Buyers beware suprared is a scammer

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
Has anyone had a successful transaction with this person? I paid him for CF mirror covers a week ago via Venmo and the communication has been shit, he gave me a bogus FedEx number and supposedly it shipped FedEx 2-Day like last Tues/Wed and nothing came today and FedEx has been here. I can't seem to get a response from him. Like a dumbass I sent to a 'friend'. I assumed since he had listed multiple things on the forums that he was legit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cvondra

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has anyone had a successful transaction with this person? I paid him for TRD CF mirror cover replacements a week ago via Venmo and the communication has been shit, he gave me a bogus FedEx number and supposedly it shipped FedEx 2-Day like last Tues/Wed and nothing came today and FedEx has been here. I can't seem to get a response from him. Like a dumbass I sent to a 'friend' in Venmo. I assumed since he had listed multiple things on the forums that he was legit.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Got his email or venmo info to share? Hope its just a simple misunderstanding, but might be good info to know who he is.

OP
OP
cvondra

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
He DMd me and said if I don't see it by the end of the week to msg him. I'll release his info then.

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
I think they might be. I reached out for pictures of the floor mats they listed and they sent me one extremely poor quality picture.

I told them I wanted better pictures so I could actually see what I was getting, and they said they couldn’t get more pictures at the moment.

Seems pretty suspicious given the context of the other users experiences.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Im not familiar with them but i would never use Venmo to buy products online. You get no protection whatsoever.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Im not familiar with them but i would never use Venmo to buy products online. You get no protection whatsoever.
I was an software engineering lead at Venmo. We say, in our terms of service, and a few other places. "Only send money to FRIENDS." There is literally no recourse.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Has anyone had a successful transaction with this person? I paid him for TRD CF mirror cover replacements a week ago via Venmo and the communication has been shit, he gave me a bogus FedEx number and supposedly it shipped FedEx 2-Day like last Tues/Wed and nothing came today and FedEx has been here. I can't seem to get a response from him. Like a dumbass I sent to a 'friend' in Venmo. I assumed since he had listed multiple things on the forums that he was legit.
If he scammed you, report it and they will ban him from the forum.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
I think they might be. I reached out for pictures of the floor mats they listed and they sent me one extremely poor quality picture.

I told them I wanted better pictures so I could actually see what I was getting, and they said they couldn’t get more pictures at the moment.

Seems pretty suspicious given the context of the other users experiences.
I have bought and sold all kinds of stuff on here and have not run into an issue yet.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Look at the profile. Not a member very long and not active. I would bet you got took.

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
I am 99% sure the forum logs the IP address of each post so if that guy did not have a VPN, you might at least be able to track him down. Based on the other posts that guy might have scammed more people and that might be enough for law enforcement to get involved.

Next time you should (and I don't say that to belittle you but for everyone else that might stumble across it):
- check account age
- check account history (most of his sold posts were made within the same few days - very suspicious)
- never use anything without buyer protection (it's worth the fee especially when we talking expensive products)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I am 99% sure the forum logs the IP address of each post so if that guy did not have a VPN, you might at least be able to track him down. Based on the other posts that guy might have scammed more people and that might be enough for law enforcement to get involved.

Next time you should (and I don't say that to belittle you but for everyone else that might stumble across it):
- check account age
- check account history (most of his sold posts were made within the same few days - very suspicious)
- never use anything without buyer protection (it's worth the fee especially when we talking expensive products)
You'll most likely need a subpoena for that. In which you'll need a police report. But the venmo address would be easier to go through.

Willow1308

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have lots of fun vechicles...
I hope this turns out to be just a misunderstanding…

It’s become such a “buyer beware” world…

I would hope all the members on this forum would conduct themselves with integrity…

Sponsored