C8 LT3 trade

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
So I have the opportunity to trade my 2023 supra 3.0 premium for a 2022 c8 stingray LT3. I'm really on the fence about it, because I think the c8 would be super fun. I just don't know if the corvette will retain its value. I feel like the supra will hold its value a bit more. Thoughts? I also don't go into buying a car thinking it will retain its value. I buy it to have fun with it. I really like my supra and am having great fun with it.
Sponsored

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
IMO - Supra will hold value better since there are WAY fewer of them. If your 2023 Supra is an MT, absolutely will hold value better than any C8 on sale.

I really like the C8, but the AT and high volume production will ruin resale.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
https://www.cargurus.com/research/price-trends/Chevrolet-Corvette-d1

Quick search for the Supra equivalent will arm you with the info you need to make your decision.

If youā€™re having fun, I say keep the Supra. The C8 production numbers are at least 6x higher than the Supra. There will be plenty when youā€™re really ready to change platforms.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
C8 corvette is nice, and they are good cars but nothing special, if you said Z06, of course no questions asked, but base c8 is not that much faster, way less unique, looks worse in my opinion, (it is too narrow) and frankly the worst part, I know this is also very shallow and not actually the cars fault, but like others said, the conation that comes with owning a base C8 is well like @bushido said "eww" they aren't very exciting cars to drive either I've noticed, not bad or boring so to speak, but feel soulless in a sense.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
You could rent one on Turo and make your decision from that. There are plenty to choose from.

I drove a base C8 in LA last summer. Here are some impressions.

The forward visibility as expected was good. The square-shaped steering wheel feels odd at first, but makes sense after a few miles based on the instrument panel's layout. The seats were just okay, but this was the base model. I was surprised that it was actually more difficult to get in and out of it than the Supra - that door sill is extremely wide. The exhaust was too quiet, IMO. It doesn't feel special on the road, but once I got up into the mountain twisties, I was surprised at how well it handled considering its size - it felt smaller than it was. Maybe this was a beat-up model, but the interior rattled and creaked quite a bit and the acceleration felt way slower than the Supra which I was surprised - certainly not the 2.7 0-60 advertised. Having two trunks was nice though, but that long center column of HVAC buttons is not intuitive.

I think that's all I can remember.

Even trade with the Supra? I wouldn't. Maybe the 3LT model may be worth it for the extra features.

Now, Z06 and E-Ray is a different story. But I'd suspect at least two (if not 3) Supras for the price of one of those.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium

Becareful op.

A very known issues on c8s.

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
The Supra has much more potential than the C8. Honestly feels very biased since this is a Supra loving community.

I would ask the old folk in the C8 communities this question and see what their response is lol

But all seriousness the A90 Supra has a timeless look while the C8 looks like its trying to be something else. Id rent a C8 and see how you like it from there.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Love the front and side of the C8 - hate the rear end.

Richard Truman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Preamum
So I have the opportunity to trade my 2023 supra 3.0 premium for a 2022 c8 stingray LT3. I'm really on the fence about it, because I think the c8 would be super fun. I just don't know if the corvette will retain its value. I feel like the supra will hold its value a bit more. Thoughts? I also don't go into buying a car thinking it will retain its value. I buy it to have fun with it. I really like my supra and am having great fun with it.
Do you have a automatic or Manual 3,0 Preium

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
Iā€™ve also been tempted to switch to a C8, but Iā€™m thrown by how big it feels.

Otherwise theyve made 143k wish.com Ferraris and I canā€™t imagine with that volume they hold their value particularly well

Pick what you like more
Sponsored