Coding AUX audio with Bimmercode

fudog82

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
So I installed the Road Top version of MMI prime today's everything is working, coded aux,, BUT when I go to aux, I hear a very faint volume only on the left side, and whenever I speak I can hear the myself on the system and it reverbs like crazy, any idea what I did wrong? Did you guys hook up the mic thing when plugging in the kit? Maybe I messed with the fiber optic cables?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Branflakes123

Branflakes123

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue
So I installed the Road Top version of MMI prime today's everything is working, coded aux,, BUT when I go to aux, I hear a very faint volume only on the left side, and whenever I speak I can hear the myself on the system and it reverbs like crazy, any idea what I did wrong? Did you guys hook up the mic thing when plugging in the kit? Maybe I messed with the fiber optic cables?
For the BimmerTech unit, I did not plug in a separate microphone. It utilizes the ones already in the car.

fudog82

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
For the BimmerTech unit, I did not plug in a separate microphone. It utilizes the ones already in the car.
That's my first problem then, I'll have to go back in. Also, you didn't plug an aux to USB adapter in did you? I just left the aux cording unplugged.

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
So is there a difference between the aliexpress mmi and bimmertech mmi?
The differences I could spot were:
- Different metal casing
- Different interface skin
- Easier warranty/issue handling

The case difference probably just depends on the original manufacturer.

My locally sourced MMi (but equally Aliexpress MMi) dealer told the devices might run hot. So putting the MMi behind the dashboard radio module should be safe, as there is enough space to dissipate the heat. Other people placed it in their glovecompartment in their BMW's but that seemed to be not providing enough cooling for the module.

I think the difference in metal casing is just a different/better way to dissipate the heat.

SupremeLeaderGD

First Name
Goldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
The differences I could spot were:
- Different metal casing
- Different interface skin
- Easier warranty/issue handling

The case difference probably just depends on the original manufacturer.

My locally sourced MMi (but equally Aliexpress MMi) dealer told the devices might run hot. So putting the MMi behind the dashboard radio module should be safe, as there is enough space to dissipate the heat. Other people placed it in their glovecompartment in their BMW's but that seemed to be not providing enough cooling for the module.

I think the difference in metal casing is just a different/better way to dissipate the heat.
Thanks for your reply, makes me really think about which route I wanna go with. Something budget friendly or expensive with convenience.

Reactions: B54

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Man, this looks like the biggest PITA I've ever seen. Glad I switched back to iPhone.
Sponsored