Best way to keep pests out of your car?

B58respect

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supercharged
Coming from an offroad forum. Those guys swear by putting bars of irish spring soap on each tire and in any spot the rodent has already made its way. i.e. for you near the ignition coils. Something about the chemicals in the soap bothers the noses of em.
Sponsored

Spoiler

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Coming from an offroad forum. Those guys swear by putting bars of irish spring soap on each tire and in any spot the rodent has already made its way. i.e. for you near the ignition coils. Something about the chemicals in the soap bothers the noses of em.
I used to know a chick that hid a few bars of soap on herself….

uh.. well… let me just say, It helped a lot… ?)

OP
OP

Doon

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Interesting

OP
OP

Doon

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
No signs of the mice this morning. My car may have a new parking spot.

Does anyone have the part number for the wires that plug into the ignition coils? Thanks!

Reactions: zrk

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
No signs of the mice this morning. My car may have a new parking spot.

Does anyone have the part number for the wires that plug into the ignition coils? Thanks!
You gotta call toyota and give them the Vin. So many parts for the car are still hard to find:/

lumbomen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JB4
Mothballs under the car could do the trick, but they might not be everyone's cup of tea – the smell can be pretty strong! If you're open to other ideas, I've got one that might help. Have you ever thought about trying cockroach pest control methods? I know it might sound a bit unconventional, but trust me, it can work wonders, even for cars. Personally, I've had success using them in various situations, so it might be worth a shot for you, too. The thing about pests is they're pretty persistent, but with the right approach, you can definitely keep them at bay. Cockroach pest control products are designed to target those little critters wherever they may be hiding, so they could be just what you need to reclaim your car.

Last edited:

ArryMasca

First Name
Arry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW x5
I've heard that using mothballs under the car can help deter pests, but be careful with the smell. Some people find it really strong and unpleasant.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Home Depot has a "Rodent repellent" spray. I use it where my AC wires enter the side of the house - a previous pathway for mice to build a nest.
The smell of the spray is pleasant.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I don't have issue with my parked cars, but I have squirrels digging holes in the dirt right up against the foundation of my house so I toss dried spent coffee grounds where they usually appear. They seem to hate the smell of coffee and never come back.. well, until the smell of coffee disappear after a couple of rain storms.. but I am a heavy coffee drinker so have ample supply of spent coffee grounds. I do this for rabbits too. For ducks, I chase them with a fog horn telling them to go back to where they came from. :flame: jk
Sponsored