Best overall air intake upgrade?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
It seems like a lot of this thread can be summed down to MST and Armaspeed being the top 2. Armaspeed has some better looks with the CF box, but costs more.

Eventuri is also on the list, but is much higher priced than the other 2.

LoveSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 - 2019
1644467447874.png

MST V2 with clear lid and gold wrap around the intake pipe.
Is the gold wrap functional? Looks amazing with the clear cover. Considering buying a clear cover for my MST V2. intake as well. By far the best intake on the market in my opinion, I chose it over the Armaspeed and couldn't be happier.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
On my eventuri, I connected 3 socket extensions to reach it ?

Then when I was pulling it out, the sockets came apart and I had to fish them out with my magnet lol
It's the worst! Took me four tries and I dropped pieces and parts as well. Blech

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah, it's heat insulated.
Have you ever done any testing on just how functional? I did some testing on this 20 years ago on a GTI VR6 I was racing with the SCCA but I'll be damned if I remember the results. I can remember "it helped," but not if it was worth the expense or trouble. I also imagine we have much easier and more accurate ways of testing these days.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Have you ever done any testing on just how functional? I did some testing on this 20 years ago on a GTI VR6 I was racing with the SCCA but I'll be damned if I remember the results. I can remember "it helped," but not if it was worth the expense or trouble. I also imagine we have much easier and more accurate ways of testing these days.
Ha- No idea. It's not much, but it's better. My guess is < 10 degrees. Who knows.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Ha- No idea. It's not much, but it's better. My guess is < 10 degrees. Who knows.
I just realized it was actually *26* years ago. There's no way I'm that old. At any rate, even at < 10 degrees it's still probably worth it on a track (of any kind) car.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Is the gold wrap functional? Looks amazing with the clear cover. Considering buying a clear cover for my MST V2. intake as well. By far the best intake on the market in my opinion, I chose it over the Armaspeed and couldn't be happier.
Best based on what? From a design standpoint the MST is incredibly mediocre, the fitment around the car panels is mediocre and an open bottom exposed to stuff coming up from the front wheel well isn’t great either.
Sponsored