Best overall air intake upgrade?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I think it’s honestly fine unless you are tracking the vehicle. I actually got gold det wrap to wrap around the pipe and maybe get a versus heat shield. I feel it’s okay. Text me when you get here or if you ever have anymore questions! 8087732572
Got some pictures? I've got an MST V2 awaiting delivery and do track my car, so I'd like to see how you've got yours wrapped.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
For those of you out there with an Injen EVO2300, I spoke directly with Injen yesterday about modifying the product for increased sound. If anyone wants to be a test subject and report back to us other Evo owners, that would be great. Below is a summary of their recommendations:

R&D suggested the following:

- You can run the intake without the accompanying airbox but there will be nothing holding the tube in place. The tube will only be held by the clamps at the throttle body. A bracket or some other type of modification is needed to hold the tube and filter in place.

- The other option is to remove the Injen window from the top of the airbox to increase sound. The window is secured by two screws inside the airbox housing. So you would need to remove the airbox to get in there.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
I was thinking of upgrading to the MST intake + Turbo Inlet Pipe. I have a question for someone out there smarter than me. I'm a fighter, not a wrencher.

Below is a picture of the Injen Evo and the MST, respectively. Does the Injen also have a turbo inlet pipe attached? The MST doesn't look like it's longer than the Injen.

1630513175299.png

1630513156509.png

Supratuntaco

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20Supra18Tundra>21Tacoma16 Tesla s, 73 coro
For those of you out there with an Injen EVO2300, I spoke directly with Injen yesterday about modifying the product for increased sound. If anyone wants to be a test subject and report back to us other Evo owners, that would be great. Below is a summary of their recommendations:

R&D suggested the following:

- You can run the intake without the accompanying airbox but there will be nothing holding the tube in place. The tube will only be held by the clamps at the throttle body. A bracket or some other type of modification is needed to hold the tube and filter in place.

- The other option is to remove the Injen window from the top of the airbox to increase sound. The window is secured by two screws inside the airbox housing. So you would need to remove the airbox to get in there.
You're saying that the air box muffles the sound ? I'm curious why someone would buy a Cai that has an air box. I'm in the market right now and looking for improved sound.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
You're saying that the air box muffles the sound ? I'm curious why someone would buy a Cai that has an air box. I'm in the market right now and looking for improved sound.
The box is a heat shield to prevent heat soak. It doesn’t muffle the noise as much as you’d think.
MST v2 and eventuri are top of the line for performance and sound

Supratuntaco

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20Supra18Tundra>21Tacoma16 Tesla s, 73 coro
The box is a heat shield to prevent heat soak. It doesn’t muffle the noise as much as you’d think.
MST v2 and eventuri are top of the line for performance and sound
Okay, Ive been looking into the MST with the Turbo inlet. It is fairly plain looking compared to some. I guess depends what you're looking for. Thanks

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Okay, Ive been looking into the MST with the Turbo inlet. It is fairly plain looking compared to some. I guess depends what you're looking for. Thanks
You can buy (forgot what form) of plastic from home depot for $8. Trace out the cover and have a clear cover

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
The MST is fantastic. Unless you spend time admiring your engine bay, which let's be honest, no one should be doing unless you're into car shows, then the looks are almost pointless. The MST intake adds an immense amount of air intake noise and allows you to hear the "whooshing" of the blow off noise. It's a complete game changer. Because of this intake, I drive this car with the radio off and windows down 90% of the time. The noises are intoxicating.

Skidsareforkids

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 MkV.
With intakes like the AMS, Eventuri, Injen etc it looks to me like the kit needs almost a complete dissasembly to clean/change out the filter... Am i missing something?

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
With intakes like the AMS, Eventuri, Injen etc it looks to me like the kit needs almost a complete dissasembly to clean/change out the filter... Am i missing something?
Basically needed for every intake. Even stock. Just best proper engine maintenance but not needed really. Once a year should be fine.

Skidsareforkids

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 MkV.
Basically needed for every intake. Even stock. Just best proper engine maintenance but not needed really. Once a year should be fine.
Cool, thanks man! I thought, surely i was missing something. I've only had the car six days, and the shopping list is already growing fast.