RBT Tuning announces a TCU tune for the Supra! | Full OBD Support for 8HP3G incoming! (8HP51/8HP76)

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

What do you guys think of this? Wondering how much impact this will have, it's a really cheap tune that could have a big impact on the street and the track.

Didn't see anyone post hear about it yet, but I have been hearing rumors of this ever since TX2K this year. Looking forward to testing this out this week!

1649796366945.png
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
But what will the tune do though? That's my question.
The factory TCM has maps just like the factory ECU does. This is a big deal.

You know how shifts feel different in sport vs normal? This lets us have complete control, I'm sure there will be experiments with two-step/launch control as well.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
The factory TCM has maps just like the factory ECU does. This is a big deal.

You know how shifts feel different in sport vs normal? This lets us have complete control, I'm sure there will be experiments with two-step/launch control as well.
The Gen1 B58 guys swear by it. Trans can be turned up a little more and hold a bit more torque before it dies. Awesome news for sure.

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Also looking forward to two-step and full integration with ECUTek so we can control maps on the fly.

I just two step at the light, yo.

OP
OP
32bitsofGil

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

iisaintii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
XHP on my N54 was an amazing improvement in the trans, as well as investment. Assuming there's no issues with the ecu being locked, this is awesome to see

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
This is a big deal. Not just for big hp applications but for improving even lightly tuned cars’ driveability and performance. Just changing shift points makes a big difference in those two categories.

I’m hoping additional clamping pressure improves reliability and/or the limit where a trans upgrade is needed.
Sponsored