UK - Pricing and Availability Details

UK floor price - New Supra - Whats your Expectation?

• Total voters

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
I've seen the emissions as 199g/km in one place but a different value in another so not sure what exactly it is. Toyota UK has 170g/km.

As for VAT I'm pretty sure all prices from Toyota UK are inclusive of VAT.

As for Brexit if they add any more to the already announced price I'll definitely be out. As it stands if I didn't secure the A90 Edition I'd probably be seriously considering giving up my allocation. Just hope the test drive proves it's worth it!
Sponsored

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Does anyone know the C02 Emissions?The DVLA certainly havn't got any yet
I know BMW USA say the B58 engine alone is the same emissions as the N55, which would put it in the 3rd highest UK tax band @209.
However that's the engine alone, and those bands are pretty narrow now, so it could be way off.

If its in the Top tax band AND has another 10% from Toyota, that's one hell of kick in the nuts for the purchase.
Add In dealer markups and it could turn out to be a quite pricey purchase.
I'm also assuming the indicated Price is VAT inclusive - God help them if they dumped a +20% shock on customers when production is ready.
If itā€™s the same as the M140i which I suspect it will be then itā€™s 179 g/km. Euro emissions standard 6. Thatā€™s insurance group 37 so I suspect it to be similar if not the max group.

BigIan

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche Cayman 718s & A90
Hereā€™s a question for the UK members.

Porsche have just announced that customers with outstanding orders will be charged an additional 10% for their vehicle in the event of a ā€˜no dealā€™ Brexit. Other say they may follow.

If Toyota add 10% to the price of the Supra, will you still go ahead with your purchase?
For me, it puts me close to the ā€œThatā€™s too much, Iā€™ll just buy a Cayman GTSā€ limit in my brain.

What are your thoughts?
As a Cayman 718s owner I wouldn't bother lol.

Not sure they would be able to get away with that on a limited production vehicle as opposed to a standard model line.

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, VOLVO, ACURA, DUCATI 899
Reading other threats the basic price is mo

Yes the basic US price is cheaper but If you read the US pricing forum threads most dealers over there are adding 10-15k on top of the MSRP due to the low volume of cars expected to be available in year 1. Personally Iā€™ve ordered the A90 edition in the UK and with there only being 24 in the UK and right hand drive itā€™s going to be a rare car.
This is all speculation. Some dealers are saying no markups, others are saying a "slight" markup, and others are saying thousands in markups. At the end of the day, all the dealers are pretty much bs. Remember, there are no VINs released yet for any of these dealers to grant actual contracts/security deposits. Most of the folks on this forum that are posting up pictures or stating that they've "just made a deposit," are truly just hoping that the dealer will get the A90. Therefore, no dealers (at the moment) know if they will get the A90, how many if they do, or what prices they will be charging.

I predict that they will easily be >$80k. And that's like you said, "...due to the low volume of cars..." It's basic economics, Law of Supply and Demand.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
As a Cayman 718s owner I wouldn't bother lol.

Not sure they would be able to get away with that on a limited production vehicle as opposed to a standard model line.
Thatā€™s interesting. I was thinking a 981 S or GTS. Iā€™ve had a 986s and loved it.

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
[QUOTE="

Definitely going to go to the events up until the dealership road test but Iā€™m certain Iā€™ll be telling them I want my deposit back.[/QUOTE]

Thats my plan too - going to test drive it, and reap the benefits of any freebies as a thank you for them having my Ā£1k for 6 months, then ill ask for my deposit back and its either going on a used GTR or a new M2.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s interesting. I was thinking a 981 S or GTS. Iā€™ve had a 986s and loved it.
Well, I am swapping a 981 GT4 for the Supra. I am not excited for the likely devaluation it will take from the 718 GT4. I also am sick of scraping twice trying to get into the driveway. However, its driving experience is unparalleled by anything other than a GT3 or more expensive exotics.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, depreciation is an unknown for the Supra. Compared to the GT/R/RS Porsche models anything will be hard to swallow.

Blissya

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Golf Gti, Up Gti
Somebody on the waiting list will get some good news, Iā€™ve decided to cancel the reservation. Itā€™s a lovely looking car and I donā€™t doubt it will drive well. Just not something I can justify Ā£54,710 for personally. Pity you canā€™t choose the equipment youā€™re paying for.

Ignore the muppets that bang on about JZ, I donā€™t like him or Beyonce for that matter. Nothing wrong IMO with BMW, the Supra is the closest Iā€™ve ever been to buying Japanese, maybe due to the ā€˜sceneā€™ love of tacky spoilers Etc (evidenced by numerous posts of how it would look ā€˜betterā€™). Iā€™ve been in the mk4, the look of the mk5 is better to me, just not yet at that price.

Enjoy yours

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Should have kept the reservation in til you got a freebie day out test driving etc - that's the only reason I'm keeping my reservation.

Going to spend Ā£50k on a GTR instead :)

Blissya

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Golf Gti, Up Gti
Should have kept the reservation in til you got a freebie day out test driving etc - that's the only reason I'm keeping my reservation.

Was going to but Iā€™ve gone for a more sensible budget and just ordered a well optioned Golf Gti TCR. Saves Ā£20k

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra

Yea thatā€™s the only reason Iā€™ve still got mine. Not interested in owning this car at all now.

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anyone actually heard anything about the cars, test drives or anything at all?

It's been over 2 months since the car was launched and still nothing this end.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Anyone actually heard anything about the cars, test drives or anything at all?

It's been over 2 months since the car was launched and still nothing this end.
I emailed my dealer yesterday to ask, they've heard nothing and apparently on their internal message boards there have been no official replies to any Supra questions. So I think it's still probably May time that some drives will be planned, but still not confirmed.

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
Japan customers are reporting over 1 year waiting on their orders...
Sponsored