread was asking about stock DP, but Iā€™ll post my impressions after because a lot of people seem to switch from the stock DP to an AA catted even before going catless. The stock exhaust is phenomenal for what it is but Iā€™m excited to finally have a properly loud and rowdy sports car. :headbang:

@sour thanks for posting an update even after selling your car.

@Koval thanks for the tip about coding out/deactivating ASD after installing the track exhaust to get rid of some of the ā€œdroneā€

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
I have an AWE Track and an AMS Catless DP sitting for my A91.

Interested in hearing what this sounds like lol

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Flash Sale Alert! 15% off AWE retail prices plus free shipping, exclusively at Extreme Power House. www.x-ph.com . No coupon code is required ā€“ discounted prices are already applied.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Sorry, as previously mentioned I have already sold the car.

I never took videos but lived with it for about a year. Thanks
OP you became what you swore to destroy! I have stock DP and AWE resonated touring ATM, tempted to pull the resonators since that's more recommended for a stock dp setup

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Hmmm. When I had my OEM DP it was with the AWE Touring non-resonated. YMMV, but it was quite droney between 2-3K RPM.
Sponsored