bFLASH ANNOUNCES MG1 UNLOCK SOLUTION! | Tuning your 2021+ Supra is FINALLY almost here!

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
You don't even consider that they spent countless nights and resources trying to find a workaround (read hack) and had success?
And they only do it on-site, so there is no risk of someone stealing the technology?
Oh I consider it, no shade at all! It's just easier to do these other things than find a software exploit that may not even exist, so the likelihood lies in that direction.

Frankly I hope it's _not_ leaked software/keys and there is a hardware/software exploit so that eventually more people hopefully figure it out. But I'm not very hopeful of that happening regardless of the method, given how long it's been.

As for the only doing it on site part, yeah I guess it would make sense so that nobody could capture traffic just at the ECU interface to see how the exploit worked.
Sponsored

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Oh I consider it, no shade at all! It's just easier to do these other things than find a software exploit that may not even exist, so the likelihood lies in that direction.

Frankly I hope it's _not_ leaked software/keys and there is a hardware/software exploit so that eventually more people hopefully figure it out. But I'm not very hopeful of that happening regardless of the method, given how long it's been.

As for the only doing it on site part, yeah I guess it would make sense so that nobody could capture traffic just at the ECU interface to see how the exploit worked.
Even bFlash is requiring their MG1 unlocks to be sent in to their facility in Belgium. Itā€™s quite telling as they say explicitly they will not refund you if they find youā€™ve opened your ECUs, or installed some sort of analyzer to capture their IP.

Reactions: JP_
OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
14796D6D-6D92-4BD4-9EC2-85B2308E5FEE.jpeg

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
You don't even consider that they spent countless nights and resources trying to find a workaround (read hack) and had success?
And they only do it on-site, so there is no risk of someone stealing the technology?
Yeah, they spent countless hours working through the night on it. Sure did. Russian organized crime had nothing to do with it. They aren't known pilfering the technology from private industry at all. šŸ˜

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/02/toyota-shuts-down-all-japanese-production-after-being-hacked/

• Wow

EziGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
If you aren't in need of any of the canbus features, the Femto unlock is the ticket. Through Visconti its $1895 plus shipping (or you can organize it yourself if you want to save a couple bucks). Then you can add OTS or a Custom MHD/BM3 tune, your choice. So if you don't need port injection, map switching etc. its a no brainer.

And even if you do plan on adding the clone at a later date, you can for the cost difference at that time, then have normal 2020 type access. Its not $1895, then $3695 to clone later unless somethings changed. But the struggle seems to be finding a cloneable ECU now.

Levanime

First Name
Levan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bimecu.com
Car(s)
BMW
I understand that there are people who enjoy belittling others' work, but

FEMTO guys have unique set of skills, expertise, and talents,
these guys are different dimension level experts in information security

They were known in the industry for having extraordinary achievements Way before DME Unlock was a thing.

The fact is, no one in the world is able to do what they are doing for long time now,

I just wanted to leave this information in this thread.

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I understand that there are people who enjoy belittling others' work, but

FEMTO guys have unique set of skills, expertise, and talents,
these guys are different dimension level experts in information security

They were known in the industry for having extraordinary achievements Way before DME Unlock was a thing.

The fact is, no one in the world is able to do what they are doing for long time now,

I just wanted to leave this information in this thread.
I tend to believe this theory. They got labeled early on in this community in a poor light.

I see lots of people implying they are using stolen software or encryption keys, and I think thatā€™s a bit insulting to the team there as they are doing good work.

Obviously itā€™s sensitive IP, and they have every right to charge big money for it (and they still donā€™t IMO). I do wish the Femto team was a little less face-less. I want to see them do English speaking video content answering questions and educating people about their services and the quirks of these DMEs.

I can say for a fact these guys know their way around a DME, as the conversations Iā€™ve had revealed they are very knowledgeable (and careful talking about it). I just wish they were getting on video showing face and talking about their achievements as much as they post instagram stories and such.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I tend to believe this theory. They got labeled early on in this community in a poor light.

I see lots of people implying they are using stolen software or encryption keys, and I think thatā€™s a bit insulting to the team there as they are doing good work.

Obviously itā€™s sensitive IP, and they have every right to charge big money for it (and they still donā€™t IMO). I do wish the Femto team was a little less face-less. I want to see them do English speaking video content answering questions and educating people about their services and the quirks of these DMEs.

I can say for a fact these guys know their way around a DME, as the conversations Iā€™ve had revealed they are very knowledgeable (and careful talking about it). I just wish they were getting on video showing face and talking about their achievements as much as they post instagram stories and such.
That was me. I never said they didn't know what they were doing or aren't nice guys, but rather that they're using stolen software and/or crypto keys and have links to organized crime and/or Russian state entities (though that in itself is a blurry line).

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
That was me. I never said they didn't know what they were doing or aren't nice guys, but rather that they're using stolen software and/or crypto keys and have links to organized crime and/or Russian state entities (though that in itself is a blurry line).
While I agree itā€™s possible they have spooky state ties, itā€™s also possible they are just talented security researchers. Iā€™m sure even encrypted systems like the Bosch DMEs have some sort of weakness they are exploiting.

Itā€™s and extremely gray area and no one but their team knows the truth. Not all secrets are stolenā€¦ who knows maybe they hired the guy who used to be a Bosch engineer.

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
You can also just ask them in their Telegram:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
You can also just ask them in their Telegram:

Sure, one could ask, but it's not typically the kind of thing a company admits openly when they're doing business in countries Russia has an adversarial relationship with. Everyone has to make the decision for themselves. I personally wouldn't do business with them, but my risk tolerance for this type of thing is typically lower than most.

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Sure, one could ask, but it's not typically the kind of thing a company admits openly when they're doing business in countries Russia has an adversarial relationship with. Everyone has to make the decision for themselves. I personally wouldn't do business with them, but my risk tolerance for this type of thing is typically lower than most.
Maybe donā€™t word it so accusatory. I genuinely would love to know what they are doing also, but if they really do have the expertise they can likely give you a vague idea of what exactly their service entails without giving away any secrets.

These things you say about them being shady donā€™t hold any air. Itā€™s just wild speculation. I donā€™t have any skin in this game, but seems just because they canā€™t readily prove their innocence doesnā€™t mean they are stealing from others.

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
They are far far off from anything BMW.

If and when they have something for BMW it'll likely route all through ECUTEK.

I'm almost certain something else will happen well before then.
051AB114-9C78-4D6F-BFD4-CB74B7A2EC39.png

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S
At least they are marketing towards a solution. My spidey sense tells me they are a established enough company to scale their solution once they have it, unlike Femto. Femto should have had a team here in the US months ago vacuuming money.
Sponsored