Clicking and Popping (Video)

Toshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Nitro Yellow

So I got my supra up to 1100 miles before I said screw it and did 2 -3 WOT pulls pretty close to home. Pulled into a convenience store and noticed considerable clicking noises coming from the exhaust? Catalytic converter? Is this just a result of those WOT pulls?

I drove it pretty spirited, maybe getting up to 5-5.5k rpm on my drives home from 0 to 1100 miles so it wasn't like I was super babying it but I do not ever recall hearing this much or at all when I would turn off my Supra and get out. Am I being paranoid or did I just heat up my exhaust like crazy doing the WOT pulls?.... fell like I did damage or something o_O
Sponsored

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
i know that this is all normal. but it all happens in the cat?
i did a muffler delete on mine. still experience this (thinking it was the muffler that expands and contract) i still have the resonator tho. or is it the whole exhaust system in general?

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
i know that this is all normal. but it all happens in the cat?
i did a muffler delete on mine. still experience this (thinking it was the muffler that expands and contract) i still have the resonator tho. or is it the whole exhaust system in general?
Metal in general.

OP
OP
Toshi

Toshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Nitro Yellow
Lmao thanks guys!

@wolf_kyle yea the cat does it too after some research. Especially after WOT's

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I know others have answered. Have a '21 also and are totally normal cooling sounds. Almost every car I drive hard will do this to some degree, though I'd still recommend letting any vehicle with a turbo idle for a good 5 - 10mins if you're able before shutting it down. I always do this when parking the car in the garage after driving it hard.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I know others have answered. Have a '21 also and are totally normal cooling sounds. Almost every car I drive hard will do this to some degree, though I'd still recommend letting any vehicle with a turbo idle for a good 5 - 10mins if you're able before shutting it down. I always do this when parking the car in the garage after driving it hard.
Remember Turbo Timers? I sorta miss that.
Sponsored