Bm3 ots tune causing drivetrain malfunction

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
So I flashed the bm3 ots stage 2 91 tune (I have catless downpipe) and everything went well did a few pulls and I was good! Tonight I went to do a pull on the freeway and got the drivetrain malf message. I turned the car off and in and it went away. I tried doing a small pull after and go it again . This happened 3-4 times. I will log tomorrow and scan the car before I turn it off and on. I read another persons post with a similar issue but his was a custom tune . Any inputs on this ? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Nc1dent

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Damn, I was getting ready to order bm3 for mine. Maybe MHD+ Android tablet is worth?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Damn, I was getting ready to order bm3 for mine. Maybe MHD+ Android tablet is worth?
Don't just give up. Thousands of people use BM3. I have BM3 Stage 1 OTS on 93. No issues for months. Updated OTS to December release as well.
I don't have experience with MHD, but Twisted Tuning widely supports it. Can't be bad either.

So I flashed the bm3 ots stage 2 91 tune (I have catless downpipe)
What brand Downpipe?

OP
OP
Abdulisraddd

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Don't just give up. Thousands of people use BM3. I have BM3 Stage 1 OTS on 93. No issues for months. Updated OTS to December release as well.
I don't have experience with MHD, but Twisted Tuning widely supports it. Can't be bad either.

What brand Downpipe?
Yeah itā€™s probably something simple , I still would go with bm3. Tons of people use it . Iā€™m running a titan catless dp. The support team is working on it for me .

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
So I flashed the bm3 ots stage 2 91 tune (I have catless downpipe) and everything went well did a few pulls and I was good! Tonight I went to do a pull on the freeway and got the drivetrain malf message. I turned the car off and in and it went away. I tried doing a small pull after and go it again . This happened 3-4 times. I will log tomorrow and scan the car before I turn it off and on. I read another persons post with a similar issue but his was a custom tune . Any inputs on this ? Thanks in advance

if you didnt clear codes yet. Read codes and see what codes are there and post the code numbers. there is always a code number for a limp mode.

OP
OP
Abdulisraddd

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
if you didnt clear codes yet. Read codes and see what codes are there and post the code numbers. there is always a code number for a limp mode.
okay thanks brother , will post codes after work

OP
OP
Abdulisraddd

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
OP
OP
Abdulisraddd

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Okay so I was with some buddies and they asked to see the motor so I popped the hood for them and found this ... I think I found the culprit ...:doh:

92A00479-AB28-4F75-8638-68FE75D1EF60.jpeg

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Okay so I was with some buddies and they asked to see the motor so I popped the hood for them and found this ... I think I found the culprit ...:doh:

92A00479-AB28-4F75-8638-68FE75D1EF60.jpeg
that wouldn't really cause much of an issue. looks like the typical 11A605 people have been getting

OP
OP
Abdulisraddd

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
OP
OP
Abdulisraddd

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I feel like bypassing the air flow sensor Would totally cause issues

OP
OP
Abdulisraddd

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
UPDATE: switched to e30 ots tune for some rolls in mexico . The car absolutely RIPs with e30. Everything went well for 5+ pulls and then on the last pull drivetrain malf. The car runs completely fine ....back to the drawing boards .

iceman21_23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra
UPDATE: switched to e30 ots tune for some rolls in mexico . The car absolutely RIPs with e30. Everything went well for 5+ pulls and then on the last pull drivetrain malf. The car runs completely fine ....back to the drawing boards .
did you pull the code? I've gotten 11a605 whichj is a fueling issue on e30 on hard pulls where the car downshifts to first

OP
OP
Abdulisraddd

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
did you pull the code? I've gotten 11a605 whichj is a fueling issue on e30 on hard pulls where the car downshifts to first

I got that code on my ots stage 2 91 but when I got drive train malf on the e30 tune that code wasnā€™t there . I messaged bm3 support and they said
ā€œGo to My maps and flash the stock tune ( no need to lock DME)

Delete the map you had on

Go to OTS screen and get the same fresh map.

When flashing, press download now flash later.

Then flash the map.ā€
So far so good but we will see

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
I was just about to jump into these mods, glad I saw this thread. I think Iā€™ll wait it out! Good luck with finding the issue!
Sponsored