Customer Mode?!? Dealership Joyride?!? Dealer BS?

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Processing times vary, but they can be ordered ahead of time.

Toyota Supra Navigation Key Ordering Instructions said:
Navigate to www.supramapactivation.com and order a license key.

NOTE
  • Refer to the Map Activation Order Request Guide at https://www.toyota-tech.eu/Supra/MapActivationGuide_EN.pdf#page=4 for complete ordering instructions.
  • To place the order, enter the vehicle VIN and select the applicable country.
  • Orders can be submitted 24 hours a day, but order processing times are limited. Therefore, orders need to be placed in advance according to the schedule for PDS.
  • Time from order placed until order completed: From same-day to max. 3 days (no processing on weekends)
  • If an order is placed just before a scheduled order processing time, the order may be processed at the next scheduled order processing time.
  • Order processing times (Central European Time): Monday ā€“ Friday, 9:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 9:00 PM
  • Orders are processed in Europe and will therefore follow European Daylight Saving (Summer) Time. The European Daylight Saving Time schedule differs from the USA schedule.
  • After the order has been received, an email will be sent to the address that was provided during user registration to inform you of the time at which processing is expected to be completed.
  • As long as ISTA is connected to the internet, the ordered license key will automatically populate in ISTA during the navigation map activation procedure. (No physical object will be sent to the dealer.)
  • Activation MUST be completed within 30 days of the license key order. If activation is NOT completed within 30 days of the license key order, the license key will become invalid, and it will be necessary to order a new license key.
  • The 4-year free update period is calculated from the completion of the license key order, NOT from the activation timing.
Jeff

qmantran

First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37S
I wanted to check with the techs on the forum, but my dealer says the physically need the car to request the code necessary to activate the nav system. Is that BS? Because I donā€™t trust the dealership entirely.
Dealer is lying to you. I placed a order for map activation for the Supra at my dealership and all that was needed was the dealership to register for a account and enter in the VIN# along with the country they wish to have navigation maps for.

Attached is a link of what I did for the Supra at my dealer.

www.supramapactivation.com

supramap.jpg

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer is lying to you. I placed a order for map activation for the Supra at my dealership and all that was needed was the dealership to register for a account and enter in the VIN# along with the country they wish to have navigation maps for.

Attached is a link of what I did for the Supra at my dealer.

www.supramapactivation.com

supramap.jpg
Thanks everyone! I went to a different dealer and we went to the Supra map website and requested a code. Iā€™m annoyed the other dealer did not do as I stated but oh well.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
One of the dealerships I'd previously put an inquiry into about an LE reached out yesterday and let me know that their LE just arrived and it was a red one. I asked how much they were asking for it and they said that I would have to come in to meet with the manager to find out. I've already had my black LE for a few weeks now (which is the color of the 3 LEs I wanted anyway), but the whole "you have to come in in person to find out the price" thing seemed super fishy to me. It seemed like a ploy to lure you in and then pressure you into buying the car at some ridiculous price. Although I had no interest in the car at this point, I was curious to see if my guess was right about what they were trying to pull. For the time being, I told them that because I am out of state that I wouldn't be going all the way over there to see a car if I didn't know how much it cost. They texted me a video of the car to show how awesome it was. I told them again that it looks great, but what does it cost? Today the manager of the store called me and said that the owner of the dealership had actually purchased both of the LEs for himself, but is willing to negotiate on this one if I'm interested. They finally were willing to talk price, and they said that they would give me the "special" price of $100,000 on this car, which is in extremely high demand right now. I told him that the best I could do is $90,000 because I had wanted a black one not a red one and they said they'd take it back to the owner to discuss. They tried calling back later today, but I didn't pick up so they texted me and said the best they can do is $95,000. I responded with a text with a picture of my black LE sitting in my garage, mentioned that I got it for basically MSRP, and told them that what they're doing is a disgrace to the Toyota name. I never got a response...

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
they said that they would give me the "special" price of $100,000 on this car, which is in extremely high demand right now. I told him that the best I could do is $90,000 because I had wanted a black one not a red one and they said they'd take it back to the owner to discuss. They tried calling back later today, but I didn't pick up so they texted me and said the best they can do is $95,000. I responded with a text with a picture of my black LE sitting in my garage, mentioned that I got it for basically MSRP, and told them that what they're doing is a disgrace to the Toyota name. I never got a response...
giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d4acbc8396b624c6380deae&rid=giphy.gif

qmantran

First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37S
One of the dealerships I'd previously put an inquiry into about an LE reached out yesterday and let me know that their LE just arrived and it was a red one. I asked how much they were asking for it and they said that I would have to come in to meet with the manager to find out. I've already had my black LE for a few weeks now (which is the color of the 3 LEs I wanted anyway), but the whole "you have to come in in person to find out the price" thing seemed super fishy to me. It seemed like a ploy to lure you in and then pressure you into buying the car at some ridiculous price. Although I had no interest in the car at this point, I was curious to see if my guess was right about what they were trying to pull. For the time being, I told them that because I am out of state that I wouldn't be going all the way over there to see a car if I didn't know how much it cost. They texted me a video of the car to show how awesome it was. I told them again that it looks great, but what does it cost? Today the manager of the store called me and said that the owner of the dealership had actually purchased both of the LEs for himself, but is willing to negotiate on this one if I'm interested. They finally were willing to talk price, and they said that they would give me the "special" price of $100,000 on this car, which is in extremely high demand right now. I told him that the best I could do is $90,000 because I had wanted a black one not a red one and they said they'd take it back to the owner to discuss. They tried calling back later today, but I didn't pick up so they texted me and said the best they can do is $95,000. I responded with a text with a picture of my black LE sitting in my garage, mentioned that I got it for basically MSRP, and told them that what they're doing is a disgrace to the Toyota name. I never got a response...
Why don't you expose the name of this dealership so everyone here knows not to do business with them?

tedan628

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Sti, 2005 Forester XT

love it bro.. another dealership in NJ (East Coast Toyota) i called yesterday and a sales guy picked up (Tyrone) and sounded a bit rude to me when i called if they have any premiums now at their dealership.

he told me he has yellow one now sitting at the show room, and i asked him which trim and they rudely he said to me" its a GR man"...i was like "what.. i know its a GR but is it a premium, or base model?"...

then he told me that it is a premium model.

Then the big question comes "how much is it?"

He told me " we are selling it for 80 grand."

then i said " dude its a premium not a Limited edition". and i hung up..

what an ass..seriously for Limited edition, i can understand with the mark up value...but premium what the ff...

this also goes same crap to another toyota dealership in South jersey (lakewood toyota). they will have yellow premium model coming soon this week and they asking 10 -15 grand mark up value.

To all toyota dealers whos reading this post..seriously, you asking mad mark up value for premiums is a disgrace

Last edited:

Countdamony

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lexus is250
My Navigation isn't set up yet either, car came in last Friday, was told they were still waiting on codes. I said I would bring the car back to have done, I wanted it now lol. I am having trouble pairing phone, didn't think I would need Nav for that?

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
My Navigation isn't set up yet either, car came in last Friday, was told they were still waiting on codes. I said I would bring the car back to have done, I wanted it now lol. I am having trouble pairing phone, didn't think I would need Nav for that?
Absolutely everything except the Nav works on my car. Carplay and bluetooth are fine.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
love it bro.. another dealership in NJ (East Coast Toyota) i called yesterday and a sales guy picked up (Tyrone) and sounded a bit rude to me when i called if they have any premiums now at their dealership.

he told me he has yellow one now sitting at the show room, and i asked him which trim and they rudely he said to me" its a GR man"...i was like "what.. i know its a GR but is it a premium, or base model?"...

then he told me that it is a premium model.

Then the big question comes "how much is it?"

He told me " we are selling it for 80 grand."

then i said " dude its a premium not a Limited edition". and i hung up..

what an ass..seriously for Limited edition, i can understand with the mark up value...but premium what the ff...

this also goes same crap to another toyota dealership in South jersey (lakewood toyota). they will have yellow premium model coming soon this week and they asking 10 -15 grand mark up value.

To all toyota dealers whos reading this post..seriously, you asking mad mark up value for premiums is a disgrace
I live in NJ. If it helps, there's a Supra at Toyota of Hackensack which isn't far from ECT.

I've done business there. There's a guy named Jay who's the manger and more of a car guy than a salesman. Obviously, he's going to do his job to make money, but I'm sure a compromise can be done between you and him if interested.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...lectedEntity=d309&zip=07601#listing=248657158

tedan628

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Sti, 2005 Forester XT
I live in NJ. If it helps, there's a Supra at Toyota of Hackensack which isn't far from ECT.

I've done business there. There's a guy named Jay who's the manger and more of a car guy than a salesman. Obviously, he's going to do his job to make money, but I'm sure a compromise can be done between you and him if interested.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...lectedEntity=d309&zip=07601#listing=248657158
Yup I ordered from toyota hackensack 10 mins away from my house. I am currently still waiting for my car to arrive. Armando help me

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
Hi Everyone,

Quick question for those who have already picked up their car - or any Toyota service folks.

During the PDI process, what's required to take the car out of transport mode? Do miles put on the car in Transport Mode count towards the vehicle? I know a navigation code is required and they have to request it from overseas. Are any "updates" also required where they would have to wait for something? I know they need a special cable which they were told about months ago to order. Anything else?

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
My dealer is saying they can't get the car out of transport mode until they receive this code.....

any ideas?
Sponsored