UK - Pricing and Availability Details

UK floor price - New Supra - Whats your Expectation?

• Total voters

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if there are any viewable Supras in Amsterdam? I will be there for a few days too.
Sponsored

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
Just had confirmation from my dealer that my car and another from the same dealer has appeared in their ordering system and shows them being at sea at the moment. He also said they're coming from Japan so not sure if he just got it wrong or they go there for final assembly or quality control or something? (EDIT: He was mistaken, just so used to saying from Japan!) Anyone else heard anything about theirs?
Nothing as of yet mate. Sent my dealer an email saying I’ll proceed and got a thank you back but that’s about it

Can’t help but think the whole process has been quite misguided

Gaz_smithy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Vehicle Showcase
Was told today customers cars are already built, however delivery won’t be made until September to keep the customers cars different reg plates from the demonstrators which will begin this month moving round various dealers for test drives.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Just had an initial finance quote on PCP. With around maximum deposit of £19,700, 8000 miles per year over 36 months the monthly payment is £358.19 with a final payment of £31,860 at 5.9% APR.

That's for the A90 Edition and after tacking on £1548 of stuff I don't want like Supaguard (on matte paint!?) and £700+ for the paint itself despite the fact that I'm pretty sure it is included in the price of the car.

Going in to discuss at the weekend so will get more info then.

Gaz_smithy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Vehicle Showcase
They had PCP info on the Toyota website when the cars were first released for order in January. Below is the medium deposit for an A90

4FF089A8-F4B1-4647-8F6A-18B3E005B70B.png

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That initial one was put up as a guideline and stated that it may vary. Not sure of they've updated that one since to say it is definite but I'm sure it said somewhere it was only a guide and subject to change.

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
Just had an initial finance quote on PCP. With around maximum deposit of £19,700, 8000 miles per year over 36 months the monthly payment is £358.19 with a final payment of £31,860 at 5.9% APR.

That's for the A90 Edition and after tacking on £1548 of stuff I don't want like Supaguard (on matte paint!?) and £700+ for the paint itself despite the fact that I'm pretty sure it is included in the price of the car.

Going in to discuss at the weekend so will get more info then.
Where are you hearing about this supagard stuff? I confirmed my order with the dealers but heard nothing about anything since really

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where are you hearing about this supagard stuff? I confirmed my order with the dealers but heard nothing about anything since really
It was from my dealer themselves. I think it is the normal stuff they upsell for a new car. They have "AC Protect (Supaguard)" for £299 "Service" for £489, "Fuel" for £50 (don't even chuck chuck in a tank of fuel on a 50k car...) and "Paint" for £710 which surely should be included in the A90 Edition price. I think I'll just be taking all those options off most likely. Not sure what "Service" entails. I'm hoping to prepare the car myself so if it's that I'll take it away, if a service plan I might keep it on. Will wait and see.

E4EVL

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AMG GTS - sold awaiting a replacement
Order process has been quite sloppy I must admit and although there’s usually rumours and BS going round from the dealers that don’t know their arses from their elbows (I’ve been in the motor trade 16 years so seen it all), the story about September does actually make sense as it potentially fills in quite a few blanks.

Especially with Brexit looming, they’ll want as much out of the door as soon as possible with no one knowing the trade outcome so cars being built and at sea ready for September reg makes sense, time will tell.

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
I think that Toyota UK have messed up the pricing and lots are pulling out.

They are being listed on autotrader at retail price and even the A90 edition people are cancelling on.

Part of it has been due to how poor Toyota have been in communication to prospective buyers, which is part of the reason I cancelled my orders.

Other issue the 3 yr residual value is so low it shocked a few folks.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I think that Toyota UK have messed up the pricing and lots are pulling out.

They are being listed on autotrader at retail price and even the A90 edition people are cancelling on.

Part of it has been due to how poor Toyota have been in communication to prospective buyers, which is part of the reason I cancelled my orders.

Other issue the 3 yr residual value is so low it shocked a few folks.
What was your residual?

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To be honest I've considered pulling out in the last few days with how the PDI and delays have been as well, I'm not surprised others are as well.

My residual after 3 years is around £31000 for the A90 Edition.

Still going ahead with it now, but if I don't get the car Monday then I might seriously reconsider... Imo regardless of the residuals and finance options I think they priced it at least £5000 too high on the list price.

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
I was told at Thruxton that the GFV would be circa £35k - which showed some confidence in the car. When I ran the numbers they were closer to £29k - that's a hefty difference when looking at financing it.

Was working out at £5k down and over £700 a month - which I personally couldn't justify.
Sponsored