C8 LT3 trade

MaximumAttack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT Toyota Supra, 2005 AP2 Honda S2000
lmao. I like my A91-MT Supra a lot, but some of the comments in this thread are a bit delusional.

looks worse in my opinion, (it is too narrow)
The rear track width is only 0.2" (5mm) less than the Supra. 62.6" (Supra) vs 62.4" (C8 Stingray). The front track width of the C8 is 2.1" wider than the front of the Supra. 62.8" (Supra) vs 64.9" (C8 Stingray).

The Supra has much more potential than the C8.
This one is highly debatable, IMO.

What the Supra has going for it, in terms of performance (ignoring aesthetics, which are subjective):

- It's a little bit lighter. Not a ton, but enough to feel it and help it feel a little more agile.
- It comes from the factory with a turbo. We all know why this is a benefit.
- A very stiff chassis (torsional rigidity). Much stiffer than the C8's chassis, which is actually pretty floppy for a modern car.

What the C8 has going for it:

- DCT instead of the 8HP. As good as the 8HP is, it's not a DCT. Again, strictly talking about performance, not accounting for some people having personal preferences for a manual (I have a manual Supra, FWIW). The DCT is just better.
- Mid-engine instead of front engine. This one should be obvious. For anything other than drag racing, this is going to be a big advantage in terms of cornering ability and putting big power to the ground. Faster to change directions and much better rear traction.
- V8 instead of I6. The B58 is great and has the advantage stock (because of tuning potential I mean, because of the turbo), but C8s are tunable now, and a big single turbo or twin turbo C8 has massive potential.
- Superior suspension design. Like all BMWs, the Supra has a pretty basic MacPherson strut design. Is it bad? No, but it's not as good as a double wishbone setup, and that's what the C8 Corvette has. As someone who also owns an S2000, this is one thing I wish the MKV retained from the MKIV. It would have been even better with double wishbones.

I like my Supra a lot, and I personally find it more aesthetically pleasing, but I think it's pretty obvious a highly modified C8 has very high potential and could be a really good track car. I do wish it weighed less and had a nicer looking rear though.

Honestly feels very biased since this is a Supra loving community
Yes, very. Like every car forum, like 80% of the people on the forum are brand/specific car fanboys, and only the other 20% or so are legit car enthusiasts who appreciate a lot of different cars for what they are.

Last edited:

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
lmao. I like my A91-MT Supra a lot, but some of the comments in this thread are a bit delusional.

The rear track width is only 0.2" (5mm) less than the Supra. 62.6" (Supra) vs 62.4" (C8 Stingray). The front track width of the C8 is 2.1" wider than the front of the Supra. 62.8" (Supra) vs 64.9" (C8 Stingray).

This one is highly debatable, IMO.

What the Supra has going for it, in terms of performance (ignoring aesthetics, which are subjective):

- It's a little bit lighter. Not a ton, but enough to feel it and help it feel a little more agile.
- It comes from the factory with a turbo. We all know why this is a benefit.
- A very stiff chassis (torsional rigidity). Much stiffer than the C8's chassis, which is actually pretty floppy for a modern car.

What the C8 has going for it:

- DCT instead of the 8HP. As good as the 8HP is, it's not a DCT. Again, strictly talking about performance, not accounting for some people having personal preferences for a manual (I have a manual Supra, FWIW). The DCT is just better.
- Mid-engine instead of front engine. This one should be obvious. For anything other than drag racing, this is going to be a big advantage in terms of cornering ability and putting big power to the ground. Faster to change directions and much better rear traction.
- V8 instead of I6. The B58 is great and has the advantage stock, but C8s are tunable now, and a big single turbo or twin turbo C8 has massive potential.
- Superior suspension design. Like all BMWs, the Supra has a pretty basic MacPherson strut design. Is it bad? No, but it's not as good as a double wishbone setup, and that's what the C8 Corvette has. As someone who also owns an S2000, this is one thing I wish the MKV retained from the MKIV. It would have been even better with double wishbones.

I like my Supra a lot, and I personally find it more aesthetically pleasing, but I think it's pretty obvious a highly modified C8 has very high potential and could be a really good track car. I do wish it weighed less and had a nicer looking rear though.

Yes, very. Like every car forum, like 80% of the people on the forum are brand/specific car fanboys, and only the other 20% or so are legit car enthusiasts who appreciate a lot of different cars for what they are.
So to the too narrow comment, I am not talking about the physical size, but more so the proportions to the rest of the car, I just don't love the look of the base C8, now the Z06 or Eray looks amazing, much better than the supra, in regards to the trans comments, while the DCT is faster stock for stock, they are plagued with trans problems, and the ZF with XHP is basically as fast, I have driven both in a short time span apart ( a few days) but stock for stock, the dct in the c8 is quicker. The rest are all valid points, the c8 is still very expensive to make big power on because it is so new and they were locked for so long. Handling I don't think is a fair comparison since you are comparing a mid-engine car (where the engine should be) to a front-engine car, so they have widely different handling characteristics. I agree that the MKV Supra has its weak points, including chassis, lots of tram lining, steering is not great, etc, but I still think I prefer it to the base C8. I think both are great options and of course, you will find bias in a supra forum, but I would say my comments err on the side of opinion and personal preference.

Bald Guy

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8, Zs, Type Rs, Rubicon 392s, and more.
I have a base C8 and it's not too bad. It performs fairly well and gets a lot of attention. I haven't driven the Supra so I can't really compare, but I'm sure the Supra holds its ground in its own way.

PXL_20240221_215345716.jpg
Sponsored