Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
in my opinion, AWE looks better, MST sounds better. I don't know which one I would pick to be honest.

No info on the inlet being compatible with other brands, it has not been tested yet.
Do you know the difference in the MST vs the MST V2
Sponsored

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Im not sure that's what you are asking about but they offer an intake with an inlet and one without. That's the only 2 intakes offered by MST

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
The v2 comes with an inlet pipe that reaches the turbo. Originally the v1 utilized a part of the oem plastic pipe, which dulls the sound a bit because of the sound insulators. That’s why armaspeed was number one for a while cause they had the full long pipe that reached the turbo, causing louder noise. Now, with v2, it’s wayyy louder for MST

3rdGearEvo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 2003 Evo VIII
Just installed AEM intake the other day. Installs easily and uses stock mounting locations. Replaces accordion style rubber hose also. Not too much difference in sound, very slight if any. Low profile so all strut braces clear the top

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Just installed AEM intake the other day. Installs easily and uses stock mounting locations. Replaces accordion style rubber hose also. Not too much difference in sound, very slight if any. Low profile so all strut braces clear the top
congrats! Post pictures please

Tkoch86

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 FRS [Halo] now a Launch Edition GR Supra #1062
Vehicle Showcase

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Got the Mishimoto on mine. Love the crisper throttle response of it, and some nice turbo noises... not too intrusive if you'd prefer it that way

Attachments

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

Rad_AMG

First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium (SOLD), 20 4Runner TRD Pro
Howzit @Amfchang . I'm currently in Seattle, but planning on moving back to Honolulu next year. Gonna ship my 21 3.0 Premium over. How are you liking the MST intake and how is it performing in Hawaii weather?

Any issues with excessive heatsoak from the intake sucking in too much hot air from the engine bay? I saw one guy on Youtube ended up removing his MST V2 intake due to excess heatsoak. Just got my MST V2 intake and was planning on installing it soon. Please lmk thanks ?

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I
Howzit @Amfchang . I'm currently in Seattle, but planning on moving back to Honolulu next year. Gonna ship my 21 3.0 Premium over. How are you liking the MST intake and how is it performing in Hawaii weather?

Any issues with excessive heatsoak from the intake sucking in too much hot air from the engine bay? I saw one guy on Youtube ended up removing his MST V2 intake due to excess heatsoak. Just got my MST V2 intake and was planning on installing it soon. Please lmk thanks ?
No heat soak issues here. I’m in TX, high heat. I applied Zycor to the MSTv2 and have almost eliminated heat soak.

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

I think it’s honestly fine unless you are tracking the vehicle. I actually got gold det wrap to wrap around the pipe and maybe get a versus heat shield. I feel it’s okay. Text me when you get here or if you ever have anymore questions! 8087732572