Carplay has disappeared

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Carplay is so buggy in my 21 Supra as to be unusable. Roughly 2/3 of the time when I do any of the following, the entire iDrive system shuts down to a hard reboot and/or display of the "Supra" startup screen:

1) press the phone button on the steering wheel
2) recieve a phone call
3) Start Waze or Audible
4) switch to/from carplay as an audio source

I've deactivated Carplay pending my dealer reflashing iDrive during my next service visit. FYI. YMMV.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Ah sorry to hear that... This issue had been bugging me for a while now and I thought I finally figured it out and got excited to share with everyone :/
Don't feel bad, I'm glad you shared your experience as I'm willing to try anything that I can possibly do..

Now I can see some buttard posting away eating 3 corn dogs simultaneously fixed it..

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
.. my CarPlay works again now. I drove the car around a couple of times and delete/forget device/re-paired my iPhone to the car and it asked if I want to use CarPlay. Activated and now works.

Iambatman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Did you code your car? It's pretty easy to zap things in Expert mode if you're not careful.

Beyond that, there is a menu option somewhere that sets up the comm mode. I think you have to have wifi active for carplay to appear.
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 5.45.32 PM.jpg
Same thing happened to me today and this work! Thank you.
Sponsored