Crankshaft Breather Hose

ry0de

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
So I recently installed the Armaspeed Carbon Intake. I believe I installed everything properly. My only concern is the breather hose. I heard how fragile it is. The connector part to the inlet itself is in good shape. I can’t visually identify if the other end is in good condition or not. I was very careful when detaching and reattaching the hose. Wouldn’t there be a CEL if the hose was broken?
Sponsored

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
So I recently installed the Armaspeed Carbon Intake. I believe I installed everything properly. My only concern is the breather hose. I heard how fragile it is. The connector part to the inlet itself is in good shape. I can’t visually identify if the other end is in good condition or not. I was very careful when detaching and reattaching the hose. Wouldn’t there be a CEL if the hose was broken?
I broke my connector part during install. its still connected to the intake, everything works great although my initial CEL was for other reasons ;)

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
I broke my connector part during install. its still connected to the intake, everything works great although my initial CEL was for other reasons ;)
Yup same over here, I semi broke it but everything works fine.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
I don't know what it is these days but anything plastic with regards to QD connectors and wiring connectors seem very fragile particularly on cold weather. To the point where I dread messing with plastic connectors in our winter temps that aren't really even cold at 5-10 deg C. On my bikes it doesn't seem to be an issue but the cars it's a pain.

Phil

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
If you just cap/block the crank/block PCV fitting and run a VTT breather oil cap and compliment your PCV system with a catch can, you can just eliminate it all together. Those OEM fittings are fragile and super cheap quality.

On my top mount setup I just have it capped off.

PCV.jpg

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Do you have a clearer picture of what you used to block it? doesn't look like a typical rubber cap on the barb.
That's an AN fitting cap. He is using a metal fitting to the block that replaces the OEM plastic fitting.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Gotcha, would you happen to know off the top of your head the size of the fitting? I bought some fuel hose and a spare oem breather hose the other day to replicate your flexi-hose, but this looks like a less cluttered solution.
I don't off the top of my head but I've been meaning to find out. If you you find out first, please share. :)

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
was able to grab a picture of the fitting but unfortunately the part number (s280922) is a dead end. the other stamping is a material reference.

IMG_20231114_115655~2.jpg
IMG_20231114_115739~2.jpg

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
was able to grab a picture of the fitting but unfortunately the part number (s280922) is a dead end. the other stamping is a material reference.

IMG_20231114_115655~2.jpg
IMG_20231114_115739~2.jpg
What are you trying to do?

BMW #11158699312 and it comes attached to the breather hose.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
yep, thats the part number i ordered to harvest the fitting ends from.

Goal was, in order of preference:
1. eliminate the ccv hose, using a breather filter on the check valve and cap the intake, OR
2. plug ccv port entirely and cap the intake, OR
3. harvest the check valve for an AOS

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
yep, thats the part number i ordered to harvest the fitting ends from.

Goal was, in order of preference:
1. eliminate the ccv hose, using a breather filter on the check valve and cap the intake, OR
2. plug ccv port entirely and cap the intake, OR
3. harvest the check valve for an AOS
Want to take some measurements of the fitting? I would imagine it's a pretty standard size.
Sponsored