Buyers beware suprared is a scammer

frankelito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 3.0 P
I wouldn’t risk my name of my business attempting to rip someone off for a few bucks.

I no longer accept PayPal for any type of reason. The shit they put business owners through absurd and predatory. If someone wants to buy something that isn’t on the website or wants a deal on something I request Venmo to avoid excessive merchant fees and delays in processing and typically pass he savings onto the buyer.
I own an online business as well. I totally agree with you, paypal is the best to friend to friend payments or stuff like that but when it comes to businesses they are a pain in the ass to deal with. I had my business paypal account blocked multiple times due to the fact I was receiving too much money and they had to check it was a legit business. I went with it the first time I get it but it then started happening 2 more times and I decided to let paypal go for good.
Sponsored

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I got scammed by VASupra for a 4th brake light. Venmo. He sent pics. I ran the pic of the item and his profile pic through TinEye, and no hits. All good so far. The tip off was the person joined the forum one week earlier.

Basically, I trust forum members, but will never buy from someone unless they’re a long-time member.

If I may quote the Zen capping phrase:

Kin wa hi o motte kokoromi, tama wa ishi o motte kokoromi,
Mizu wa jō o motte kokoromi, hito wa gen o motte kokoromu.

Last edited:

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Many forums I'm on have where you cannot even access the buy/sale section until you have over 100 posts. While it doesn't solve everything it is a huge deterrent for people signing up just to rip members off. It is usually pretty easy to catch these people posting crap to inflate their post count

Last edited:

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Many forums I'm on have where you cannot even access the buy/sale section until you have over 100 posts. While it doesn't solve everything it is a huge deterrent for people signing up just to rip members off. It is usually pretty easy to catch these people posting crap to inflate their post count
ya I agree, 100 post is a lot, like a lot of people who are somewhat active, will not hit 100 posts, but at least 10, and I love the idea of when posting photos, have a piece of paper with username, address, forum name etc etc in the photo to make it more legit.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I got scammed by VASupra for a 4th brake light. Venmo. He sent pics. I ran the pic of the item and his profile pic through TinEye, and no hits. All good so far. The tip off was the person joined the forum one week earlier.

Basically, I trust forum members, but will never buy from someone unless they’re a long-time member.

romaji sugoi! 次回はひらがなでお試しください。:thumbsup:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
@frankelito , what's going on with the girl in your avatar? :lol:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
@frankelito , what's going on with the girl in your avatar? :lol:
that's actually a video of me after arguing with that other engineer a few weeks back about something really pedantic and engineer-y.

JTurbz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra

I saw this VASupra user make multiple posts in the Marketplace section. I messaged him about a Titan Motorsports ProTune and he replied. He then stopped replying when I asked him for pictures. I saw he then lowered his asking price on his original post, but still never replied. It annoyed me, but I didn’t say anything else to him. I got lucky he stopped replying, I guess.
Sponsored