Canada - Pricing, Availability Details & Orders

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bmw hp2 sport ( bike ) , 2019 Ram 2500, Ducati 1098 Tricolore ( past )
Hello , I’m a new member as of today but have been following the A90 for 2.5 years now.
I live in Ontario Canada and have visited the car at the Montreal show and Feb 17 in Toronto.
I sat in the Z4 and looks and feels great but the Supra looks much better overall .:love:

Friday Feb 15 at my local dealership I put down $2500 refundable deposit for the 1 car that they are getting. They had 10+ calls but I’m the only guy to put down the money. So first dibs on the car.:headbang:

They don’t know what colour. The sales rep said the managers computer states ” the price is $64990 +$1845frieght+$100 +$21.97 +$10+$389=$67355.97 +hst Total $76112.25.

At the Toronto (Feb 17) show I spoke to a Toyota rep. this gentleman said

“ yes $64990 is for the Canadian Launch version , with all the bells and whistles , (300-330 units this year max) also Canada will only have two trim levels- The Launch version and then one like a base. So far there have been no colours or VIN allocations to ANY dealers. He expects hard info from Toyota Canada to be released late March early April”

Three other dealers I called the week before told me they can not sell a car for over MSRP in Ontario.
If some tries to ,there is a complaint agency that would correct this.
They also said they wouldn’t want to be “that dealer”.

I would like Phantom Grey or Blue and White is my 3rd choice

Keeping my fingers crossed and hope that information FROM Toyota Canada is on its way.

I have been notified by a Calgary dealership that they are adding $5000.00 to the price, I have the 3rd deposit there. And only person to ask for Blue as the colour. They have also said they have no control on the cars colours as they come in. As with all other toyota cars, Toyota gives the dealer cars, and they can sell them. There isn't an order build for their cars. If you can't find one on the lot for their regular cars, they will trade another dealer for it.

I have been told that there will only be 300 cars coming to Canada in year one. So if you already have an allocation be PUMPED.
They have a feeling that these cars are going to have some mad after dealer mark ups, ie when the GTR came back, or high end cars that are hard to come by.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has there been any idea of how big the lists are for this car, Calgary's dealership that I have been speaking with. Has told me directly they have 2 years worth of down payments for the car. I imagine that this is true for most of Canada, it will be interesting to see if all dealers sell for over list, and if many cars will go for big money in the grey market.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Hello , I’m a new member as of today but have been following the A90 for 2.5 years now.
I live in Ontario Canada and have visited the car at the Montreal show and Feb 17 in Toronto.
I sat in the Z4 and looks and feels great but the Supra looks much better overall .:love:

Friday Feb 15 at my local dealership I put down $2500 refundable deposit for the 1 car that they are getting. They had 10+ calls but I’m the only guy to put down the money. So first dibs on the car.:headbang:

They don’t know what colour. The sales rep said the managers computer states ” the price is $64990 +$1845frieght+$100 +$21.97 +$10+$389=$67355.97 +hst Total $76112.25.

At the Toronto (Feb 17) show I spoke to a Toyota rep. this gentleman said

“ yes $64990 is for the Canadian Launch version , with all the bells and whistles , (300-330 units this year max) also Canada will only have two trim levels- The Launch version and then one like a base. So far there have been no colours or VIN allocations to ANY dealers. He expects hard info from Toyota Canada to be released late March early April”

Three other dealers I called the week before told me they can not sell a car for over MSRP in Ontario.
If some tries to ,there is a complaint agency that would correct this.
They also said they wouldn’t want to be “that dealer”.

I would like Phantom Grey or Blue and White is my 3rd choice

Keeping my fingers crossed and hope that information FROM Toyota Canada is on its way.
In the US there is only black white and red for the launch editions if I’m not mistaken.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In the US there is only black white and red for the launch editions if I’m not mistaken.

The USA is getting quite a lot more cars and the launch editions seem to be numbered cars.

Tough thing with putting in a complaint is your car might be gone after that, I"ll do some fishing around this spring to see. It seems a little snaky to over charge. Something Toyota has never done before, to up charge a car.

Do you know the name of the consumer agency ?

In the past I've heard of challengers and such selling well over MSRP, only to drop in value in three months.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The USA is getting quite a lot more cars and the launch editions seem to be numbered cars.

Tough thing with putting in a complaint is your car might be gone after that, I"ll do some fishing around this spring to see. It seems a little snaky to over charge. Something Toyota has never done before, to up charge a car.

Do you know the name of the consumer agency ?

In the past I've heard of challengers and such selling well over MSRP, only to drop in value in three months.
This is the only car in a long time that people are even willing to pay a markup on. In the U.S., there are no laws or consumer protections preventing dealer markups. Toyota themselves also do not a have a policy that explicitly prevents dealers from placing markups. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the only car in a long time that people are even willing to pay a markup on. In the U.S., there are no laws or consumer protections preventing dealer markups. Toyota themselves also do not a have a policy that explicitly prevents dealers from placing markups. (correct me if I'm wrong)
I have called a few other dealerships within my Province, no other dealers are up charging. Some might be doing undercoating or adding the clear 3m to get a little more profit.
I have been told its frowned upon but a dealer can sell above or below market if they so choose. Just a little snaky to up charge, IMO.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have called a few other dealerships within my Province, no other dealers are up charging. Some might be doing undercoating or adding the clear 3m to get a little more profit.
I have been told its frowned upon but a dealer can sell above or below market if they so choose. Just a little snaky to up charge, IMO.
Yes, well I live in the U.S. so culturally it could be a little different. Dealers here in general have no qualms selling cars for a huge markup.

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
I was just at my local dealer, and it appears the Canadian car that cost $64,990, is the same as the USA premium version, but with the extra tech package that is optional in the US. This will be the standard Canadian car. A "base" vehicle is by order only, and the only apparent difference is, no tech package - so it will not be the 110lbs lighter, "stripped down" base version that is available in the US. In addition, the car is available in all the colors as in the USA - white and black cars come with the red accented interior. All other colors come with the black interior. I don't believe there is a numbered launch edition, like what the USA is recieving, although this wasn't completely clear. The fact that all 7 colors were shown to be available made me think they are not official "Launch" versions, as this comes only in white, red and black. All of this is info Toyota has released thus far, I saw it on the dealers screen. Also, I was told that, most likely, dealers will be alloted cars, but they will have the capability to choose the color - in other words, customer will be able to choose.

Last edited:

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, VOLVO, ACURA, DUCATI 899
This seems like the most concrete piece of information in regards to the release of the Supra in N. America:

“This is an early prototype, a similar one to the one that was at Barrett Jackson,” Ed Laukes, group VP of marketing at Toyota, said.

"The new models won’t be in showrooms until late March. But for those fans lucky enough to be at Daytona this week, the new Supra could be seen up close and in person for the first time for the general public."

Read more: https://autoweek.com/article/nascar/public-finally-gets-chance-get-close-supra-daytona#ixzz5g5qyDWrk

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Why is there so many differing release dates? Especially from Toyota employees. First it was Aug/Sept now it’s Mar/Apr/June?
:crazy:

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why is there so many differing release dates? Especially from Toyota employees. First it was Aug/Sept now it’s Mar/Apr/June?
I think Toyota will eventually base the release in conjunction with the demand from potential buyers. I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota tried a "soft" release/launch in N. America.

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
I'm wondering if the "launch edition" will be released in March, and no other model, and the regular editions will be released in the next cycle, which seems like it will be late summer, August/September. The dealers I spoke to here in Alberta indicated Toyota claiming an August delivery date for Canadian Supras, which coincides with the information I received yesterday, which was that Canadian Supras will not be the special launch edition types.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm wondering if the "launch edition" will be released in March, and no other model, and the regular editions will be released in the next cycle, which seems like it will be late summer, August/September. The dealers I spoke to here in Alberta indicated Toyota claiming an August delivery date for Canadian Supras, which coincides with the information I received yesterday, which was that Canadian Supras will not be the special launch edition types.
I stopped by another dealership while I was heading north, dealer quoted me $79 000 for a car to order, called the manager out to say that's hwy robbery, and said have a nice day.

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Most I have talked to say they will not charge more than MSRP. I have it written on my sales/deposit slip. I hope this doesn't change as the delivery date of the car gets closer. Perhaps it's not a good idea to be even speaking about this possibility here - if they are watching this board, it might give them ideas they hadn't had previously. I know one delaership, when I pushed the notion of paying MSRP only, I saw bells going off in their heads, as if they hadn't thought of the idea of selling it for more, but liked the idea/ thought it had merit. In the end, they refused to allow me to put a deposit down for $10,000, with a guarantee of MSRP selling price.
LMAO you're going to be the first they call and say, "Hey! We got your Supra in! You owe us $99,999.01. Cash or check?"

sounds like your rolling the dice ;-)

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Looks like Toyota Canada has posted the price -notice that it does not say " starting at" but "priced at".
This would be in line with my info from the T.O. Show and others that there will only be one version in Canada for now.
Finally the information is being released at glacial speed ...for a car that will go so fast.;)
https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/register-for-supra-updates
Sponsored

Reactions: dgh