Best B58 Tune?

• Total voters

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats awesome man! The reliability I want is like Hondata k-PRO on my RSX since 2009 with no issues. lol Maybe I am asking too much from a BMW??
i have had the BM3 license since November but didn't do the tune first, one because i just broke through 1200 miles had the car since Oct 30th, but second because i didn't want to be someone's guinea pig. Every youtube video shows these awesome benefits from tuning but rarely see the aftermath if any issues. Figured with enough time that issues would be found and corrected and be slightly safer for the platform.
Sponsored

Nukleuz_Za

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I

Should have saved your intake money @a90moe , unless you're over 600whp, intakes are a waste of money. Especially for what people are charging for them. Stock airbox with a drop in.

lol
Does the Drop in make a difference? I was looking at it , but I'm skeptical.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Does the Drop in make a difference? I was looking at it , but I'm skeptical.
A very slight difference. I made a post under this or the main MarinTuned account showing HKS drop in on a car pushing 95-100% WGDC showing a slight airflow increase. The lower pressure drop helps a bit.

An aftermarket intake can increase filtration media size which gives better filtration than a low pressure drop drop in filter due to surface area. But for most individuals they are not driving in dust storms or on dirt roads so it isn't as big of a deal.

erokkin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR 3.0
I can't speak for OTS maps, because i don't run OTS maps. But i can say that most all issues people have had are simply tune issues if it was a custom map you're talking about. I haven't had any issues on any platform. Well, none that were tune related to the transmission, other than simply completely overpowering the trans.

Should have saved your intake money @a90moe , unless you're over 600whp, intakes are a waste of money. Especially for what people are charging for them. Stock airbox with a drop in.

lol
I like the sound of the MST Intake. Do you think im actually losing power though, as i am nowhere near 600HP.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I like the sound of the MST Intake. Do you think im actually losing power though, as i am nowhere near 600HP.
You are not losing any power

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
A very slight difference. I made a post under this or the main MarinTuned account showing HKS drop in on a car pushing 95-100% WGDC showing a slight airflow increase. The lower pressure drop helps a bit.

An aftermarket intake can increase filtration media size which gives better filtration than a low pressure drop drop in filter due to surface area. But for most individuals they are not driving in dust storms or on dirt roads so it isn't as big of a deal.

Dyno posts by VM engineering showed that BMS intake made 10 more WHP on the B58 stock engine. (not map 4 on the Jb4 means the Jb4 tuning is fully turned off).
image_9a2520d1-80c7-4111-802b-de6cf894d3a5.png
Sponsored