• Total voters

TeaTango

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Absolute Zero '21 Supra 3.0 premium
Right at 5100 miles now, checked the oil after a drive and got my second low oil notification so I added a quart. First was at 3600 miles so right around 1500 miles after the first. Original oil other than what I've added.

21Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, Honda CRV Hybrid Touring
I wish people would just take these to the dealer. This needs to be documented. If you keep putting a band aid on it and just adding oil its not going to help solve the issue. Maybe its an issue, maybe its not. Toyota needs to figure it out and issue guidance. Makes it hard when half of the people who own one wont say anything

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Iā€™ve been getting a little anxious to hear when the 2022 will be released and if theyā€™ve addressed this issue with BMW. Iā€™m sure there are more cases reported to Toyota than we see on this forum.

The registered members on here represent less than 1% of the all MKV Supra owners.

-RJM

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
@3850 miles and another 3/4 quart low...doesn't seem right?..lol
Sounds like you have vertical scoring in the cylinders. Get that shit tested asap that's ridiculous

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Right at 5100 miles now, checked the oil after a drive and got my second low oil notification so I added a quart. First was at 3600 miles so right around 1500 miles after the first. Original oil other than what I've added.
I've been at the 3/4 low mark for quite a while now. I've been watching it closely for the last few thousand miles and it almost seems like it's stabilised. I'm currently at 4,300 miles (6,900kms) I'm still on the original oil. My tailpipes do not show any residue on them. I did an easy break in. my build date is 03/20 (I have one of the early ECU's that can still be tuned) back to my point now. My car goes in on July 1st for the one year service, and I'm going to measure the old oil that comes out. Good luck fellow Supra owners with the oil consumption. I hope everybody get's sorted out.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I noticed something odd over the weekend. While I was sitting at my auto-x event between rounds, I said hey, lets check the oil level. Car had been sitting for a hour but I let it run for another 10 min before measuring. Sure enough, level came back at half. Did the test 2 more times, same. Ok cool. Get home (about a 30 mile drive), before I shut the car off, I had it in my normal oil level check spot and measured again. Full. Wondering how sensitive the system is to temps? A half qt is a lot to be off for a 30-40Ā° difference in oil temps.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I noticed something odd over the weekend. While I was sitting at my auto-x event between rounds, I said hey, lets check the oil level. Car had been sitting for a hour but I let it run for another 10 min before measuring. Sure enough, level came back at half. Did the test 2 more times, same. Ok cool. Get home (about a 30 mile drive), before I shut the car off, I had it in my normal oil level check spot and measured again. Full. Wondering how sensitive the system is to temps? A half qt is a lot to be off for a 30-40Ā° difference in oil temps.
Iā€™ve noticed that the oil level can fluctuate as much as 10mm in either direction depending on the level of the surface your checking.

Iā€™m not sure what that equals in oil volume based on the size of the pan. But I bet it can be as much as 1/3 of a quart.

-RJM

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Iā€™ve noticed that the oil level can fluctuate as much as 10mm in either direction depending on the level of the surface your checking.

Iā€™m not sure what that equals in oil volume based on the size of the pan. But I bet it can be as much as 1/3 of a quart.

-RJM
Hmm. Would make sense. Where i normally check the oil, its a little nose down. Where I checked it at the races, pretty flat. Didnt really think it would be that big of a difference, especially cause I think its a calculated measurement based on flow. If that is truly the case, being level wouldn't have a huge impact but I am just speculating here.

As a test, next time I drive it, I will park in my normal spot and do the test. Then flip the car around and test again. Maybe there will be a difference?

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
Checking back in. First oil change was at 1200 miles. I want to do the 5000 mile oil change interval and had mine changed out at 5106. My oil reading was at the midway point between the full and min marker. So in 3906 miles my car burned through roughly a half liter. Doesn't seem excessive but still something I will be monitoring.

Drakov

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Glad I'm not burning oil as of yet. 2021 a91 with 10500 miles. Did first oil change at 5002 miles.

Build date 7/20 bought end of 12/20 with 40 miles.

I do occasionally see a puff of white smoke coming from rear when I stop at a light after 20 or so miles of highway driving.
Sponsored