back to 2.0 vs 3.0 debate ... Facebook?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Social media needs the 'cesspool' or it loses money, money, jobs and its newfound and powerful political influence. Social Media and the empire of it, will sacrifice much to maintain the flow of cash and influence on the back of the 'cesspool' it attracts, cultivates and exploits.

Social Media is utter trash now. Any of its altruistic aim has been shattered by the greed and ego driving its owners, shareholders and political allies. I have zero Intsta, Shitebook, Twitter Trash or other accounts. Never. Its a poison. Its utility is absurd and useless now. There is nothing of note on a Social Media account you need.

These forums are as close as I get. If you have any brain left - Turn them all the fk off and get your life back. Go outside, take a walk, take a picture and keep it for yourself. Stop thinking of how you will share it with others who absolutely do not matter beyond your best friends or family. Turn the ringer off on your phone. I have not had mine on for years. If I need to talk I will turn it on.

Stop shorting and chopping the language to make a point or inform someone. Type the words out. Construct a complete thought and sentence. Make a paragraph, remember structure and grammar. The world is so much richer than a pic, an insta a tweet or some facejoke post. Texture, color, smell motion are all found in the REAL WORLD. Get out and see it. Stop sharing it. Its not being seen if your obsessed on sharing. Breath it in - turn all that shite off.
This happened to me as well. So Iā€™m off em all now (except this forum) and loving it! Spot on brotherā€¦ I think Facebook has itā€™s place for grandmas and puppy pictures, but definitely not my thang. The rest is just toxic. Iā€˜m guessing the most vocal peeps on there donā€™t know how to interact with others in a real world. So maybe itā€™s the only option for them? Ranting and bitching at others who, heaven forbidā€¦ have a different opinion šŸ«¢ šŸ˜

@Roman enjoy that Supra! You got it for all the right reasons, pure driving enjoyment šŸ„°
Sponsored

SamuGarsie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lexus
Totally get where you're coming from in the whole 2.0 vs 3.0 debate, especially when it comes to Facebook. It's become a mixed bag, right? I agree with you about Facebook being a place for grandmas and puppy pictures. It does have its place, but when it comes to toxic behavior and endless rants, it can get overwhelming. It's like some folks forget how to interact with others in the real world. It's all about tolerance and embracing different opinions. By the way, have you heard about Buy Verified Active Facebook Accounts? They offer a range of Facebook accounts for purchase. So if you're looking for a fresh start or just want to explore new connections, it's worth checking out.

Last edited:

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Lol if you think Facebook groups are bad for the Supra the GR Corolla groups might be even worse haha

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
I would still have my 2.0 if not for the fact that they introduced a manual version. 60 more days, and I hope my car will be here!

Last edited:

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
I've been a happy owner of a 2.0 for 2.5 years now, however if all stars align, I'm about 90% certain I will trade it in for a 3.0 next year.

Things I love about the 2.0.....How light it feels, with very decent torque and almost impossible to unsettle out of corners with UHP tires, which makes it extremely capable and fun on mountain roads. Plus the fact that it's a better daily.

I am at a point however where I'm craving that edginess of the 3.0.
I've also had the transmission overheat a couple of times after a few hours of spirited driving, which doesn't surprise me since it is optimized for the 3.0 and not the 2.0.
If I were to think about the biggest flaw of the 2.0, I'd say it's the unoptimized transmission.
Finally, since mine is a MY21, it has the same oil consumption issues as the '21 3.0.

I don't regret at all buying the 2.0 first though. Toyota has been improving the 3.0 with every iteration, so I'm happy with getting one of the last ones with all the improvements before they move on to the Mk6.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I've been a happy owner of a 2.0 for 2.5 years now, however if all stars align, I'm about 90% certain I will trade it in for a 3.0 next year.

Things I love about the 2.0.....How light it feels, with very decent torque and almost impossible to unsettle out of corners with UHP tires, which makes it extremely capable and fun on mountain roads. Plus the fact that it's a better daily.

I am at a point however where I'm craving that edginess of the 3.0.
I've also had the transmission overheat a couple of times after a few hours of spirited driving, which doesn't surprise me since it is optimized for the 3.0 and not the 2.0.
If I were to think about the biggest flaw of the 2.0, I'd say it's the unoptimized transmission.
Finally, since mine is a MY21, it has the same oil consumption issues as the '21 3.0.

I don't regret at all buying the 2.0 first though. Toyota has been improving the 3.0 with every iteration, so I'm happy with getting one of the last ones with all the improvements before they move on to the Mk6.
Curious to hear your thoughts on why 2.0 is a better daily since you stated it as a quote "fact"?

I don't daily mine, so it's pure interest why I ask that's all - I remember either reading it here, or heard in a YT review that they said for daily commuting for example on a motorway/highway, the 3.0 has either the same or even lower consumption vs 2.0 as the larger engine revs lower when cruising?

I daily a shitty 1.0 here in UK (1.0 is the engine size of lawn mowers in the US I kmow lol) and I can definitely agree that it's ironic how the 3.0 Supra feels nicer than the "economical" 1 litre hatchback.

Also the 3.0 has adaptive suspension where as 2.0 I assume is slightly firmer? Would that not make it slightly more uncomfy on imperfect surface vs the 3.0 in comfort?

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
IMHO the price break of the 2.0 just didn't make sense. This being a mid-life crisis kind of expensive car.. i had to ask does the 2.0 really scratch the itch. It's less expensive but it's still expensive. Dang, I could get a v6 Mustang or something boring for less. So if I'm going YOLO then why not 3.0; if I'm going bean counter then I wouldn't get the Supra at all.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Curious to hear your thoughts on why 2.0 is a better daily since you stated it as a quote "fact"?
I said it purely from a gas cost perspective.
Not sure what fuel grades you use in the UK but based on the vehicle's manual, here in Canada the minimum recommended fuel grade for the 2.0 is 91 octanes, while for the 3.0 is 93, so from that perspective alone it surely will cost me more (personally) if I make the switch.
Now I haven't daylied a 3.0 so I can't comment on the consumption/revs side of things, but I'd be very surprised if I end up having better mpg with the 3.0.

Also the 3.0 has adaptive suspension where as 2.0 I assume is slightly firmer? Would that not make it slightly more uncomfy on imperfect surface vs the 3.0 in comfort?
This might be true. I've also heard about this, but I don't find the ride on the 2.0 too punishing. Plus luckily for me, my daily commute is very short and on well maintained roads so I think for me the cost of gas will have a bigger impact in terms of what is a better/worse daily.

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
I took my 2.0 down to the Dragon last month. Crusing at 85mph on the highway it was pulling 38mpg. I doubt my 3.0 manual will get close to 32, but I don't care. I think the 2.0 with a manual would be a much better car than the 2.0 auto.

Last edited:

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Not sure what fuel grades you use in the UK but based on the vehicle's manual, here in Canada the minimum recommended fuel grade for the 2.0 is 91 octanes, while for the 3.0 is 93, so from that perspective alone it surely will cost me more (personally) if I make the switch.
Now I haven't daylied a 3.0 so I can't comment on the consumption/revs side of things, but I'd be very surprised if I end up having better mpg with the 3.0.

This might be true. I've also heard about this, but I don't find the ride on the 2.0 too punishing. Plus luckily for me, my daily commute is very short and on well maintained roads so I think for me the cost of gas will have a bigger impact in terms of what is a better/worse daily.
Thanks for sharing!
I originally ordered a black 2.0 - then 4 months into the wait, I got tired of waiting, had an early mid life crisis, cancelled it and re-ordered the 3.0 instead lol
I will look forward to hearing your opinion on the 3.0 once you get it, it's not often you hear opinions from people that owned both.
In UK we usually have standard fuel non premium which is 95 ron, an then premium 97-99. Apparently the Supra doesn't need premium, but since I don't daily it, I treat it to Premium only :)
It's a great gt cruiser btw.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Thanks for sharing!
I originally ordered a black 2.0 - then 4 months into the wait, I got tired of waiting, had an early mid life crisis, cancelled it and re-ordered the 3.0 instead lol
I will look forward to hearing your opinion on the 3.0 once you get it, it's not often you hear opinions from people that owned both.
In UK we usually have standard fuel non premium which is 95 ron, an then premium 97-99. Apparently the Supra doesn't need premium, but since I don't daily it, I treat it to Premium only :)
It's a great gt cruiser btw.
Will sure do, but I feel I'm still months away from even ordering one. Though I can bare the wait since the 2.0 is also an amazing car. I do see already however why one would be better for some people than the other.

Enjoy your ride!!

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

Manual states recommended is 91 not 93. 93 isn't even available everywhere in Canada.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Is this really a topic??? Who cares what people think. Live you life. Usually these topics are for people who dont even own any car.
Sponsored