Chargeback Scammers

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
2 of them are local to me. I didn’t see any Supras in the driveway on Google maps. Lol
Likely doing this across multiple platforms, cars, sites, and are pros at doing this.

Hopefully more people will agree to refund the police someday, general speaking.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Likely doing this across multiple platforms, cars, sites, and are pros at doing this.

Hopefully more people will agree to refund the police someday, general speaking.
I hate scammers and people taking money out of hardworking people. These folks need to go out there and get a job and earn their parts.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Defamation cases are very hard to prove. Putting their names out there for scamming you and them being able to actually prove, without a doubt, that by doing that you actually harmed them is very slim if at all.
These things are always hard to prove and insignificant until it happens to you. Like the lottery winner when some scumbag decides he wants to mess with your life even more, have you defend yourself in court.

It's ok to put names out there (more than 1 Donald in this world), but driver's licenses and personal shit, they never gave anyone permission to share that stuff to the world, even if they are alleged fraudsters.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In the future, can we use a different form of payment that makes it harder for these clowns? Or prevent further fraud for y’all. I’ll do it!

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
In the future, can we use a different form of payment that makes it harder for these clowns? Or prevent further fraud for y’all. I’ll do it!
That’s why I much prefer PayPal as they actually investigate. I also offer Zelle and Venmo for payment options which protect me But unless people know me they can be reluctant to pay unprotected methods

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
That’s why I much prefer PayPal as they actually investigate. I also offer Zelle and Venmo for payment options which protect me But unless people know me they can be reluctant to pay unprotected methods
Had a different experience with PayPal. The Wife purchased one of her Rae Dunn thingamajiggies from one of her marketplace forums a year or so ago. Used PayPal goods and services but the other party was a scammer and never sent whatever it was she purchased. We initiated a fraud claim and they denied it. It was obviously a robo-generated email with a canned doesn't qualify for protection for some reason I can't recall now. We attempted to challenge/appeal (whatever the process was) and did not get so much as a response. My attitude now with PayPal is they can GFThemselves. We only use PayPal now if there is no other decent option. Initiated a chargeback with our credit card and had the refund in one day.

There is a special place in hell for scammers...

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
These are scammers, find opportunities to fuck others. So no need to give them another reason to fuck you even more. These scumbags have no morals
I just would like to know how you can be sued for defamation if what you are say/posting is true and have evidence to back up your claim.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just would like to know how you can be sued for defamation if what you are say/posting is true and have evidence to back up your claim.
Unfortunately you can be sued for anything, at least here in the US. Which takes time = money. If Jeff Bezos did this, absolutely they’d be going after him for defamation or anything the client and lawyer can split $$$.

Mental anguish is a big one chicks like to go after someone with real $$$. It’s total bullshit, imo. But common place 😞

I’ll definitely do that whenever I can. Thanks brother. And good to see you back on here ✌🏼

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Unfortunately you can be sued for anything, at least here in the US. Which takes time = money. If Jeff Bezos did this, absolutely they’d be going after him for defamation or anything the client and lawyer can split $$$.

Mental anguish is a big one chicks like to go after someone with real $$$. It’s total bullshit, imo. But common place 😞

I’ll definitely do that whenever I can. Thanks brother. And good to see you back on here ✌🏼
This is probably a big reason there are so many scammers around. Oh I get caught mental anguish or defamation.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
It is way, way, WAY too easy to sue people in America. Just think, “Caution: Contents may be hot.” Please…
the swiss system is better, so many fewer frivolous suits, crazy fines for filing them, and consequences for bs ones. if suing for a set amount of money you have to put up 10% first usually, stops a lot of the riff-raff from getting into the court dockets. Overall I have amazing clients, especially the ones from here, and honestly, I have been very lucky in the few years of doing this, so for that, I am definitely thankful, it is the few that ruin it for everyone. This industry as of late has become more difficult from not only the chargeback/fraud standpoint but those that deal with overseas vendors also know that dealing with china as a whole right now is a very dangerous game that has bit a lot of vendors in the A**. At the end of the day dealing with forum members is my preferred cliental base and hopefully it stays that way.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Late to reply but I have some stuff to add from my last post.

These names I posted aren't the scammers real name. Nor are the addresses. It's pretty much the people's card they stole. So going after the name or address posted would be worthless.

What I have noticed is that some of these people target houses that are for sale. They have items shipped there and just wait for the mail truck to arrive, then porch pirate the stuff.

What else I noticed is the people that are scammers get mad when you tell them you aren't going to ship their order. Legit people try to work with you and are glad to get you any extra info needed to verify they are who they say they are.

My best thing I have done, is ask for them to screen shot the transaction going through in their account. If they can't do that, it's a scam. Some people I also tell to use PayPal instead since it is more secure for the buyer and seller.

After doing this for 17 years, our scam rate has gone down a ton but when you are dealing with a couple mil worth of sales per year, you are destine to let a couple slip by. It's just part of business unfortunately.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Late to reply but I have some stuff to add from my last post.

These names I posted aren't the scammers real name. Nor are the addresses. It's pretty much the people's card they stole. So going after the name or address posted would be worthless.

What I have noticed is that some of these people target houses that are for sale. They have items shipped there and just wait for the mail truck to arrive, then porch pirate the stuff.

What else I noticed is the people that are scammers get mad when you tell them you aren't going to ship their order. Legit people try to work with you and are glad to get you any extra info needed to verify they are who they say they are.

My best thing I have done, is ask for them to screen shot the transaction going through in their account. If they can't do that, it's a scam. Some people I also tell to use PayPal instead since it is more secure for the buyer and seller.

After doing this for 17 years, our scam rate has gone down a ton but when you are dealing with a couple mil worth of sales per year, you are destine to let a couple slip by. It's just part of business unfortunately.
aren’t they only able to ship items to their billing addresses?

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
aren’t they only able to ship items to their billing addresses?
Usually if the billing and shipping addresses don’t match it could be a sign of fraudulent order. But there’s some other things to lookout for.

Most payment processing gateways actually have a built in risk monitor that shows if an order is high risk.
Sponsored