bFLASH ANNOUNCES MG1 UNLOCK SOLUTION! | Tuning your 2021+ Supra is FINALLY almost here!

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Release notes:

1658637964208.png
Sponsored

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S
Has it finally happened? Who can confirm?
If they can unlock, what does this mean for us that want to use ECUTek? Have to pay for two tuning platform/licenses?

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
Any update on the unlock from mega 3? Hopefully soon fingers crossed.
still working that digital signature part for sending an encrypted file back onto the dme.

tbh, my loyalty lies with my car and the community, so if bflash wins then bflash wins.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
still working that digital signature part for sending an encrypted file back onto the dme.

tbh, my loyalty lies with my car and the community, so if bflash wins then bflash wins.
Yeah whoever wins doesn't matter to me just as long as someone gets to the finish line soon! I prefer mega 3 since it's stateside and I have some friends down in Raleigh I could visit if I take a roadtrip to NC :)

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah whoever wins doesn't matter to me just as long as someone gets to the finish line soon! I prefer mega 3 since it's stateside and I have some friends down in Raleigh I could visit if I take a roadtrip to NC :)
😂❤

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Tested today with a bFlash master via OBD and it's a nope.

Will try the bench mode either tonight or tomorrow
I've also seen a big nope.

I wondered why they would make such an unlock public, when they do require all 2020+ mercedes MG1s to come to their facility in Belgium.
I do think they have it in the cards, but won't make that play until they are ready. I also thought it would be silly to release such a thing right before their "break" over summer. They even paused the Mercedes 2020+ services.

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've also seen a big nope.

I wondered why they would make such an unlock public, when they do require all 2020+ mercedes MG1s to come to their facility in Belgium.
I do think they have it in the cards, but won't make that play until they are ready. I also thought it would be silly to release such a thing right before their "break" over summer. They even paused the Mercedes 2020+ services.
Yeah not sure. But I had to go try it.
Where'd you see the nope?

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S
Bummer, beginning to feel like never…
I have zero coding skills so cannot appreciate the difficulty but its truly surprising to me how this hasn’t been accomplished yet. Two years in, is the market too small?

I even offered room and board and a garage bay to femto folks to come over so they have a state-side base to offer fast turn around and visa difficulties prevents that. I offered NDA and non-compete agreements, far to much fear of losing market share when we can already see the lost momentum with tuners spending so much time on the G80 already.

What will it take for a state-side OBD flash option, is it encryption experts? What level of complexity is this? Something that can be crowd sourced?

This bodes ill for the future where cars will come with more autonomous capability and therefore more liability. I wonder if the Motec’s of the world could ever get into the piggyback game and offer a more robust hybrid between unlocked ECU and JB4. Like a Motec Lite.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
We're potentially on a level here with the signing keys for copy protection on Blu-ray or HD-DVD getting leaked. Breaking a modern encryption/signing scheme with no insider info might as well be impossible.

The fact Femto need the ECU physically (no remote option at all) implies they're either using leaked software that they don't want to reveal, or physically doing something to the ECU (maybe a voltage hack as it boots to make it skip some signature validation?). The former seems more likely to me...

Without cloning you can't utilise all the features of racerom/MHD map switching/bm3 equivalent, as far as I can tell from talking to them. Unless those companies are willing to send their code (probably bootloader code? Unsure) to femto. Which they're not willing to do for obvious reasons.

That's why I reckon they have Bosch/BMW tools that let them memory dump it, and rewrite stuff. They can't let that tool(s) go, it'd be open season and they'd lose their market, plus they'd probably get sued the crap out of and other companies would probably also. For now they have deniability because what they're doing is a mystery - I'm just speculating.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath, I think it's gonna be a few years before we see the ability to do this without Femto. BFlash teased us with "soon" but then it's been radio silence. Luckily the fact the car is a Supra probably makes no difference - once the ECU for new BMWs is workable, ours should be too.
Sponsored