Canada - Pricing, Availability Details & Orders

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
So my dealer is telling me that the car has to be in showroom for two weeks, this seems a little long. Has anyone else been told they can't pick up the car next week?
They asked me nicely if I could leave it there. Doing reveal event on the 25th and told them I'd pick up on the 3rd. I agreed. I've waited this long what's two more weeks. And the 3m place doesnt even have the template for it yet so waiting for that anyways.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So my dealer is telling me that the car has to be in showroom for two weeks, this seems a little long. Has anyone else been told they can't pick up the car next week?
It's for them to do some marketing and promotion. Lots of regular people dont buy cars without seeing them in person. I was the only person who put real money down for the car. Others waited it out. More supra sold more chances better models come out.

AugustineW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X5+2020 Nitro Yellow Supra
Gonna pick mine up at 7pm tonight. Still trying to figure out the front plate location lol. I'll probably just zip tie it for now.

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
So spoke to my dealer and he said that almost all dealerships in Canada are getting 2 cars this year and 4 cars next year. Which essentially means they will all be sold or already sold due to such low numbers.

Not sure if he's spinning a yarn on me or if its actually true. Anyone know anything about this?

AugustineW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That case for the key a BMW one you got from Amazon?
Yep, but I don't recommend this since there is a panic button and the case will cover it up. My friend sent it as a gift to match my new sign lol.

WechatIMG12.jpeg

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep, but I don't recommend this since there is a panic button and the case will cover it up. My friend sent it as a gift to match my new sign lol.

WechatIMG12.jpeg
But it fits right? Not loose? I bought one with a 4 button opening and was unsure if the key would fit. The key fob felt so small. Friends joked and told me to get BMW on my plates lol

AugustineW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
But it fits right? Not loose? I bought one with a 4 button opening and was unsure if the key would fit. The key fob felt so small. Friends joked and told me to get BMW on my plates lol
It does fit well. I compared that with my friend's BMW key and it should be exactly the same (it does feel a lot cheaper due to the material and the light weight).

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It does fit well. I compared that with my friend's BMW key and it should be exactly the same (it does feel a lot cheaper due to the material and the light weight).
Gonna go buy a BMW key fob and take the metal pieces off Haha

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
So spoke to my dealer and he said that almost all dealerships in Canada are getting 2 cars this year and 4 cars next year. Which essentially means they will all be sold or already sold due to such low numbers.

Not sure if he's spinning a yarn on me or if its actually true. Anyone know anything about this?
The number that has been most frequently tossed around is Canada will get 300 cars this year, and 500-600 next year. These numbers mean most dealers will get only 1 car this year, and perhaps 2 next year. Two dealers I have been working with have told me they would only be getting 1 car this year.

However, with the lack of information from Toyota Canada, and lack of knowledge, replaced by BS, from dealers, your guess is as good as mine.

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Gentleman in Canada, if possible, could you see if the odometer and HVAC can be switched to imperial units?? I'm considering going there to buy a white on red Supra since the launch editions are being marked up too high in South FL.

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
Got mine Tuesday dropped it off at ceramic and tint . Get it back Saturday am.
Sweet ride !

5B902505-EC70-4399-BA4E-9192B6082B9A.jpeg
Hey PM me where you are getting the ceramic and tint done and how much? I'm looking to do the same for my supra when I do get it.
Sponsored