2021 supra premium
Thxs for all the input
Sponsored

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I can say that both the PowerNeedy and Active Autowerke catted downpipe do not throw a CEL.

The PowerNeedy is on an early 2020 Supra and ran about 5k miles without a CEL before I flash tuned it.
The Active Autowerke is on a early 2021 Supra and has about 800 miles without a CEL. Factory tune.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I can say that both the PowerNeedy and Active Autowerke catted downpipe do not throw a CEL.

The PowerNeedy is on an early 2020 Supra and ran about 5k miles without a CEL before I flash tuned it.
The Active Autowerke is on a early 2021 Supra and has about 800 miles without a CEL. Factory tune.
:thumbsup:

drave199

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2016 Ram Diesel
Will a GESI catted dp even do anything for performance on the car over the stock dp? If itā€™s being restrictive enough to not cause a cel, I wonder how much itā€™s actually doing. Iā€™m interested in making the exhaust louder but donā€™t want a cel. Also concerned about potential warranty issues. But not liking the thought of spending $2k+ on a cat back lol.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Will a GESI catted dp even do anything for performance on the car over the stock dp? If itā€™s being restrictive enough to not cause a cel, I wonder how much itā€™s actually doing. Iā€™m interested in making the exhaust louder but donā€™t want a cel. Also concerned about potential warranty issues. But not liking the thought of spending $2k+ on a cat back lol.
its higher flow than stock, you'll get a mild sound increase and can make more power with a tune

drave199

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2016 Ram Diesel
its higher flow than stock, you'll get a mild sound increase and can make more power with a tune
Not able to tune unfortunately. And thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to figure out, is the ā€œmildā€ sound increase and minimal power increase (without a tune) worth the money and potential headache for warranty. Versus just getting a cat back to a archive the sound

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Just get a cat back, or JB4 and catted down pipe tooā€¦. Or, all three$$$$$?

Meep

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Not able to tune unfortunately. And thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to figure out, is the ā€œmildā€ sound increase and minimal power increase (without a tune) worth the money and potential headache for warranty. Versus just getting a cat back to a archive the sound
I highly doubt it will cause any issue with warranty especially if its catted and doesn't throw a CEL on stock tune

Drewcity75

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Every answer you get will be biased, as is mine. MAPerformance. Right price, no CEL, fitment was perfect, GESI cat, sounds fine. idk. I can't really comment since it's the only DP I've had, and I don't care about how the car sounds, I just want to go zoom zoom down the track for a few seconds, then eat cookies with @puzzled and @ikeaboy
How is the sound anyway? Just ordered MAPerformance Catted downpipe 2 weeks ago.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Not sure if this has also been said before but the placement of the cat is also very significant. An aftermarket downpipe situates the cat further back from the turbo compared to OEM.

Helicaldamn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2014 Toyota 4Runner, 1986 Toyota 4Runner
Iā€™ve got roughly 1k miles on an AMS catted dp and no CEL yet.

ddoubled

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Nocturnal
Installed my MAPerformance catted downpipe this weekend. Definitely an increase in sound, I wouldn't say huge but certainly noticeable, in sport mode. Seems about like oem in normal mode. Pretty much what I was looking for at this time.

Helicaldamn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2014 Toyota 4Runner, 1986 Toyota 4Runner
Was there a huge increase in exhaust noise while in sport mode?
I also installed the AWE resonated touring exhaust at the same time. So yes, huge noise increase. My neighbors can hear me start my car every morning. Sorry I have no reference on the stock exhaust to which Iā€™m sure youā€™re asking about. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the AMS dp or the AWE exhaust, but I can hear slight burbles in normal mode now.
Sponsored