Best catted downpipe ??

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
my CEL came back on this morning since about 2+ weeks of nothing, no tune with the AA catted downpipe... kinda pissing me off
Sponsored

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
my CEL came back on this morning since about 2+ weeks of nothing, no tune with the AA catted downpipe... kinda pissing me off
Active autowerke catted downpipe? Wonder if something came loose or wasnt installed properly?

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
what code is being shown?

In the other thread, there was another install where the DP wasn't fully seated into the Exhaust pipe and there was a leak at the connection. Not sure if that was the cause but it's worth checking out since I noticed that during my install, the 2 pieces had to be held together to ensure there was no gap while the clamp was being tightened.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
what code is being shown?

In the other thread, there was another install where the DP wasn't fully seated into the Exhaust pipe and there was a leak at the connection. Not sure if that was the cause but it's worth checking out since I noticed that during my install, the 2 pieces had to be held together to ensure there was no gap while the clamp was being tightened.
Haven't checked but my OBDLink shows up tomorrow, my shop said the install was good but maybe I need to recheck.

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Ended up with the akrapovic, got a decent enough price when I ordered it together with an exhaust. Can't quite figure out which HJS cat it is, besides being one of the HD models, which is clear from the winding.

Nice piece though, just waiting on the exhaust now.

9F31E2A5-050D-4975-A9EF-7E1FBB15F8E1.jpeg

8AC00DE1-B8C0-43AB-95CB-388FC6E2916C.jpeg

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
Mine is back at the shop - Powerneedy Catted DP - Keep getting P0420 permanent and pending P0141. Powerneedy said for the P0420 it could be a flaw in the fitting during manufacturing. They sent me pics of what to look for - I am hoping thats not the issue because I dont want to have to mail it back to be corrected.

Shop is checking the install and going to smoke test it. They said the P0141 could be a bad sensor or wiring.

That being said - I love the quality of the Powerneedy and the sound is so awesome!

Kinda all annoying but it is true you have to pay to play.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Anyone in the PNW know if a catted DP would pass DEQ emissions?
If they don't do visual or a sniffer test, then as long as it doesn't throw a CEL, you should be fine. Northern Virginia has emissions based on OBDII. Anything older than 25 years they don't bother.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Ended up with the akrapovic, got a decent enough price when I ordered it together with an exhaust. Can't quite figure out which HJS cat it is, besides being one of the HD models, which is clear from the winding.

Nice piece though, just waiting on the exhaust now.
Thats a really nice downpipe :yes:

Pinrut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Clarity Hybrid, 2020 Supra Premium Nocturnal
Is it necessary to do a tune if I want to run a catted DP only?

I know that on other cars I've owned there was concern about running lean due to exhaust upgrades on stock ecu's

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
Is it necessary to do a tune if I want to run a catted DP only?

I know that on other cars I've owned there was concern about running lean due to exhaust upgrades on stock ecu's
For optimal performance gain, yes it's necessary. For sound only, not really.
Sponsored