Canada - Pricing, Availability Details & Orders

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
Many manufacturers in Canada tend not to bring in as many trims, so I could see us only getting the premium/launch trims.
I was about to make a $10,000 deposit to be first in line at a local Toyota dealer, guaranteeing MSRP. When I asked for this to be written into the agreement, they seemed to think it was strange - they had never sold a car above MSRP, and said it wasn't policy to do so. They also suggested Toyota Canada wouldn't allow this.

Today I got a call from the dealership, they had decided they wouldn't accept any deposits. Apparently today they had recieved over 10 calls from people who were wiling to make a deposit, after the price was released by Toyota at the Toronto Auto Show. I think they didn't want me locked in at MSRP when they could see demand was so high, and would rather have a bidding war to make more money. This is specualtion. The somewhat vague reason I was given is they just didn't want to be dealing with deposits.....
Sponsored

sedanlova

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk4 twins
At CAD $65k+$1900 transport + 15% sales tax = $78,000 + interest. I'll just buy something else...
I was willing to give a chance to Toyota/BMW partnership sports car but not at this price. I don't even want to test drive it.
I guess I'll start checking for another JDM import or another MK4 Supra...before prices go beyond my reach.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
At CAD $65k+$1900 transport + 15% sales tax = $78,000 + interest. I'll just buy something else...
I was willing to give a chance to Toyota/BMW partnership sports car but not at this price. I don't even want to test drive it.
I guess I'll start checking for another JDM import or another MK4 Supra...before prices go beyond my reach.
15% sales tax? Your profile pic has a Alberta plate and itā€™s 5% here then?

Louis110

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Black Pearl R32 GTR; Pearl White 2014 Mazda 3
Same. At $56K CAD it was at least somewhat palatable, but for $65K+?? No way, that's into a price point that opens up a huge range of competitors. Stupid move.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m also on the fence now. If it was 65k out the door for the launch trim Iā€™d be fine with that but if itā€™s 65k for the base I think Iā€™ll be waiting for a used.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
65K seals the deal on it being a NO from me. I have wanted to be on board with this car, but I just cant. If 65K is a launch edition then that's not terrible. But there is so much car you can get for 65K. That is approaching 997 Turbo prices.

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, VOLVO, ACURA, DUCATI 899
Guys, I'm slightly confused. A few weeks ago when they released the prices it was stated that the base model would sell around $48k USD. So, converting that to CAD, it comes out to about $64CAD.

Am I totally confused that you guys are stating the prices as USD instead of CAD?

If not, I believe they also stated the Launch edition would be about $57k USD OR $76K CAD.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
We have a 65k Canadian starting price. Given that weā€™re only getting 300 cars they could possibly all be premium/launch editions. So with that said the 65k price tag would mean its for the premium/launch.

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
We have a 65k Canadian starting price. Given that weā€™re only getting 300 cars they could possibly all be premium/launch editions. So with that said the 65k price tag would mean its for the premium/launch.
I was planning on getting a base car, as it's about 110 lbs lighter, but if Canada is getting launch editions, and its $65,000, I'd go for that, just for the exclusivity.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™d like to get a launch edition that way it should be an easier sell if/when the GRMN car comes out

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Guys, I'm slightly confused. A few weeks ago when they released the prices it was stated that the base model would sell around $48k USD. So, converting that to CAD, it comes out to about $64CAD.

Am I totally confused that you guys are stating the prices as USD instead of CAD?

If not, I believe they also stated the Launch edition would be about $57k USD OR $76K CAD.
But as was talked about last page, the current USD to CDN exchange does not dictate our pricing. Infact in this case the Yen and Euro to CDN is more important, but even then the price has to be competitive with other cars in the local market so that is only 1 consideration.

Sounds to me like that 65k is likely Launch Edition, and maybe that's all we're getting this year.

Last edited:

sedanlova

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk4 twins
But as was talked about last page, the current USD to CDN exchange does not dictate our pricing. Infact in this case the Yen and Euro to CDN is more important, but even then the price has to be competitive with other cars in the local market so that is only 1 consideration.

Sounds to me like that 65k is likely Launch Edition, and maybe that's all we're getting this year.
Yeah, looks so. I'll pass until we get the base or buy a value depreciated Launch edition in a couple years lol

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatures/20190214/bmw-prices-2020-z4-roadster-under-supra/

BMW prices 2020 Z4 roadster under Supra

With Toyota publishing pricing on its all-new Supra GR ā€“ $64,990 ā€“ just this morning, the recently released price of the similarly all-new 2020 BMW Z4 becomes increasingly interesting. The new generation Z4, a vehicle that was co-developed and shares much of its underlying architecture with Toyotaā€™s sports car undercuts the Japanese sport's car's base price, starting at $62,450 in Canada ā€“ though the base BMW Z4 comes with a smaller four-cylinder engine than the turbo six in the Toyota GR.

Two engines will be offered in the Z4: a 2.0L turbo four good for 255 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque in the Z4 sDrive30i, ands a 3.0L turbo six for the Z4 M40i, good for 382 hp and 369 lb-ft. This compares to 335 hp and 365 lb-ft of torque for the Supra version of that same twin-scroll turbo six. All the Z4's power, meanwhile, is fed to the back wheels via an 8-speed automatic ā€“ no manuals here.

That BMW Z4 price, of course, can balloon much higher, once you factor in option packages such as the $2,750 M Performance package, $1,000 Harmon/Kardon sound system and $3,600 Premium Essential package.

BMW curiously has not released the price of the more powerful Z4 M40i with that turbo six, but a BMW Canada executive today at the Canadian International AutoShow that hadn't heard the Supra price expected the Z4 M40i to come in roughly $9,000 more than the Toyota, which would put the more powerful 382 hp Z4 at roughly $74,000 to start.

And of course, this being BMW, the only colour youā€™ll be able to get for your new Baby Bimmer without having to pay extra is white, with colours like Misano Blue or San Francisco Red coming in at and additional $895. Black leatherette seating is standard, as are 18ā€ wheels, a WiFi hotspot and heating steering wheel ā€“ in Canada especially, that last one will be a godsend for many. Now, you can drive your new BMW roadster to the Prince of Wales Theatre in the dead of winter, and with properly warm, un-gloved hands!

That $62,450 base price, meanwhile, is about two-grand more than it costs to get into the Mercedes-Benz SLC 300, while the Audi TT starts at $57,900. Look for the 2020 Z4 to arrive in dealers later this summer.
Sponsored