First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I like how toyota said these cars are easily tuneable....yet CEL everywhere
a big part of the issue is nobody has totally figured out how to work the ECU. It seems everybody is having issues getting their cars to run properly.

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
a big part of the issue is nobody has totally figured out how to work the ECU. It seems everybody is having issues getting their cars to run properly.
I'm just curious to how annoying the CEL actually is (will it make annoying chimes?) and if it will be a problem that can link to the computer not informing the driver when to have the car maintenance (since this car doesn't come with a basic oil dip stick and owners manual says to never change the oil unless the vehicle says so, which is something that still baffles me because oil dip stick is literally a basic universal way to check oil level).

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
so......are you telling me that BMW can still trace piggybacks?! :eek:
Apparently thatā€™s been the case across many manufacturers for a while. Iā€™m not sure how it works Iā€™m not an expert, but I do know modern cars ā€œphone homeā€ when they are taken to the dealership.

personally Iā€™ve seen some incredibly interesting logs my ā€œmodernā€ car makes. My current 2012 Toyota logs where I park it, where Iā€™ve driven for like 40 entries and my top speed Iā€™ve ever reached. RPM as well as wheel spin is also logged. If youā€™re reaching unusual parameters, you can guarantee theyā€™ll know.

that being said Iā€™ve not heard of anyone having their peepee slapped because of it.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently thatā€™s been the case across many manufacturers for a while. Iā€™m not sure how it works Iā€™m not an expert, but I do know modern cars ā€œphone homeā€ when they are taken to the dealership.

personally Iā€™ve seen some incredibly interesting logs my ā€œmodernā€ car makes. My current 2012 Toyota logs where I park it, where Iā€™ve driven for like 40 entries and my top speed Iā€™ve ever reached. RPM as well as wheel spin is also logged. If youā€™re reaching unusual parameters, you can guarantee theyā€™ll know.

that being said Iā€™ve not heard of anyone having their peepee slapped because of it.
As I understand it, the car knows to some degree that the way the piggy back intercepts and alters signals for things such as boost are not realistic to the readings from other sensors. I donā€™t however think it triggers any flags or anything like that so unless someone really looks for it you wonā€™t find anything.

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
As I understand it, the car knows to some degree that the way the piggy back intercepts and alters signals for things such as boost are not realistic to the readings from other sensors. I donā€™t however think it triggers any flags or anything like that so unless someone really looks for it you wonā€™t find anything.
I hope not ....but do you guys think warranty is worth it?

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Can you afford a new engine?
Oh shit....you got me there, but i was wondering how the warranty is for toyota, because idk what they cover for warranty, or maybe it's bmw warranty policy, idk much about warranty policy or how it works for the supra

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
Somebody has got to be able to tune this o2 cel out. Twisted tuning any luck?

OP
OP

twarner776

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, Audi A6
Somebody has got to be able to tune this o2 cel out. Twisted tuning any luck?
Ok....... Reset where I am

Originally I replaced the protune with mhd but the fabspeed spacer was still in place and I got a CEL.

Since then I removed the O2 spacer, cleared codes and I'm on day 3 no CEL..... I feel like I'm in a recovery program counting days but my mhd contact seems to feel confident I should be good now.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
Ok....... Reset where I am

Originally I replaced the protune with mhd but the fabspeed spacer was still in place and I got a CEL.

Since then I removed the O2 spacer, cleared codes and I'm on day 3 no CEL..... I feel like I'm in a recovery program counting days but my mhd contact seems to feel confident I should be good now.
So the rear o2 is back in stock configuration?

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99ā€™ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I am still showing a code on the JB4 for too high of resistance....have not yet gotten a light.

has been about 100 miles with DP and fabspeed spacer. I am sure it is coming, but hoping it is not...

Verdi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
So what tune on jb4 if we leave the stock cat?
Sponsored