Best catted downpipe ??

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
CG has the biggest cat and highest flow. Fit is perfect and no CEL after 1000 miles. As far as I'm concerned that qualifies as best.
Sponsored

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019’ Yamaha R1m —2020 F450—2021 Supra 3.0 —1999 silverado 4x4–1997 Husqvarna CR250– 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
Just had the Activeauto werks catted dp installed the other day. Its amazing and can recommend them. Got it for $905 is with a email coupon i got. Definitly worth it as the racing 300cel cat makes it sound perfect. The catless had like a buzzing noise that this catted one does not have. Deep throaty sound.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Just had the Activeauto werks catted dp installed the other day. Its amazing and can recommend them. Got it for $905 is with a email coupon i got. Definitly worth it as the racing 300cel cat makes it sound perfect. The catless had like a buzzing noise that this catted one does not have. Deep throaty sound.
What exhaust

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
So i just got my 2020 supra and was looking for the best mod for more power and its a downpipe and tune. My problem is ive watched many videos and dont like how poppy the exhaust is with the downpipes. I like the stock sound of the car but if i need to replace the downpipe for more power with a tune what are my options? Can i just get a tune without a downpipe or is there a special downpipe that works for my situation? Any input would help.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
1. You can get a tune without a downpipe. Will just have less gains. Catless dp will lead to biggest gains obviously (over catted or no dp).

2. Pops and bangs are adjustable with ecutek so you can stay with how pops and bangs are stock, turn it off or make your car sounds like ak-47.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
So i can get a catted downpipe with ecutek tune and they can keep the bangs and pops stock sounding? Dont get me wrong i like the loudness of the downpipe just not the loud pop bangs. I like the stock pop bangs.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yea, you can get tuned with ecutek if you have any dp (stock, catted or catless). Just power levels will be different between the three. Pops and bangs will be adjustable from your phone app as long as your tuner provides/or you separately purchase racerom and it’s loaded. Screen shot from the app below.

(I don’t know the adjustibility of pops and bangs with other tuning solutions so I’m not mentioning them on purpose.)

146DA019-86C9-43EA-AF49-05C0AF6812C5.jpeg

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I guess i will go with active autowerke catted downpipe then. Better to tune it once then twice lol.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Yea, you can get tuned with ecutek if you have any dp (stock, catted or catless). Just power levels will be different between the three. Pops and bangs will be adjustable from your phone app as long as your tuner provides/or you separately purchase racerom and it’s loaded. Screen shot from the app below.

(I don’t know the adjustibility of pops and bangs with other tuning solutions so I’m not mentioning them on purpose.)

146DA019-86C9-43EA-AF49-05C0AF6812C5.jpeg
I am hoping that option for dual mode burbles adjustment comes to my tuner as well.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I am hoping that option for dual mode burbles adjustment comes to my tuner as well.
I could be wrong but my understanding was that it is (racerom) out and available. The tuner just needs to update your file/tune and email it to you. Then it’s on you to load it. Whether they do that for free or at the own initiative is tuner dependent though. Visconti tuning was proactive and updated the file and emailed it to me without me nagging them (they’ve been good to deal with overall).

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I could be wrong but my understanding was that it is (racerom) out and available. The tuner just needs to update your file/tune and email it to you. Then it’s on you to load it. Whether they do that for free or at the own initiative is tuner dependent though. Visconti tuning was proactive and updated the file and emailed it to me without me nagging them (they’ve been good to deal with overall).
I have the first revision then I take it since I only have the single burble adjustment option from John.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have the first revision then I take it since I only have the single burble adjustment option from John.
Oh I see. Maybe? I never had a single adjustment so you’re probably right.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
just still the AA catted downpipe and I have to agree with everything said so far. Much better growl from the stock exhaust and more "pop" happy in sport mode. Currently using Titan Protune set to 4 and it's a good bump from stock. I'm sure there is a lot more to gain from a custom tune, but most of this was simple plug and play and good enough for me needs (for now).

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
just still the AA catted downpipe and I have to agree with everything said so far. Much better growl from the stock exhaust and more "pop" happy in sport mode. Currently using Titan Protune set to 4 and it's a good bump from stock. I'm sure there is a lot more to gain from a custom tune, but most of this was simple plug and play and good enough for me needs (for now).
Do u get a cel on map 4 with the downpipe??

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
nothing yet, I was following the other post and will keep you guys updated if anything changes. Have only had it on with map 4 for about 20 miles.
Sponsored