Best exhaust, figment, performance, price

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 NB Miata - 2024 Red 3.0 Premium MT - Ninja400
Has anyone had experience with the Gold Valvetronic exhaust?. That exhaust looks so good and is what I plan on getting. Just haven't seen much regarding how it sounds.
Sponsored

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
AWE touring isnā€™t the best price, performance or fit but god damn it sounds good. I wouldnā€™t buy anything else for this motor.
i mean this isn't really true...

-expensive? yes.

-performance? it's the only aftermarket exhaust with a 5 inch oval and comes with 3.5 opening to give you room if you'd like to run a bigger downpipe and all of the dual sections are 3.5 inch?? i don't see how it's not one of the best performance exhaust on the market. i modified an off the shelf a90shop downpipe to meet the 3.5 inch section of the awe and now the smallest part of my exhaust is 3.5 inches... going up to 5. seems pretty good to me.

-fit? it's not very easy to get everything on and adjusted perfectly because there is so much adjustment but after 3 hours of toying with it i had it sitting perfectly and bolted everything down and i've never had to adjust it since. seems like it fits good to me.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Dual 3" is roughly equal to 4.2" single. It's more than enough. For example, if you had a single 4" pipe and then connected a Y to that with a split to two individual 3" pipes, the flow would match all the way through.
my car Is stock tune until the reflex update is available for MHD or BM3 on MT cars.

Iā€™m installing a 5 inch mad catless DP on Sunday, if I cut the exit to the 4 inch section and the mid pipe so it joins at 4inch diameter. Is that a problem with stock tune?

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
i mean this isn't really true...

-expensive? yes.

-performance? it's the only aftermarket exhaust with a 5 inch oval and comes with 3.5 opening to give you room if you'd like to run a bigger downpipe and all of the dual sections are 3.5 inch?? i don't see how it's not one of the best performance exhaust on the market. i modified an off the shelf a90shop downpipe to meet the 3.5 inch section of the awe and now the smallest part of my exhaust is 3.5 inches... going up to 5. seems pretty good to me.

-fit? it's not very easy to get everything on and adjusted perfectly because there is so much adjustment but after 3 hours of toying with it i had it sitting perfectly and bolted everything down and i've never had to adjust it since. seems like it fits good to me.
This was a tough call for me since the AWE is awesome. I choose the new injen and did the same 3.5"DP and exhaust inlet mod. I love the sound and with the cost ($1200 shipped) / weight savings, blue tips and stock valve I'm happy.

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
my car Is stock tune until the reflex update is available for MHD or BM3 on MT cars.

Iā€™m installing a 5 inch mad catless DP on Sunday, if I cut the exit to the 4 inch section and the mid pipe so it joins at 4inch diameter. Is that a problem with stock tune?
the only thing ive noticed from running a big downpipe and exhaust on the stock tune is if you floor it from a dead stop with no brake boost it seems like it hesitates for the slightest second because there is basically zero back pressure maybe the computer doesnt know what to due.

- i've gotten drivetrain malfunction in 6-7th gear after installing the catless downpipe i assume is probably over boost but its not a permanent code so i've never checked it

- if your driving in automatic at low speeds you can hear the exhaust start to pulse because of the lack of velocity inside the huge diameter

-here's a picture of the custom connection i have 4.5 inch catless down to 3.5 inch opening running AWE touring.

-ive noticed downshifts arent as smooth after the downpipe and sometimes the car will hang in 7th gear but all of these are pretty minor things and the car is definitely faster so its all a trade off really without a tune.

1693575859383.png

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This was a tough call for me since the AWE is awesome. I choose the new injen and did the same 3.5"DP and exhaust inlet mod. I love the sound and with the cost ($1200 shipped) / weight savings, blue tips and stock valve I'm happy.
for me i wanted the awe before i even got the car i watched their fly by video like 20 times on youtube waiting till i had my supra i also didn't really like the valve so it made the choice a lot easier!

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
the only thing ive noticed from running a big downpipe and exhaust on the stock tune is if you floor it from a dead stop with no brake boost it seems like it hesitates for the slightest second because there is basically zero back pressure maybe the computer doesnt know what to due.

- i've gotten drivetrain malfunction in 6-7th gear after installing the catless downpipe i assume is probably over boost but its not a permanent code so i've never checked it

- if your driving in automatic at low speeds you can hear the exhaust start to pulse because of the lack of velocity inside the huge diameter

-here's a picture of the custom connection i have 4.5 inch catless down to 3.5 inch opening running AWE touring.

-ive noticed downshifts arent as smooth after the downpipe and sometimes the car will hang in 7th gear but all of these are pretty minor things and the car is definitely faster so its all a trade off really without a tune.

1693575859383.png
Good stuff man.

Yabai

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 premium - Phantom
Has anyone had experience with the Gold Valvetronic exhaust?. That exhaust looks so good and is what I plan on getting. Just haven't seen much regarding how it sounds.
I do. Itā€™s amazing lol. Iā€™ll do a sound clip later.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra

1693575859383.png
Thanks for the detail. Was there a noticeable change in tone?

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the detail. Was there a noticeable change in tone?
i would say it's definitely different between 2000-3500rpm with partial to half throttle, or rolling into like 5th gear to pass someone. It threw me off at first but under heavy throttle or full throttle the sound is incredible i get soo many compliments on my exhaust its nuts even other b58 owners note how good it sounds.

i did notice that the burbles seems to be less snappy now. before the full exhaust they seemed to have a crack to them almost gunshot like and now it's more of a deep boom which makes sense based on the huge increase in diameter.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
i would say it's definitely different between 2000-3500rpm with partial to half throttle, or rolling into like 5th gear to pass someone. It threw me off at first but under heavy throttle or full throttle the sound is incredible i get soo many compliments on my exhaust its nuts even other b58 owners note how good it sounds.

i did notice that the burbles seems to be less snappy now. before the full exhaust they seemed to have a crack to them almost gunshot like and now it's more of a deep boom which makes sense based on the huge increase in diameter.
Interesting, definitely a reduction in backpressure, i'm wondering if the exhaust velocity with this setup is low enough to reduce performance on the stock tune.

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
I wanted something that didnā€™t look stock. Btw this wasnā€™t fully installed so the exhaust is sagging lower than final fitment.
AB3BEF97-51E1-4FC1-9B6A-62DAC451D399.jpeg

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hard to beat the injen exhaust for what you get.
3.5" exhaust, paid $1200, keeps valve, nice tips, lightweight, keeps cross brace and sounds great to me. I'm very happy. Go see extreme power house if you are in the market.

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Iā€™m running AA catted DP, AWE resonated touring. For me itā€™s perfect tone and volume. Sound nice at idle.