Cannot measure oil

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
I think you're handling this really well. Working with the dealer and providing complete and specific info. I know it's frustrating, but they'll get to the bottom of this and by having your car at the official dealer, it will be fully documented. Hassle yes. But you'll have a satisfactory solution one way or the other. Good job.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dragonhunter241

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
5D098A31-A683-426C-B69B-1CED8597F250.jpeg
They have opened up a case direct with BMW now. They have exhausted all options from Toyota side. Letā€™s see what BMW says now.

Dega22

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Launch Edition
Do you have an update on this? I have a 2020 that I took to the dealership for an oil change on Monday and they can't get it to read the oil level now. Sounds like the same issue as yours, it will only reach 18% progress on the reading. They are unwilling to release the car and unfortunately it's my only car so I can't go weeks without it. Thanks.

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium
Do you have an update on this? I have a 2020 that I took to the dealership for an oil change on Monday and they can't get it to read the oil level now. Sounds like the same issue as yours, it will only reach 18% progress on the reading. They are unwilling to release the car and unfortunately it's my only car so I can't go weeks without it. Thanks.
I hope they have provided you with a suitable loaner...

Dega22

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hope they have provided you with a suitable loaner...
Nope, they said they don't do loaners. Is this typical for a Toyota dealership? I've had Camaro's before this and the dealership I used was always willing to give me a loaner but I never needed one.

KellyJoe

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Nope, they said they don't do loaners. Is this typical for a Toyota dealership? I've had Camaro's before this and the dealership I used was always willing to give me a loaner but I never needed one.
"They" may not do loaners but corporate will make 'em if pushed... Had a '17 Tacoma in for a leaking rear diff gasket. 67 days total "zipping" around in a Corolla... Don't roll over.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
This is total bullshit. They do loaners because when inventory was in surplus they (all toyota dealers) would "sell" themselves fleets of loaner cars like Corolla, prius, rav4, etc... to help hit sales numbers. They are likely low on loaner cars because of the inventory shortage, but to say they simply do not do loaners is untrue.

Your insurance may cover you if you have rental car coverage or mechanical breakdown on your policy, but that should be option C. I would push the dealer to provide you a vehicle even if it's something from their used car inventory as an extended test drive.

If they push back, call toyota corporate and at least have the complaint on file.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Call corporate as many have stated. I took my car down to get key programmed (original dealership lost key, and this dealership got it for me hours away) and they gave me a loaner car because they knew I worked third shift and wouldn't get any sleep waiting. Make them give you a loaner.

Dega22

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll push them to get me something to drive when they call for an update today. I've been lucky enough to be working from home this week because of renovations at my office, but I'm supposed to be back in next week. Thanks for the advise guys.

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0
So another quick update- the Toyota rep my dealer has been in contact with told them yesterday to disconnect battery for 30 min and reconnect and test drive. This was a solution another member was able to use for this same exact issue. They did that and then a test drive but it didnā€™t work for me.

Now in this new test drive a new error came up. They had low oil pressure code and check engine light came on.

I have been telling them since day one of dropping off my car that they need to replace the oil pressure valve assembly assembly because thatā€™s what people on bmw forums did when this issue happened. I already pointed them to the correct part number 23950WAA01.

Having said that, I am also one of those Supraā€™s who oil is consumed at an alarming rate. Now if this specific part which controls oil pressure and consumption throughout the engine is faulty this early, does this mean this may be the main culprit in all the 21s who have oil consumption issues?

Letā€™s see and find out once this part is replaced.
Have you have any new ? Or the part you provide to them, have they performed or replace part( replace the oil pressure valve assembly by Toyota dealer yet?) If replacement, is it solve the issue of oil level measurement?

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
Just had the same problem the Supra would stop reading the oil level at 18-23 percent of the checking process. What I did was let it cool down a bit and it was able to read it. Thatā€™s probably why some of the dealers not seeing this problem when they check the oil. Just waiting for the low oil level to come on so I can take it in.

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You should show them the video.
My car does the same thing.it only read to 54%, My car is tune with jb4 and bunch of stuff like catless downpipe,full exhaust , intake charge pipe. So I'm very hesitant to bring it to the dealer. So what I did is I order a level oil sensor from the dealer that's around $165 and I replace it after that everything is back to normal (problem solved), I was able to read oil level and everything. So the whole things I believe about low oil consumption are readings wrong I'm very sure it's about this sensor this call oil level sensor.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
My car does the same thing.it only read to 54%, My car is tune with jb4 and bunch of stuff like catless downpipe,full exhaust , intake charge pipe. So I'm very hesitant to bring it to the dealer. So what I did is I order a level oil sensor from the dealer that's around $165 and I replace it after that everything is back to normal (problem solved), I was able to read oil level and everything. So the whole things I believe about low oil consumption are readings wrong I'm very sure it's about this sensor this call oil level sensor.
How hard is it to replace that sensor? I only started seeing this issue in the last few days. The burning or low oil is another issue entirely because people are adding oilā€¦but yeah looks like we got two issues now bad or going bad level oil sensors and burning oil issue!

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How hard is it to replace that sensor? I only started seeing this issue in the last few days. The burning or low oil is another issue entirely because people are adding oilā€¦but yeah looks like we got two issues now bad or going bad level oil sensors and burning oil issue!
First you need to drain all the oil out in order for you to remove the oil level sensors so oil don't spill out after that you remove the oil level sensors and replace with the new one.
And of course after you replace the new one you top it up with the oil you just remove or you can also top it up with a new oil and new filter (That's what I did).
Bringing it into the dealer it just cause too many issue and they can keep your car for a while and we all know in the BMW forums that is the issue just replace it and we call it a day much easier than go through all this claim for $165 job. And of course for some of us that have tuned the car bringing the car to the dealer for this cheap fix could cause a ECU to be re-flash back to OEM standard. Therefore I suggest any member what this issues just order a new oil level sensor and replace it yourself, it very fairly easy job took me less than 45 minutes.
Hope this helpful.
Sponsored