Chevron Techron vs Shell V-Power

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Its been so long since I filled the Supra up, I dont even remember whats in the tank. I am boycotting gas stations at the moment and trying to help overload the CA power grid instead.
You're going to need some good luck on that

CA Power Grid

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Making power and being able to actually supply it are 2 different things. Do you guys not get rolling blackouts down there? Its a weekly thing in my area during summer.
I was just putting that as a joke don't worry.

No, we do not down here in LA. Even in 100+ in the Valley, it still is on and people out here charging their cars no problem. :p

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I was just putting that as a joke don't worry.

No, we do not down here in LA. Even in 100+ in the Valley, it still is on and people out here charging their cars no problem. :p
Must just be because I live in the ghetto where it gets to 120°....

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Here where I live the gas comes in one or two refineries it's just the additive that the company like shell or chevron add that's different. As long as it's top tier gas it sucks there's only 91 oct here in CA.

darkknight302

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premiun
First, in my state, when a tanker truck goes for a fill at a tank farm, there are no labels or advertisements on the tanks, second, there are no labels or advertisements on the actual tanker truck, so , if u think your getting shell,
Amoco,or whatever at your nearest gas station, that’s wishful thinking.
PS there are no labels or brand names on tanker trucks in Florida, other then the carriers name.
The gas in the tank is pretty much the same until it gets to a certain gas station. When it gets there, that gas company adds their own additives detergents to it.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Does anyone have a preference? Just curious!
Honestly either is good. I would say it's top 1 and 2 for me. I use both, but prefer Chevron. Shell has a good discount program. It also gets a boost for T-Mobile Tuesdays. An extra 0.10 off. That being said if you shop at Safeway or Fred Meyer's or qfc, there are some steep discounts. That's one way I judge which to get....who has the biggest discount atm, haha. With safeway and qfc you can get 0.90 off per gallon.

Tl;Dr either is good. I use both, prefer Chevron but don't think twice when shell is closer or cheaper.

BMW_GHOST_INSIDE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0, Audi TTS
From all my research and personal experience with the 2 brands, I learned that Chevron uses "Techron", which is a fuel additive cleaning agent to help keep your engine clean, while Shell uses their "V-Power", Nitro additive which basically works the same way but burns better than other gases, giving you more "power" per air/fuel mixture. So for "performance" I would use Shell and for better fuel economy, I would use Chevron. Both are good top tier brands. You could always switch back and forth when you get to half a tank and have the best of both worlds I guess. lol

gcurnew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0, 2020 992 C4
Would never use Shell 91 non-ethanol when I have the option of Chevron 94 non-ethanol where I live. The alternative go-to fuel in my 992 C4 is PetroCanda 94 with <10% ethanol and would fall back to that for the Supra if Chevron 94 isn't available.
Sponsored