Canada - Pricing, Availability Details & Orders

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Same. At $56K CAD it was at least somewhat palatable, but for $65K+?? No way, that's into a price point that opens up a huge range of competitors. Stupid move.
I'd bet the mid-engined C8 base model comes in within $5k of the launch Supra. Good luck to Toyota, competing with that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jspud9

First Name
Le
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bmw Z4 M
Just ordered a Phantom Grey, since it's extremely limited I may not get it. I told them my second choice would be either silver or white. We'll see. :)

sedanlova

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk4 twins
C7 Stingray starts at CAD $65,195, Camaro SS at CAD $43000 and Camaro SS 1LE at CAD $52,000. All with Manual transmission. I wonder how this A90 Toyota sport car will do against them...

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Well, it is a sports car for one, while the Camaro is a muscle car. The vette is another matter. At least the Supra is a lot smaller.

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
Just ordered a Phantom Grey, since it's extremely limited I may not get it. I told them my second choice would be either silver or white. We'll see. :)
How did you order? You found a dealership willing to place an order for you? All the dealerships around my area have balked, even with me willling to put down a $10,000 deposit.....

Also, if they are able to order a Phantom Grey for delivery in 2019, it sort of debunks the idea that Canada will be getting only Launch Editions for 2019 (red, black and white), and that these are $65,000.

Did they quote a MSRP? Is this a premium model or base car?

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well, it is a sports car for one, while the Camaro is a muscle car. The vette is another matter. At least the Supra is a lot smaller.
Based in stats alone, (price/performance) nothing competes with a Vette, and so I doubt Toyota ever had that targeted as the main competition. To reach the Vettes level of performance would have required a much more expensive car, and Toyota already saw in the 90's the result of that.

I think there is less crossover between potential Vette buyers and potential Supra buyers than it may seem on paper. The Vette has it's own baggage, reputation of a sort of persons car, as does the Supra. I think this provides a fairly distinct market for each. I have always admired the Vette, but when I have an opportunity to buy, the deciding factor was American made, and not wanting to be cast in that stereotype associate with Vette ownership.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that you ā€œordered a phantom greyā€ really means nothing as no dealers have been allocated vins yet. All you did was request the color thatā€™s about it

sedanlova

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk4 twins
Camaro, even if still considered muscle car, it's doing pretty well:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...-competition-vs-2019-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1le/
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...eca-beats-audi-r8-v10-plus-on-vir-111071.html
https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...-camaro-ss-1le-at-lightning-lap-2016-feature/
Since this new A90 is CAD $13K more than a Camaro SS 1LE and same price as the C7, will it do better on a track?
Why the Vette is another matter?

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The fact that you ā€œordered a phantom greyā€ really means nothing as no dealers have been allocated vins yet. All you did was request the color thatā€™s about it
I was just talking to another Toyota dealer here, who had the official pricing information from Toyota Canada. The $64,900 is for the premium trim car (although this could still be the launch edition). "All-in" price is around $73,000 (freight, destination, tax (5%), ect.).

jspud9

First Name
Le
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bmw Z4 M
How did you order? You found a dealership willing to place an order for you? All the dealerships around my area have balked, even with me willling to put down a $10,000 deposit.....

Also, if they are able to order a Phantom Grey for delivery in 2019, it sort of debunks the idea that Canada will be getting only Launch Editions for 2019 (red, black and white), and that these are $65,000.

Did they quote a MSRP? Is this a premium model or base car?
I ordered it at South Pointe Toyota, for $65k is for the standard package, I think the premium has a few different features but I didn't get into too much detail with them. I was happy the standard Canadian package was the Premium US package.

They did say if they are able to get a Phantom Grey for me they would definitely try. If not I gave them my alternate colors. They don't know if pricing will increase for the Phantom Grey but they said it was extremely limited and they would let me know around May when more info is released.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The Mid-engine Vette will be WAYY more
Bob Lutz, ex-GM head honcho and still in the loop, recently stated in R&T that he expects it to be about $5k USD above current pricing. Time will tell, but I can't see Corvette giving up their main market advantage - an exceptional cost to performance ratio.

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Hello , Iā€™m a new member as of today but have been following the A90 for 2.5 years now.
I live in Ontario Canada and have visited the car at the Montreal show and Feb 17 in Toronto.
I sat in the Z4 and looks and feels great but the Supra looks much better overall .:love:

Friday Feb 15 at my local dealership I put down $2500 refundable deposit for the 1 car that they are getting. They had 10+ calls but Iā€™m the only guy to put down the money. So first dibs on the car.:headbang:

They donā€™t know what colour. The sales rep said the managers computer states ā€ the price is $64990 +$1845frieght+$100 +$21.97 +$10+$389=$67355.97 +hst Total $76112.25.

At the Toronto (Feb 17) show I spoke to a Toyota rep. this gentleman said

ā€œ yes $64990 is for the Canadian Launch version , with all the bells and whistles , (300-330 units this year max) also Canada will only have two trim levels- The Launch version and then one like a base. So far there have been no colours or VIN allocations to ANY dealers. He expects hard info from Toyota Canada to be released late March early Aprilā€

Three other dealers I called the week before told me they can not sell a car for over MSRP in Ontario.
If some tries to ,there is a complaint agency that would correct this.
They also said they wouldnā€™t want to be ā€œthat dealerā€.

I would like Phantom Grey or Blue and White is my 3rd choice

Keeping my fingers crossed and hope that information FROM Toyota Canada is on its way.
Sponsored